Need a Chrono? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need a Chrono?

XDRoX
10-20-2010, 10:37
I don't know how much this will go for, but if anyone is looking for a chronograph, here's a good one. You don't see these that often on ebay, but I happen to be browsing yesterday and saw it.

I have the same unit and it works great.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Oehler-Chronograph-w-sunscreens-/110599353333?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item19c03c33f5

GioaJack
10-20-2010, 10:49
Chris:

If anyone is in need os having a spare on hand it's you. :whistling:

Oh, wait... you're shooting with El Nino... better spend the money on body armor.

Jack

XDRoX
10-20-2010, 11:09
Chris:

If anyone is in need os having a spare on hand it's you. :whistling:

Oh, wait... you're shooting with El Nino... better spend the money on body armor.

Jack

:rofl:I did consider it as a spare.

But with the Oehler, the unit is separate from the screens, so my chances of shooting it are less:whistling:

El_Nin0619 and myself are working on a mobile tactical training course that we will be setting up in the local desert soon. You may come and train if you like, of course, we will give you a discount.

Right now he's on the phone with RCBS. Apparently the swager that he recently purchased could not hold up to his abuse. He swaged over 500 cases last night in my garage until the die was rendered useless.

GioaJack
10-20-2010, 11:15
:rofl:I did consider it as a spare.

But with the Oehler, the unit is separate from the screens, so my chances of shooting it are less:whistling:

El_Nin0619 and myself are working on a mobile tactical training course that we will be setting up in the local desert soon. You may come and train if you like, of course, we will give you a discount.

Right now he's on the phone with RCBS. Apparently the swager that he recently purchased could not hold up to his abuse. He swaged over 500 cases last night in my garage until the die was rendered useless.

I've used the same RCBS swager die for tens of thousands of military .45 and 5.56 brass for 40 years... the only way you can destroy one is either with explosives or a single digit IQ. :whistling:

Gonna teach me how to train, huh, young'un. May I be so bold as to point out that I'll be dead for three days and still be better at it than you guys are right now. :supergrin:

Jack

XDRoX
10-20-2010, 11:30
I didn't say we'd train you, we would just let you run around the course for half price. We would of course video you to learn.

You know the saying, so easy a caveman can do it? I think Justin took that too literally as he put caveman strength into swaging some of the brass. I'm lucky my 30 year old RCBS press survived. What happened was we somehow bent the rod. Looks like a banana now.:dancingbanana:We probably did it before your excellent instructions on how to use it.

What do you think of this idea? We hold a reloading class in my garage. We only charge $10 a person. When the people get there we teach them how to swage, trim, be-burr, and prime. Of course the class will be all hands on.

GioaJack
10-20-2010, 11:45
I didn't say we'd train you, we would just let you run around the course for half price. We would of course video you to learn.

You know the saying, so easy a caveman can do it? I think Justin took that too literally as he put caveman strength into swaging some of the brass. I'm lucky my 30 year old RCBS press survived. What happened was we somehow bent the rod. Looks like a banana now.:dancingbanana:We probably did it before your excellent instructions on how to use it.

What do you think of this idea? We hold a reloading class in my garage. We only charge $10 a person. When the people get there we teach them how to swage, trim, be-burr, and prime. Of course the class will be all hands on.

That's one reason right there why the two of you are not yet qualified to conduct a training course, you don't understand the basic concept... there is no running, that's why God invented rifles. Rookies, will they never learn?

I think passing on reloading knowledge is a wonderful idea, I offer the same 'hands on' program to attractive ladies in my, 'Discover Sexual Satisfaction You Never Dreamed About' classes. (They pay considerably more than $10 dollars and every one has agreed that they got way more BANG for their bucks than they expected.

I wonder, however, what kind of civil liability you would be opening yourself up to, especially if you're charging for the instruction. Might be a bit more prudent if you teamed up with a local gun shop, charge considerably more than $10, offer the shop a percentage of your revenues, advertise in the shop and operate under the umbrella of their insurance.

If the shop owner is a loader you better be able to answer every question he comes up with and dazzle him with your knowledge and experience. (If he calls me with the job offer you guys better get used to being waiters at Denny's. :whistling:)

Jack

EL_NinO619
10-20-2010, 11:51
:popcorn:

EL_NinO619
10-20-2010, 12:17
Chris is going to need body armor, and single digit IQ? Don't be mad i let out you secret about LEE. I already told you jack i am a stand up guy and one hell of a shot. To accidentally hit Chris i would have to be blind folding and distracted by one of your paid female friends. Chris as for charging him 1/2 price, come on you have seen all the equipment he has. I think he uses $100 bills for cleaning patches..

PCJim
10-20-2010, 12:26
I think he uses $100 bills for cleaning patches.. <!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

NOW, THATS a good one! :rofl:

GioaJack
10-20-2010, 15:26
NOW, THATS a good one! :rofl:

Don't encourage the newbs... they become surly. :miff:

Jack

XDRoX
10-20-2010, 15:42
I heard that the pictures Jack posts of his reloading room are fake. I heard this is what it really looks like:whistling:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Hammer100/2c9e4d85.jpg

GioaJack
10-20-2010, 15:49
That's ridiculous... I would never sit on a bare wooden stool, and I only shoot two legged vermin. (They charge too much to stuff 'em.)

Jack

EL_NinO619
10-20-2010, 16:23
I heard that the pictures Jack posts of his reloading room are fake. I heard this is what it really looks like:whistling:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y114/Hammer100/2c9e4d85.jpg

:wow:WoW

Jack RCBS told me i was not as ignorant as you think i am. They said it happens all the time and sent me a new one at no charge. But i think they where just amazed and a little scared by my pure swage monkey strength.:nsb:

GioaJack
10-20-2010, 16:55
Well I guess anyone who can screw up a solid metal ball with a rubber mallet can certainly destroy an indestructible swaging die.

Are you related to Zombie Steve?

Jack