realistic round per hour? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : realistic round per hour?

shotgunred
10-20-2010, 19:42
What type of press do you use (please note if you use a bullet feeder and or case feeder)and what is a realistic number of rounds you could do in 1 hour. Primer tubes loaded.

This is the first time I sat down and ran the press for 1 hour straight under a watch just to see my real round per hour count
Dillon 550 9mm. Six primer tubes pre-loaded.

I average 400 an hour if I go for the whole hour. I average 12 to 13 minutes per hundred plus time to put more primers in and empty the finished bin.

Boxerglocker
10-20-2010, 20:18
I can do 400 easily in 9mm on the SDB. My normal session with that one is 300 though in about 40 minutes, use the remaining 20 minutes to case gauge them all, random OAL check, primer seating check and mark, then box em up.
The XL650 I haven't loaded a 1000 yet in one sitting and doubt I ever will, 500-600 will probably be the magic number a session. So far 6 minutes a hundred seems to be the norm. At that rate if I can get in/out of the storage area where I have my gear with 500-600 rounds, checked and boxed in a hour and a half (including travel time) 3 or 4 times a month. I'm happy.

halfmoonclip
10-20-2010, 20:28
I got all hung up on speed when I first had the Dillon 550 (that's over 25 years ago...). Probably did 450 rounds/hour going flat out; your 400 is pretty impressive. I was used to single stage and double checking, and progressives aren't that way.

My counsel would be to slow down a little and avoid mistakes. Progressive presses are great, but they allow you to f#$@ up at the speed of sound.

Slow down, think what you are doing. I do a fairly relaxed four boxes (200 rds) of handgun ammo @ hour, and I'm mighty satisfied with that.
Moon

wilkersk
10-20-2010, 20:40
I do about 400 rounds/hr on my XL650 without an automatic feeder, including loading primer pickup tubes and filling the brass chute. Then, I check each round with a hand primer tool as I box them up. I've had just enough high-primer FTFs during matches to make me just that much more careful.

I know someone is gonna say, "tighten up your shell plate, (blah, blah, blah)." Believe me, I have farted around enough with it to come to the conclusion that its just worth the extra time to eyeball each and every round.

But then, I don't measure cartridge taper or COAL to the 1/1000th" ,or obsess over 1/100th grain weight powder charges. So, I guess I'm just an amatuer.

XDRoX
10-20-2010, 21:01
With primer tubes full, I can do 500 an hour on my 550b if I really haul ass. 400 an hour is a more comfortable pace.

Shotgunred, do you place the bullet in the shell on stage 2 or 3? You can speed up your routine if you place the bullet in stage 2. That's a Steve trick.

Boxerglocker
10-20-2010, 21:05
I know someone is gonna say, "tighten up your shell plate, (blah, blah, blah)." Believe me, I have farted around enough with it to come to the conclusion that its just worth the extra time to eyeball each and every round.

I wasn't... I eyeball every single primer myself.... especially match rounds.
One thing I would ask though is if you press is totally solid on you bench top? That seems to be the number one issue with improperly seated primers on the Dillon machines.

Colorado4Wheel
10-20-2010, 21:06
I'm to ADHD to load for a solid hour. It's pretty easy to load about 300 rds in 30 mins give or take a little. Then I move on to something else. Size some bullets. BS on the net, whatever will wake my brain up.

El_Ron1
10-20-2010, 21:08
Don't outrun your squib rod.

PCJim
10-20-2010, 21:40
On the 550b, a very comfortable 250-350 per hour of 9mm, a bit faster in 40 & 45 as the larger bullets are easier to handle/place. This time includes filling primer tubes and the primer feed tube.

As others have stated, do not get caught up on speed. Reload at a comfortable rate that will insure you are watching your steps and not becomming distracted.

M1A Shooter
10-20-2010, 21:51
i timed myself once and got 100 rounds of 45acp done on my lee single stage. i primed them with a handheld rcbs universal primer tool as the second stage after sizing them. may have been faster with the lee primer but i dont like it too much.

vtducrider
10-20-2010, 21:53
300-400 per hour on the 550. I stop and check the OAL, case gauge, primer seating every 20 rounds or so. I also don't pre-load primer tubes. I don't want to rush through just to get more rounds out. I want to give myself time to enjoy it.

fredj338
10-20-2010, 22:35
On my 550B, 450rds/hr sustained is comfortable. I can load 100 in about 10min, but that just isn't sustainable over an hour or more. I haven't gotten a case feeder for the 650 yet, so I'll hold off trying to time that one, but I'ld expect 800/hr would be feasable.

freakshow10mm
10-20-2010, 22:56
I only load pistol ammo and always have preloaded primer tubes. For actual press operating times:

550: 500rds per hour depending on brass
1050: 1,000rds per hour

No bullet feeders yet. Case feeder on 1050 set to "low" speed. Swaging station utilized (9mm).

For the 550, as raise the ram my left hand grabs a bullet. As I seat the primer on the forward push, I visually verify the powder charge and seat a bullet on it, then index the shellplate as my right hand grabs another case and places it at station 1. Repeat.

For the 1050, I pull the handle and set the bullet at station 7 after looking in the case for powder charge at station 6 and station 7 (I watch it come around).

chris in va
10-20-2010, 23:07
Lee Hand Press. I measure it in hours per round.:whistling:

ron59
10-21-2010, 04:52
I have a 550B, and have timed myself multiple times doing 100 rounds in 10 minutes. But I'm like Steve... don't really think I can keep that up for a full hour.

I usually will load 300 per sitting, and I usually get that done right around the 30 minute mark. That works for me. I never "get ahead" and have ammo stored up, I load it as I need it.

If I had a case feeder, I think my time would be something like 8 minutes per 100 (less?). I have to let go of the handle, look at the brass "pile" and grab one and place it, then look at the bullet pile and grab one and place it, then REGRAB the handle and pull. If it was just a matter of pulling handle, placing bullet and going again... yeah, a lot faster.

A 650/1050 is in my future for sure, but that's a money thing right now.

Colorado4Wheel
10-21-2010, 06:27
I got behind on ammo for a little while. I dedicated myself to loading 30 mins a day 5 days a week. In two weeks I had so much ammo I didn't need to load for a while. I am nearly out again. I haven't shot much in the last two weeks, haven't loaded at all (been exhausted). But I am done with some pysical labor after today. Back to loading 20-30 mins a day for a little while and casting again. I find a hour is more then I can take for my attention and energy. I can load 100rds in 8 mins with out a casefeeder. So 10mins per 100 with preloaded tubes is not hard. I don't think I have every just sat at the handle for a hour and loaded. I have spent hours at my bench loading and doing a bunch of different things, but not just a solid hour pulling the handle and nothing else. I get bored.

GMAN12
10-21-2010, 06:30
I have a Lee Clasic Turret, and I can load right around 150/hr.

halfmoonclip
10-21-2010, 06:51
Shotgunred, do you place the bullet in the shell on stage 2 or 3? You can speed up your routine if you place the bullet in stage 2. That's a Steve trick.

Loading a double charge of powder has always been a concern of mine on the 550. It's been my habit to always advance the shell plate as soon as I charge the case, so that the charged case is on #3. I like the notion of putting a bullet on the casing immediately, and I'll try that if I can break muscle memory reaching back a quarter century.

Now if I get a primer draw-thru', I remove the charged case from #2 and run the case-with-hung-primer back thru' #1. Primer draw-thru's disrupt my rhythm more than anything. I used to dump it and recharge, but sometimes it takes a couple strokes to shake loose the d#%& primer.

My press is mounted flat on the bench, but I've engineered rails on the benchface to enable mounting Akro-bins for bullets (210-7, small, left of press), expelled loaded cases(30-220, regular, right), and brass(210-7, right of the 220), all at 90* to the benchface. It reduces my hand movements and reach, as they are down low and closer to me and the press .

I never do anything but load when I load; no BSing on the phone, no TV, maybe Pandora for background noise.
Moon

ustate
10-21-2010, 06:51
I don't rush anything but usually do around 300 per hour on my 550. I can do as many as 500 or so per hour if needed but usually I'm not in that much of a rush so just take it slow.

IndyGunFreak
10-21-2010, 06:56
I have a Lee Clasic Turret, and I can load right around 150/hr.

Yup.. I find my "comfort zone" is right in the 165-175 per hour range... If I rushed I'm sure I could hit 200, maybe a bit more... but I'm not in that big of a hurry.

IGF

ruger rcm
10-21-2010, 07:03
L-N-L AP, I get 200-300/hr, only been loading for a year and only one squib. KNOCK ON WOOD.....

Colorado4Wheel
10-21-2010, 07:08
Loading a double charge of powder has always been a concern of mine on the 550. It's been my habit to always advance the shell plate as soon as I charge the case, so that the charged case is on #3. I like the notion of putting a bullet on the casing immediately, and I'll try that if I can break muscle memory reaching back a quarter century.

Now if I get a primer draw-thru', I remove the charged case from #2 and run the case-with-hung-primer back thru' #1. Primer draw-thru's disrupt my rhythm more than anything. I used to dump it and recharge, but sometimes it takes a couple strokes to shake loose the d#%& primer.

My press is mounted flat on the bench, but I've engineered rails on the benchface to enable mounting Akro-bins for bullets (210-7, small, left of press), expelled loaded cases(30-220, regular, right), and brass(210-7, right of the 220), all at 90* to the benchface. It reduces my hand movements and reach, as they are down low and closer to me and the press .

I never do anything but load when I load; no BSing on the phone, no TV, maybe Pandora for background noise.
Moon

I agree. It would be a hard habit to break. I do prefer grabing the bullet before I index, then I can place the bullet and index with a empty hand. Placing the bullet right checking for powder visually is a nice bonus.
Like you I think having your cases and bullets in the right spot is critical. I have even found the perfect case bin. It's loose on my bench, I can shake it and the cases right themselves, I can turn it to get the back ones in the front and easier to grab.

MrOldLude
10-21-2010, 07:13
Single stage....It probably doesn't help that I take my time. I probably average 60-80 per hour. Likely less, since I watch a movie, and and take extra time to inspect each operation.

freakshow10mm
10-21-2010, 07:55
A 650/1050 is in my future for sure, but that's a money thing right now.
Just remember Dillon has the payment plan on the 1050. They divide it up into 3 equal payments and put the shipping charge on the first payment.

Jumper
10-21-2010, 07:57
My LnL AP has a case feeder and a bullet feeder. The limiting factor for me on this setup is how fast I can fill primer tubes. Cases and bullets just get dumped in the feed hoppers. In a half hour I loaded about 300 .223 rounds last night working at a casual pace. But, the cases were already re-sized and trimmed which takes almost as much processing time as it does to load them. I really love the bullet feeder! It eliminates the slowest and most tedious task of reloading.

jmorris
10-21-2010, 08:16
I have “loaded” 100 in 2 minutes and 30 seconds before below is video of that speed, using a 1050 with bullet feeder. Primer tubes are no big deal because the Dillon filler, fills the tube faster than I can load 100 rounds. It would obviously take a little longer than 25 minutes for 1000 as you have to fill the primer tube then the primer filler and hit the button before resuming loading and add powder if loading rifle. I came in at 27 minutes/1000 one time but generally poke along slower than that.

Picking up the brass, sorting it, cleaning it, annealing it (rifle), roll size it (pistol), size and trim it (rifle) all add significantly to the time it takes to remanufacture a round but actually loading it is really pretty quick.

Here is the video http://s121.photobucket.com/albums/o213/jmorrismetal/?action=view&current=1050.mp4

Boxerglocker
10-21-2010, 08:34
jmorris

How fast do you think you could load on that SDB of yours if you got that set up to load with that casefeeder you built?

jmorris
10-21-2010, 08:55
I guess it would be just as fast as a 650 with case feeder but you couldn't add a bullet feeder.

I remember back when the SD first came out, my brother and I went 50/50 on the $130 Dillon was asking for them at the time. With him as case feed and handle operator and me standing in as bullet feeder we could load 500 in under an hour. Only a few mashed fingers before a reassignment request by me and a promise “to take it easy”, streamlined the process. That’s all the bullets we could afford at one time, have to go all week without ice cream and skip the movies to be able to afford the $10.50/500 cast bullets. Ahh, the good old days, wish he were still here.

shotgunred
10-21-2010, 14:46
I got all hung up on speed when I first had the Dillon 550 (that's over 25 years ago...). Probably did 450 rounds/hour going flat out; your 400 is pretty impressive. I was used to single stage and double checking, and progressives aren't that way.

My counsel would be to slow down a little and avoid mistakes. Progressive presses are great, but they allow you to f#$@ up at the speed of sound.

Slow down, think what you are doing. I do a fairly relaxed four boxes (200 rds) of handgun ammo @ hour, and I'm mighty satisfied with that.
Moon
400 is my normal rate. Counting a few primer oops and an occasional brass feed issue. Going faster than that would be for short burst. I just got around to timing it to see what it was. I learned a long time ago when i was a landscaper you have to set apace that you can do all day. I was just curious as to people real output compared to advertised output. While output is not the highest priority in reloading it does have some importance. Most of my reloading time lately has come out of my sleep time. My normal day is sleeping then working and then watching my daughter until bed time. A four year old and reloading are not Mutually compatible.

Just remember Dillon has the payment plan on the 1050. They divide it up into 3 equal payments and put the shipping charge on the first payment.

If it was a six month plan I would order one today.

PCJim
10-21-2010, 16:07
If it was a six month plan I would order one today.

Start setting aside your monthly payments. Wait until the third month to order and you'll have it. (Sorry, the accountant lurking in me speaks out again...)

GioaJack
10-21-2010, 16:11
Start setting aside your monthly payments. Wait until the third month to order and you'll have it. (Sorry, the accountant lurking in me speaks out again...)

Enabler. :whistling:

Jack

Boxerglocker
10-21-2010, 16:42

Wonder what the shipping charge is? Do you get the freebie bullet tray if you buy directly from Dillon as when you go with Brian Enos and the free shipping too.

PastorDan
10-21-2010, 17:11
Well I don't know if I have actually loaded for an hour (there is no clock in my shed) but on my Lyman single stage I would guess maybe 40-50 an hour. I take my time, I am still concerned that one of these days I could blow myself up so I am take extra care.

GioaJack
10-21-2010, 17:11
The 1050 comes with the normal blue bin, (just like the bullet collection bin on a 550/650).

I comes with a bracket that fits between the case feeder and press but puts it to the rear of the machine... kinda awkward to reach into.

The metal bullet tray, while not holding as many bullets, not a big deal does not use that bracket but rather utilizes a different design bracket that puts the tray forward of the case feeder frame... much more convenient.

Enos throws that in, ($40) along with free shipping. The machine comes in two boxes, one very light, just a few pounds, the other one approximately 70 pounds and specifically designed to induce heart attacks.

Don't know exactly what the shipping would be for the two boxes but I would suspect it would be in the $35-$50 range... not including $900 ambulance fees and insurance co-pay. :crying:

Jack

WiskyT
10-21-2010, 17:23
I can do 100 rounds on my Lee1000 in twenty minutes, but I don't know if I could do 300 in an hour. The Lee primer tray is much easier to load than Dillon tubes, but neither is much of a concern for me.

I haven't loaded enough with my 650 yet to figure out how fast it is. It is definately faster than the Lee, both using case feeders and no bullet feeders. What I can't figure out is why the 650, or any machine, is faster than another. One pull, one round. I loaded about 150 on the 650 and while I wasn't timing it, and I was taking my sweet time since it was the first time using it, it definately took less than the 30 minutes it would have on the Lee1000.

sicbstrd
10-21-2010, 23:11
single stage rcbs loading .38/.357 mag and .45 acp is about 50 rds in 1 hr.

With my LEE turret press i load 380, 9mm & 40 at about 100 to 150 per hour depending my mood. i generally load on the slow side doing lots of QC checks along the way. Im very comfortable these speeds.

Boxerglocker
10-21-2010, 23:24
Yup.. I find my "comfort zone" is right in the 165-175 per hour range... If I rushed I'm sure I could hit 200, maybe a bit more... but I'm not in that big of a hurry.

IGF

I thought you had a XL650? :dunno:

kopsy
10-22-2010, 00:51
Hmmm... well I am a lot slower than people posting above. I am also a newb when it comes to reloading since I have only reloaded 3000 cartridges.

I do 100 per hour on a Lee Load Master Progressive press. That includes filling the brass tubes, filling the primer tray, measuring powder output for the day, visually checking every single brass as it goes by for correct powder amount, checking every single round in a case gage, random checking of OAL, marking the ones that pass, putting them in bullet trays and boxing them, marking the boxes with with info about the reloaded cartridges, and cleaning up the station.

I usually go out and spend an hour and have another 100 I can go shoot.

freakshow10mm
10-22-2010, 01:04
Wonder what the shipping charge is?
Want to say it's $40. It's been a year and the invoice is with 2009's tax stuff.

Do you get the freebie bullet tray if you buy directly from Dillon as when you go with Brian Enos and the free shipping too.
No.

ColdShot
10-22-2010, 04:26
With my old Lee Classic Turret I would knockout 100 rounds an hour,my arm would go numb from the 400 pulls.....

With my 550B my arm moves the same amount of pulls except I have 300 more bullets completed per hour than I did previously

LOL

coachg
10-22-2010, 05:31
Lee LoadMaster with case feeder gets me between 300-350 per hour working at a nice steady pace.

halfmoonclip
10-22-2010, 06:30
Then, of course, Murphy raises his ugly head with my normally trouble-free 550. Already mentioned the primer draw-thru' problem, which comes and goes. It was worst in 9mm, and they sent me a decapping die with a spring load on the pin that was to bounce the primer off. It usually works. Why it is intermittent with the same primers, loads and brass I can't imagine.

Last night the primer shuttle went on an intermittent short-stroke strike that about drove me nuts, and I hate when I get distracted, as that is when bad s$%t will happen.

Gotta give Dillon a call today and see if they have revised the primer shuttle once again. Primers are always a pain.
Moon

PCJim
10-22-2010, 10:49
Last night the primer shuttle went on an intermittent short-stroke strike that about drove me nuts, and I hate when I get distracted, as that is when bad s$%t will happen.
Moon

Check to see whether a deprimed primer missed it's channel and landed on top of the primer shuttle bar. It prevents the shuttle from moving back far enough to pick up the fresh primer. I have had a rare experience of this on my 550b. Five minutes max to clean the area with either an old paint brush, compressed air or a full disassembly and wipe down and you're back in business.

RustyFN
10-22-2010, 12:07

IGF

Same here. Lee classic turret around 170 per hour. I could load 200 at a safe pace but like to load at a relaxed comfortable pace.

Boxerglocker
10-22-2010, 12:30
Check to see whether a deprimed primer missed it's channel and landed on top of the primer shuttle bar. It prevents the shuttle from moving back far enough to pick up the fresh primer. I have had a rare experience of this on my 550b. Five minutes max to clean the area with either an old paint brush, compressed air or a full disassembly and wipe down and you're back in business.

+1 The SDB primer shuttle does someting similar once in a while. I disassemble and clean is with alcohol, then sparingly lube with LPS 1 or any other dry silicone lube, just spray or apply sparingly to a clean rag and wipe is on the derlin shuttle. I found it makes a huge difference.

themighty9mm
10-22-2010, 13:12
I have a 550 I still consider myself a noob to loading, having only loaded 4k 9mm and 21 rounds of 38 (test rounds for tomorrow) Cases in a bin on my right, bullets in a bin on my left. I average about 200-300 an hour. I did try my hand at going faster for about 30-40 min. In that time period I got 300 round. So I dont think 500 rounds an hour is not feasable. For now though I am just enjoying it. Taking my time maybe a little radio music in the backround.

IndyGunFreak
10-22-2010, 13:37
I thought you had a XL650? :dunno:

Noooo... Not yet... A friend gave me the video to it a while ago, but I've not jumped on the bandwagon yet...

I have this problem, I'm cheap.. :). Right now, my LCT works just fine(even though I'm a bit on the outside of what some may consider practical for an LCT)... I'm hoping to be shooting considerably more next year, so I'll probably upgrade early next year.

IGF

fredj338
10-22-2010, 14:40
:supergrin:Then, of course, Murphy raises his ugly head with my normally trouble-free 550. Already mentioned the primer draw-thru' problem, which comes and goes. It was worst in 9mm, and they sent me a decapping die with a spring load on the pin that was to bounce the primer off. It usually works. Why it is intermittent with the same primers, loads and brass I can't imagine.

Gotta give Dillon a call today and see if they have revised the primer shuttle once again. Primers are always a pain.
Moon
Yep, the weakest link in the 550B is the primer assembly. Keep it clean, I use a can of air or compressor every 100. They have revised the sliding arm itself several times, upgrading that helps. I have also bent the return a bit to push the arm all the way back. That is a last resort, but does make it almost 100%. I like the 650 priming system much better. It doesn't stick, at least not yet.

shotgunred
10-22-2010, 15:21
The last time I cleaned the priming system I covered all the surfaces that touch each other with a pencil. So far 600 primers and no problems. This is a record for me.

PastorDan
10-22-2010, 18:11
Confirmed it today - 50 Rounds/hour of 9mm on my Lyman single stage

ron59
10-23-2010, 09:01

I usually shoot 500 rounds in practice a week (two 250-round sessions).

Let's see... that would take TEN HOURS of reloading to do, on your press?

Eeeks.

SDGlock23
10-23-2010, 09:50
Not going crazy, but going pretty steady, it takes me about 10 minutes to do 50 rounds on my Dillon 550B. Thats what, 300rds/hr? I could go faster, but that's just casually doing it.

byf43
10-23-2010, 10:15
Usually, I take my time reloading.

The only time I've ever 'timed' myself, was after returning from vacation and needed ammo for the weekend's shooting.

On my Dillon RL-550B, I did 350 rounds in one hour.

dudel
10-23-2010, 15:06
When did it become a race? Slow down and smell the bore cleaner. I reload to relax.

ron59
10-23-2010, 15:57
When did it become a race? Slow down and smell the bore cleaner. I reload to relax.

I don't look at it as being a "race". While I actually *do* enjoy reloading, I just don't have tons of time to spend doing it. Chores around the house, family time, RELAXING time... Shooting is my hobby, not reloading. I reload to save money (or at least let me shoot more bullets for the same amount of money if I *wasn't* reloading).

My goal is shooting 500 rounds per week. If I can sit at the press for 1 hour (instead of TEN) to produce those 500... I'm all about that.

shotgunred
10-23-2010, 19:18

When your choice is to reload or sleep like mine is a lot you might have a different point of view.
Tinkering with rounds is interesting. Trying different things is interesting. Trying to find the best solution for a particular issue is interesting.

Just sitting there churning out hundreds of rounds is not.

I reload to shoot!

Bob2223
10-23-2010, 20:34

I agree,
600 rounds an hour isnt hard with a case feeder but I probabley average 4-500 an hour?
I seldom do more then 2-300 at a time anyway and dont get in a big :eric: hurry.

Bob

fredj338
10-24-2010, 01:17
I agree,
600 rounds an hour isnt hard with a case feeder but I probabley average 4-500 an hour?
I seldom do more then 2-300 at a time anyway and dont get in a big :eric: hurry.

Bob
HA! Easy to say for a guy that rakes leaves w/ a tractor!:rofl: I just went out & dotted off 100rds in 12min on the 650, no case feeder yet. That included checking the powder measure & filling a primer tube.:dunno:

Bob2223
10-24-2010, 08:31
HA! Easy to say for a guy that rakes leaves w/ a tractor!:rofl: I just went out & dotted off 100rds in 12min on the 650, no case feeder yet. That included checking the powder measure & filling a primer tube.:dunno:

Your just jealous cause their's only one tree in your neighborhood. :yawn:

You should get that case feeder!

Bob

fredj338
10-24-2010, 15:17

Bob
Now, not true, there are many trees, just three that have leaves, all in my yard.:tongueout:
Yeh, the case feeder will happen, but I had to buy a new handgun transport case for my trip. The one I have is not TSA legal. Of course that means & have to have a new luggage piece to put it in.:crying:

robin303
10-24-2010, 16:19

Thats what I get on my Lee SS. Fine with me being a flatlander and all.:supergrin:

GioaJack
10-24-2010, 17:46

Bob

Fred:

Don't let bob2223 make sport of ya, if you need trees I've got a couple I can send ya... of course you're gonna have to transplant them, and give 'em CPR. :whistling:

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss114/GioaJack/IMG_4349.jpg?1287963802

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss114/GioaJack/IMG_4350.jpg?1287963889

This is either winter heat... or another heart attack waiting to happen. :dunno:

Jack

WiskyT
10-24-2010, 17:55
Actually, if that proposition passes, Fred's going to have to start growing pot on his property. If he doesn't, some squatter will.

Colorado4Wheel
10-24-2010, 18:03
I actually think if you have a lot of ammo to load and not a lot of time to load your better off doing 20-30 min sessions 5 days a week rather then longer sessions once or twice a week.

shotgunred
10-24-2010, 18:03
What possible use could Fred have with trees? It doesn't get cold enough there to use a wood stove. Even if it did I am sure using a wood stove would be illegal.

Bob2223
10-24-2010, 18:49
Fred was makin fun of me for using a tractor to pick up leaves but I think we get a few more!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/BobMKIII/100_3078.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/BobMKIII/100_3085.jpg

Jack you call them trees?
We use that size for fence post ,,:upeyes:

Bob :supergrin:

GioaJack
10-24-2010, 19:01
Our trees don't need to be big... they start out almost 9000 feet higher. :whistling:

Jack

shotgunred
10-24-2010, 19:18
Fred was makin fun of me for using a tractor to pick up leaves but I think we get a few more!

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/BobMKIII/100_3078.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/BobMKIII/100_3085.jpg

Jack you call them trees?
We use that size for fence post ,,:upeyes:

Bob :supergrin:

Hate to be the one to point it out to you city boys but that is not a tractor. That is a lawn mower.

Bob2223
10-24-2010, 19:20
Our trees don't need to be big... they start out almost 9000 feet higher. :whistling:

Jack

As Pete would say

"that dont make no since"

Bob

Bob2223
10-24-2010, 19:36
Hate to be the one to point it out to you city boys but that is not a tractor. That is a lawn mower.

City boyz ?
:rofl:

To stay on topic I'm tumbling 45 brass. :whistling:

Bob

GioaJack
10-24-2010, 19:38

Shotgun, don't make him feel bad... he thinks those things walking around are eagles. :whistling:

Jack

Bob2223
10-24-2010, 19:44
Shotgun, don't make him feel bad... he thinks those things walking around are eagles. :whistling:

Jack

I aint never postin here again!

Bello
10-24-2010, 20:04
Fred:

Don't let bob2223 make sport of ya, if you need trees I've got a couple I can send ya... of course you're gonna have to transplant them, and give 'em CPR. :whistling:

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss114/GioaJack/IMG_4349.jpg?1287963802

http://i567.photobucket.com/albums/ss114/GioaJack/IMG_4350.jpg?1287963889

This is either winter heat... or another heart attack waiting to happen. :dunno:

re

Jack

reminds me of that spot in the xmen: wolverine movie http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/images/smilies/tongue%20out.gif

GioaJack
10-24-2010, 20:12
I aint never postin here again!

I'm glad I lived long enough to hear that promise... what's next, hell's gonna freeze over.

Oh, to keep it on topic, I'm not loading anything nor do I plan to anytime tonight.

Jack

Boxerglocker
10-24-2010, 20:15
Damm... you guys... talk about off topic! :popcorn:

GioaJack
10-24-2010, 20:26
Damm... you guys... talk about off topic! :popcorn:

You want topic, okay I'll give ya topic. I shot a whole bunch of rounds today that I loaded on my...

Hated to do that to ya but you were beggin' for it. :supergrin:

(It's nice but it ain't worth the money over a LNL/650.)

Jack

shotgunred
10-24-2010, 20:40
And I purchased new calipers today so I could start to reload again.:cool:

GioaJack
10-24-2010, 20:45
And I purchased new calipers today so I could start to reload again.:cool:

Did you solicit Little Stevie's advice first... he is the expert on all things involving measurements. :supergrin:

Jack

Boxerglocker
10-24-2010, 21:18
You want topic, okay I'll give ya topic. I shot a whole bunch of rounds today that I loaded on my...

Hated to do that to ya but you were beggin' for it. :supergrin:

(It's nice but it ain't worth the money over a LNL/650.)

Jack

Man there you go again, making me second guess my 650 purchase.... yeah I guess I wanna be like Jack....:upeyes:

GioaJack
10-24-2010, 21:24
No ya don't... trust me.

Jack

fredj338
10-24-2010, 22:13
For a city boy in SoCal, a lawn mower speaks spanish. My yard is so small, I don't even have grass. With my old eyes, I thought Bob was towing that mulcher w/ a small tractor. It is a JD isn't it, don't they make tractors?

Bello
10-25-2010, 04:04
Man there you go again, making me second guess my 650 purchase.... yeah I guess I wanna be like Jack....:upeyes:

like walkin around with a oxygen tank? :rofl:

Bello
10-25-2010, 04:05
For a city boy in SoCal, a lawn mower speaks spanish. My yard is so small, I don't even have grass. With my old eyes, I thought Bob was towing that mulcher w/ a small tractor. It is a JD isn't it, don't they make tractors?

hey fred is your lawn mower el nino :rofl:

fredj338
10-25-2010, 12:19
hey fred is your lawn mower el nino :rofl:
I have three boys, so my lawn mowers worked cheap. Now I do my own, but it's all of 1000sqft.:wow: I don't need no stinking tractor/riding mower/el-nino.:tongueout:

ron59
10-25-2010, 13:15
I DO have to *mow* with a tractor.
http://rons-web.com/Photo/Snaps/Tractor3.jpg

We own 5.5 acres, and I mow probably 3.5 of it. I did it the first few years with a riding lawnmower, but I was wearing myself and the riding lawnmower out. So got this Massey Ferguson with a 6' (wide) Grooming Mower. Get it done a LOT faster, plus the loader on front is certainly nice to have !

fredj338
10-25-2010, 13:27

We own 5.5 acres, and I mow probably 3.5 of it. I did it the first few years with a riding lawnmower, but I was wearing myself and the riding lawnmower out. So got this Massey Ferguson with a 6' (wide) Grooming Mower. Get it done a LOT faster, plus the loader on front is certainly nice to have !
Even this city boy knows that is a tractor!:supergrin:

halfmoonclip
10-25-2010, 15:37

Yeah, know that trick, and I lube the primer shuttle with graphite, which helps.
After every session, I wipe everything down, lube the ram and toggle joints, and give the primer shuttle a little dose of graphite. It is challenging to keep the oil on the ram away from the primer shuttle. Normally a little oil drips out the bottom of the press from the lube job, tho' I don't really wet things down.

Called Dillon, and a third generation of the shuttle is on its way. Dillon's customer service is usually first class.

I agree with another poster who finds reloading relaxing, assuming Murphy stays the hell out of my shop.
Moon

Bob2223
10-25-2010, 15:56

That aint right we have 10 acres and a 5 ft deck ! :upeyes:

Man, that sure is a nice lawn mower Ron! :thumbsup:

Bob

Oh, I loaded 100 185 gn 45 XTP's and 100 185 gn Golden Sabers today with VV N-320

GioaJack
10-25-2010, 16:04

If you're hayin' your fields what are you doing with a brush hog? :dunno:

Jack

dudel
10-25-2010, 17:28
I actually think if you have a lot of ammo to load and not a lot of time to load your better off doing 20-30 min sessions 5 days a week rather then longer sessions once or twice a week.

Big +1. No need to do marathon sessions if you plan ahead and keep a good supply.

ron59
10-25-2010, 19:54
If you're hayin' your fields what are you doing with a brush hog? :dunno:

Jack

You got good eyes, Jack!

That wasn't my hay bale. My land abuts my neighbor's land (we're good friends), and I wanted a picture of the tractor out in the field... that hay bale was right near the property line. I used to really be into photography, so I tend to "think" about my pics... thought the bale might add a little *farm* flavor to the pic.

GioaJack
10-25-2010, 20:04
I'm very particular about my pictures too, I'd have rolled the hay out of the way and had a bunch of naked women sitting on the tractor... of course I probably wouldn't have bothered with the tractor to begin with.

Jack