Knoxx or Limbsaver [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Knoxx or Limbsaver

CBennett
10-21-2010, 16:24
I would like to get a recoil reducing stock for my Remington 870(its just got a stock stock on it now) to make shooting it at the range a bit more enjoyable/bearable. I dont really have a preference to pistolgrip or regular stock..so what do you guys think for a 870...im normally shooting 00 buck or #4 buck.

byf43
10-21-2010, 17:07
I've got both and use both.

I'm 'old school', though.
While I can see some advantages to the pistol-gripped stocks (and have a few), personally, I prefer a 'conventional' stock configuration. It's just more comfortable, to me.

I've got Limbsaver pads on a couple of shotguns and rifles.
They work as advertised!

In fact, the 870 that I 'set-up' for my daughter has a Knoxx SpecOps stock on it, and it has a thin Limbsaver pad on it, from the factory!!!

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a366/byf43/Shotgun%20pics/Erins8701.jpg

Ride5C2
10-22-2010, 08:34
I'm all about the limbsaver, very perceptible difference in recoil (930 spx)

CBennett
10-22-2010, 16:25
I'm all about the limbsaver, very perceptible difference in recoil (930 spx)

I just wondered...ive never shot either the Knoxx or the Limbsaver...just the stock thin rubber recoil pads that came stock on shotguns...I figured this Christmas would be a good time to buy some weapon accessories...so im getting the BP-02 low mount for my AK74 to mount a red dot and wanted to get some kind of recoil reducer for the shotgun and those 2 seemed the most "obvious" choices.

Donzi Gt250
11-20-2010, 13:29
I have a 870 HD with the Knoxx and I really like the pistol grip and the recoil reduction. But this only works well with proper basic technique.

Scattergun1187
11-21-2010, 07:54
Knoxx SpecOps hands down, but that's just my HO. Use what fits your needs and go from there. I have the Knoxx Specops on both my Wilson Combat Remington 870's. Do some research and then choose.

BBJones
11-21-2010, 08:59
I prefer traditional stocks on pump actions. For an auto's I tend to prefer pistol grips. If you have not tried a pistol grip on a pump before, you might want to try it before you buy.

JFrame
11-21-2010, 09:00
One thing I like about the Knoxx SpecOps stock is that the recoil-reducing spring in the grip works great even without the additional reduction of the spring in the shoulder stock. I could fire buckshot and slugs all day long, with impunity, just holding the grip and without the stock braced to the shoulder.

Boxerglocker
11-22-2010, 00:30
If you prefer the traditional I would say go with the LImbsaver or Supercell if you want to save even more.... I'm no expert but have about 1200 + tthrough my relatively new 870 tactical. Firstly proper taught and executed shooting technique made a huge difference in perceived recoil reducetion for me about 30-40%.... the the addition of the supercell reduced it even more.... toatl about 60%
I just ran a hundred rounds in a informal range practice with some friends today. Had a great time and no adverse physical affects on me at all... some of the guys I was with were quiting after 50-60 and they had Knoxx stocks.

-gunut-
11-22-2010, 04:35
I would get the limbsaver. I have not been impressed with the Knox stock. I didn't like the flex and it would pinch me at times. Besides that, the springs do break occasionally. I prefer the shotgun not move around on me while I am shooting. With a good recoil pad a high amount of slugs and buck are no problem. There is also the price savings going with a good recoil pad.

BigDaddyK
11-22-2010, 05:15
I had an 870 with the Knoxx and it was great. It seemed to help a lot. 3" slugs were no problem. I went from that to a Saiga 12 and there was a world of difference. Personally, I like a pistol grip more. It feels like a more natural grip angle and gives me better control.