Two new G37 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Two new G37

drdirk
10-21-2010, 17:36
So I finally pulled the GAP trigger and ordered from Bud's gun shop not just one but TWO Glock 37 for a price of 379 each. They are OD and brand new with a built date of Nov 09. Incidentially this was also the first time I had ever ordered from the internet. Process was good on the Buds side but I should have done more homework on the receiving FLL. Had them sent to a shop I had bought from before and used their range in the past. Ended up costing me more than I thought for the transfer but overall still a good deal as far as I can tell.

So as soon as the paperwork was done I shoot one at the range. Turned out to be some of the best Glock shooting I have ever done! 50 rounds at round 20 yards "in the black". Don't know why but for some reason the 45 gap to me is a very soft shooting and smooth platform. Just felt good and no comparison to the .40.

David_Ely
10-21-2010, 20:49
What ammo were you using? I've been holding out for a Gen4 G37 to go with my EDC 3rd Gen G38.

yesitsloaded
10-21-2010, 21:31
What ammo were you using? I've been holding out for a Gen4 G37 to go with my EDC 3rd Gen G38.

IIRK, Ed's Public Safety have a few Gen4 G37's on the shelves.

http://www.edspublicsafety.com/

$15 next day shipping to your FFL (maybe try a different one this time - LOL) and all my purchase experiences with them have been an absolute pleasure. Great people; great prices and top notch service - not to forget, they're usually the first to get any newly released Glock to boot.

I've got my salesperson at Ed's cell phone number on my speed dial - he asked me to put it in so I can call with any issue/question/request.

DannyR
10-22-2010, 05:06
I've been telling folks since September 2003 how amazingly accurate the GAP pistols are. Proof is in the shooting.

yesitsloaded
10-22-2010, 06:09
I've been telling folks since September 2003 how amazingly accurate the GAP pistols are. Proof is in the shooting.

Holding my NIB 39 in my hands and awaiting delivery of my Gun Broker purchased NIB 38 (couldn't wait for the Gen4 - watch, it'll be released today).

drdirk
10-22-2010, 07:21
Guys, it is almost magic shooting Gap over .40. The recoil just feels different and it is very easy to get the gun back on target for follow on shots. I am an ok but not a great shot and usually it takes me some time to get used to a gun. After I picked up my G37 I put the target somewhere around 20 to 25 yards and started firing. No problem putting 49 of 50 in the black! Amazing.

Usually I shoot my 1911 pretty well but my Glocks never seemed to feel as good to me. Except this G37. And at 379 a piece from Buds I had to get two, one to shoot, one to keep (for now).

drdirk
10-22-2010, 07:27
And as far as the holster, I bought on ebay a Serpa CQC carbon for about 50% less than retail from a private seller. After having been a leather guy for 25 years I have to say this thing is great. Smooth, love the button. I am not one to change easily and for 20 years the only holsters I would wear were the simple clip on OWB holster made by Sickinger in Austria, but this Blackhawk is pretty amazing.

Slug71
10-22-2010, 09:21
Congrats on the pistols. Glad you like it. Nice shooting too!

Slug71
10-22-2010, 09:24
(couldn't wait for the Gen4 - watch, it'll be released today).

Dont say that, I'll be in SOOOOOO much trouble today if that happens.

What? Me worry?
10-25-2010, 20:08
I ordered one of those OD Glock 37s from Bud's today too for $379. At that price, how can you go wrong? :wow:

Besides...as a proud Glock owner for almost 20 years (bought my first - a G22 - in 1991) I think the .45 G.A.P. is a necessary weapon for the Glock entusiast. I mean...think about it. Glock more or less built this gun and this cartridge. And the OD green may have been started by someone else, but it was Glock that made it popular.

I should get mine by the end of this week (crossing fingers) I can hardly wait! :dancingbanana:

yesitsloaded
10-25-2010, 21:14
Guys, it is almost magic shooting Gap over .40. The recoil just feels different and it is very easy to get the gun back on target for follow on shots. I am an ok but not a great shot and usually it takes me some time to get used to a gun. After I picked up my G37 I put the target somewhere around 20 to 25 yards and started firing. No problem putting 49 of 50 in the black! Amazing.

Usually I shoot my 1911 pretty well but my Glocks never seemed to feel as good to me. Except this G37. And at 379 a piece from Buds I had to get two, one to shoot, one to keep (for now).

I agree - congrats on the twins BTW.

Dont say that, I'll be in SOOOOOO much trouble today if that happens.

LOL - forgot to tell mention that I'm the guy who crosses 5 lanes of traffic at the toll booth to get to the lane with only one car in it - when I pull up, of course, the old bitty is counting out pennies into the toll collectors hand. I'm ginxed - so not to worry Slug ... now that I mentioned it ... the Gen4 38 will likely be discontinued :shocked:

I ordered one of those OD Glock 37s from Bud's today too for $379. At that price, how can you go wrong? :wow:

Besides...as a proud Glock owner for almost 20 years (bought my first - a G22 - in 1991) I think the .45 G.A.P. is a necessary weapon for the Glock entusiast. I mean...think about it. Glock more or less built this gun and this cartridge. And the OD green may have been started by someone else, but it was Glock that made it popular.

I should get mine by the end of this week (crossing fingers) I can hardly wait! :dancingbanana:

Never thought of it that way - makes sense to me. Good luck on the wait.

This used to be a lonely club (relatively) ... now it's darn cozy (I better start stocking up on practice ammo).

David_Ely
10-25-2010, 21:27
I've been really tempted to jump on those $379 G37s but I still can't justify it when I already own a G38. Now a G39 . . . that's another story. :)

Officer's Match
10-26-2010, 15:49
What, only two? :whistling:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e131/sly250r/IMG_0070-1.jpg

mesteve2
10-26-2010, 16:01
GAP's best of all Glocks!

drdirk
11-08-2010, 04:21
Still love the G37. Have been looking to get a G38 but they seem to be pretty rare and not any great deals out there that I can find. None for sale here local in Texas. Will have to keep looking.

3shots
11-19-2010, 18:38
got my g37 from buds so far great accuracy no problems priced right.

jt-glock
11-21-2010, 17:02
Far and away my favorite Glock caliber. They are incredibly accurate and fit the hand perfectly. I have all 3 and the 38 is probably my favorite