Calipers + 4 year old= [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Calipers + 4 year old=

shotgunred
10-21-2010, 18:46
Daddy needing to go to the store and buy a new pair.
My four year old got hold of my Calipers. I went to make sure my dies were set were I wanted them before I ran off a big batch. Somehow she managed to ruin the little teeth the size wheel runs on. I think I will buy 2 pair.

On the bright side harbor freight has them on sale and the harbor freight store is in Boxers town. I wonder if he has time to show off his new press?

GioaJack
10-21-2010, 18:50
GOOD GOD MAN... you're raising a Little Stevie, forget buying a new press or components, get the child psychiatric help!

Jack

rg1
10-21-2010, 18:52
Just make sure that the little "teeth" on the rack are clean with no dirt in the teeth. The least bit of dirt or debris will lock up the slide. Also, if when they close and you don't end up with zero on the dial, you can take out the 4 tiny screws and rotate the gear on the dial so that it will be near zero when closed. A fine brush, toothbrush, and a little solvent, or compressed air can help clean the rack teeth.

WiskyT
10-21-2010, 19:32
http://consumer.schlage.com/Products/Pages/ProductDetails.aspx?ModelNumber=J40STR605

Boxerglocker
10-21-2010, 20:22
Daddy needing to go to the store and buy a new pair.
My four year old got hold of my Calipers. I went to make sure my dies were set were I wanted them before I ran off a big batch. Somehow she managed to ruin the little teeth the size wheel runs on. I think I will buy 2 pair.

On the bright side harbor freight has them on sale and the harbor freight store is in Boxers town. I wonder if he has time to show off his new press?

Call me up tomorrow Mike... bring a gun :supergrin: Well try and get ya some FREE brass at Sam's:supergrin:

shotgunred
10-21-2010, 21:01
Call me up tomorrow Mike... bring a gun :supergrin: Well try and get ya some FREE brass at Sam's:supergrin:

Hmm I may just have to take a day off.

CitizenOfDreams
10-21-2010, 21:47
I like the 4" Harbor Freight digital calipers. The larger 6" ones are much more crude and sloppy.

For those who prefer dial calipers because they are worried about batteries: I'm still using the original battery since I bought them some time around January.
http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_1317.jpg

Boxerglocker
10-21-2010, 22:00

I like the 4" Harbor Freight digital calipers. The larger 6" ones are much more crude and sloppy.

For those who prefer dial calipers because they are worried about batteries: I'm still using the original battery since I bought them some time around January.
http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/370x/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_1317.jpg

I may just have accompany Shotgun over to Harbor Freight and get me another pair too... always seem to be draging mine back a forth between my apartment and storage reloading area.