Deleting apps from a Mac [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Deleting apps from a Mac

Green_Manelishi
10-24-2010, 13:15
I have a Mac, that will begin to see more frequent use. But like most other 'puters I own (have owned) it comes with stuff I will not use, such as GarbageBand, iChat, iCal, iWeb, Mail, etc. If I correctly understand all I need to do to rid myself of these is drag them from the dashboard (?) to the trash?

hamster
10-24-2010, 13:25
Not quite. Dashboard is simply a list of shortcuts. To delete an application, Click on the finder icon, navigate to "Applications" then drag the application to the trashcan.

Its that easy. Not like on a PC where you have to jump through all sorts of hoops.

That being said, the apps you mention don't use too much space I'd keep them around and maybe just erase the shortcuts from your dashboard.

Green_Manelishi
10-24-2010, 13:47
Not quite. Dashboard is simply a list of shortcuts. To delete an application, Click on the finder icon, navigate to "Applications" then drag the application to the trashcan.

Its that easy. Not like on a PC where you have to jump through all sorts of hoops.

That being said, the apps you mention don't use too much space I'd keep them around and maybe just erase the shortcuts from your dashboard.

It's still easier than MS hoops. Thanks.

Although each does not take up much space I want all the space I can get back.