NY buck archery kill [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NY buck archery kill

JPP
10-24-2010, 19:48
10 yard shot at 8:30AM Saturday Oct 24.
Buck came in to soe bleat can call.
Elite GTO, Gold Tip arrows, 100 gr Slick Trick Grizztrick broadheads.

This buck is a neat, satisfying kill because I have 17 pictures of him from my game camera since July. I have seen his rack progress throught the year. Unique antler shape, haven't seen too many palmated antlers like this before.

For 4 straight years I have been passing up shots at small bucks. Then the bucks go on other properties around me and get shot, so I am being stupid. Guys around me shoot anything which I have no problem with at all. Just figured out that I can't QDM my small place while others around me don't. I haven't seen a decent buck in the past 6 years.
I'm very happy with this buck.

1faSStchevy
10-24-2010, 20:40
Good deer. Whens dinner?:eat:

CanyonMan
10-24-2010, 20:59
Good shooting amigo ! Congrats.

Man that is some very nice (thick) wooded senery in the back ground.

Good hunting and eating.

CM

steve1911
10-25-2010, 01:39
Congrats!

1911club#410

CC Glock
10-25-2010, 19:57
Great bow kill!!!!! In your postion i wouldn't of passed him up either but think what he would of looked like as a 5 year old. Did you have very good blood. I have been using slick tricks for about 3 years now, and i always find my deer but the blood sucks till about 30 yards, then its like a red carpet.

JPP
10-25-2010, 20:29
Great bow kill!!!!! In your postion i wouldn't of passed him up either but think what he would of looked like as a 5 year old. Did you have very good blood. I have been using slick tricks for about 3 years now, and i always find my deer but the blood sucks till about 30 yards, then its like a red carpet.

yeah, this buck looks like he had some nice genetics. In 5 years he would have been a dandy.
I did have a GREAT! blood trail, but it was probably due to location moreso than the broadhead as I cut the artery along the spine.

CC Glock
10-25-2010, 21:09
yeah it looked like the shot was alittle high, for some reason i always shoot high but most of the time i take out the opposite lung. I have only had one deer that really bleed out. like i said i have found all my deer so i wont be switching. I love slick tricks.

CC Glock
10-25-2010, 21:11
P.S. if you could get your neighbors on board with QDM yall could grow some monsters!!!

JPP
10-26-2010, 12:23
P.S. if you could get your neighbors on board with QDM yall could grow some monsters!!!

my neighbors are all 60-70 years old
they take what they can and don't care about big antlers
Oh well, it's supposed to be fun and they are having fun

JPP
10-26-2010, 12:25
yeah it looked like the shot was alittle high, for some reason i always shoot high but most of the time i take out the opposite lung. I have only had one deer that really bleed out. like i said i have found all my deer so i wont be switching. I love slick tricks.

yeah, shot high and cut the artery
don't know what happened, I still blow archery shots after all these years....:crying:
he was slightly quartered toward me

CC Glock
10-26-2010, 16:24
i have the same problem, i have taken about 20 deer with my bow, about 6 bucks and the rest does. i shoot about 50 arrows aday but when it comes to taking a deer i never remember taking the shoot. I dont really rush myself, i guess its just all the adrenaline going. When im in the stand i always tell myself....dont rush take your time but it never helps