Anything new or exicitng before I make a new purchase? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anything new or exicitng before I make a new purchase?

ScrappyDoo
10-26-2010, 14:22
Since I sold the Benelli Supernova 24" (It was just too long for me and the new barrel was like $500 plus a rail, and ghost ring sites, and installation, couldn't do it). .. I haven't rushed out to buy another pump (which I really want) ... Came close to ordering a Supernova Tactical from Cabelas , almost bought one of several different 590's and 590A1's from local store, then almost bought ajunker pump, ertc.

Well I am starting to learn towards the SNT again, which is what I really wanted in the first place, but I can't decide whether to get the pistol grip-stock (which I really like and would want) or the recoil-dampening conventional stock in that ComfortTech (because I imagine the pistolgrip and buckshot or slugs kick and hurt like a mule?)... so I can't pull the trigger just yet.

Anyway before I do is there anything new and new exciting etc. in a tactical/combat/HD shotgun pump out there? I have my baby the 930SPX so I have autoloaders covered and I would like a Saiga 12 someday but not before I have the pump (and many other firearms on my list checked off)...

So what say you?

mixflip
10-26-2010, 15:27
You know my vote bro, get the SNT! I wasnt happy and content until I finally had my SNT nicely tucked away in my safe. I dont miss my other mossbergs and remingtons to be honest. All I have is my 930SPX and my SNT and I am in my own little shotgun heaven.

I went with the standard stock on my Benelli SNT only because I have a philosophy on pumps. (which you probably already heard in my SNT video review?) Since my support hand has to do some work with a pump, I like to keep both hands as close to the same plane as possible. I noticed with a pistol grip on a pump my shooting hand was a few inches below my pump action hand and this lead to me inadvertently lifting up the muzzle up when I pumped. But when I pumped a standard setup the muzzle stayed relatively on target. Thats just my assessment and it may not even be an issue with other folks?

Since my auto loader doesnt require any support hand work during controlled pair shooting, the pistol grip is great.

ScrappyDoo
10-26-2010, 16:11
I know very much your philosophy brotha, but I guess probably because of our laws I was raised opposite, no pistol grips on autos but we are allowed pistol grips on pumps... I love the 930 SPX the way it is, and I am happy with the conventional stock (might even have got it that way had I had a choice, because of the Mossberg safety issue, smart with the conv. stock) and I LOVED the Supernova with the pistol grip, VERY controllable, even for that 24" beast, I could only imagine how nice I would whip and control that 18" tactical monster with a pistol grip..

Let me ask you this, how's the kick on your SNT with Buckshot (and slugs?) ... I don't shoot barely any slugs, those are for hunting around here (dont really do) and in case of SHTF / war... but I shoot mostly buckshot (for HD and for getting used to it etc.) ...how do you find it?

And is it just me or does Remington not make a tactical autoloader? They have that TAC-4 thing , that is not very tactical to me at all.. a 22" vent rib barrel aint' gonna do it for me, and no GRS or even rail?

Shame too because my buddy has an 1100 field/comp type model, real real nice and even decorative, it was his step-fathers (very high ranking retired LEO) and gave it to him, got it back in the day and it was the biggest/baddest/best and newest/neatest/most expensive.. at least a 24" barrel autoloading 5 round total I think etc. It is the SOFTEST SMOOTHEST shotgun I have ever fired, I mean this thing we drug out for a friendly Labor Day? a few years back of just BS skeet shootin, and with birdshot/target loads it was like shootin a 22.. the damdest thing ever..

I would buy an 1100/11-87 but I don't need a field/hunting/competition/decorative shotgun and they're expensive.

MrMurphy
10-26-2010, 17:57
Never seen a 1100P or 1187P? As in "police? "

mlyon55
10-26-2010, 18:28
Remington is making a tactical 1100. Comes with pistol grip stock and retails a little less than $700 around here. The 1100 is an awesome gun, used one with a ten shot extension in the last 3 gun comp. It ran smoother than most the others. The only gun that was faster was a souped up saiga. Man was it fast on the reloads with that mag.

rsxr22
10-26-2010, 19:57
Nothing new, but personally i would look for a Super90M1. People are selling them for around $600-650 right now

mixflip
10-26-2010, 20:10
The kick on my SNT with 00buck is soaked up pretty well due to the comfort tech stock that mine came with. I havent shot a whole lot of 00buck through it to really give a comprehensive review but hey...its a 12 gauge? To me the only way to really soak up serious recoil is to go with some kind of mechanical recoil absorber system like the knoxx buttstock. Too bad they dont make one for the Benelli. (not that I know of anyway)

This isnt new but its still awesome! Have you seen this shotgun accessory?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzqwEP5QC78
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz2xjSIvlHA&feature=related

ScrappyDoo
10-26-2010, 20:23
Never seen a 1100P or 1187P? As in "police? "

No as a matter of fact I haven't.

Is this available on their website for view?

Or in stores?

Thanks.

ScrappyDoo
10-26-2010, 20:24
Remington is making a tactical 1100. Comes with pistol grip stock and retails a little less than $700 around here. The 1100 is an awesome gun, used one with a ten shot extension in the last 3 gun comp. It ran smoother than most the others. The only gun that was faster was a souped up saiga. Man was it fast on the reloads with that mag.

Is this right, could you please hook me with some info on this, got a link or anything? TY brotha.

ScrappyDoo
10-26-2010, 20:31
Nothing new, but personally i would look for a Super90M1. People are selling them for around $600-650 right now

Before the 930 SPX i came perilously close to buying a $1300 Benelli M2 Tactical. Actually I was in the local shop, I asked for a 930 SPX and he said they're not legal and therefore not sold in Jersey, but he had a different 930 (And hands me the 930 Road Blocker with the 50 BMG muzzle break thingy on the end. Now he actually almost got his ass kicked by saying like "if you buy that I will laugh in your face and call you a dooshbag" etc. and I almost bought it for that reason but that's a different story).. and he then is like "I got something like the SPX but much better but you probably can't afford it... " (again almost gets his ass kicked and I would have bought it on the spot but in NJ the NICS stops at 6 pm and doesn't do Sundays so I couldn't impulse buy it) ... and it was the Benelli M2 Tactical with ghost ring sights etc... BEAUTIFUL. I have never held such a perfect feeling weapon, to this day. Just amazing, but was a lot of dough.. Came here and got some opinions, Mix pointed out I would be so pissed if I even nicked it let alone scratched it..like getting a Cadillac Escalade and going four wheeling with it. Thought about it for a week and the following weekend before I made my final decision I accidentally found the SPX in Dicks in PA, and bought it on the spot... But still love Benelli's, bought the Supernova as an attempt at compensating.

Never understood what the deal with M1 M2 M3 M4 is, i know we can't have M4's in Jersey, have never seen an M3 but sounds cool, Pump and Semi also... m2 tac is real expensive, saw an M2 Field with a huge barrel for 899 but it wasnt what I wanted... and M1?

mlyon55
10-26-2010, 20:56
http://www.remington.com/products/firearms/shotguns/model-1100/model-1100-tac-4.aspx
Here is the link to Remingtons write up about it. Great handling and was right under $700 here in LA.

furioso2112
10-26-2010, 21:02
that's crazy parts prices. I bought my SNT pistol grip new from a dealer for $369 out the door a year ago or so....there is a bad part to teh story, though: the only thing that keeps me from buying a Benelli M4 is that the SNT is such a great gun, set up fine for less than $400? I have a $40 tacStar (works great) mag extender on it, and some Mesa Tactical parts - 6-round holder/pic-rail and QD-sling swivel mount.

That said, there are plenty of parts for making American-made products like the Mossberg and Winchester run like you like. I picked the SNT b/c I was given one as a gift, liked it, decided to stick with it when I looked into something for 3-gun.

keninnavarre
10-27-2010, 05:43
No as a matter of fact I haven't.

Is this available on their website for view?

Or in stores?

Thanks.
Heres a link, FYI.
Check these police trade ins. They have pistol grip stocks available also. I've bought several police trade ins from J&G and always had good luck.

http://www.jgsales.com/product_info.php/p/remington-model-11-87-police%2C-le-trade-in-12ga-tactical-shotgun%2C-used-/products_id/4588

B Coyote
10-27-2010, 07:13
That's a pretty good price on those 1187P's.

bc

mlyon55
10-27-2010, 08:26
Do you know of anyone that has bought one of those 1187? Thats a great price as long as it is still in good shape.

B Coyote
10-27-2010, 11:20
Even if it's a little beat, it could be brought back up to shape fairly easily. Most wear on police shotguns is to the finish.

bc

mlyon55
10-27-2010, 11:52
Thats true, for that price I believe I can justify buying another one. Well who cares about justifying I just want it.

ScrappyDoo
10-27-2010, 12:41
I am not understanding this , the 1100 Tac 4 is the "Police" Model?

That price looks good I agree. But I don't really need that and also I still don't thing it's very tactical, but again great shotgun and great price. I will say from LEO's I've talked to they say the shotguns they have issued to them are ussually issued to the "car" and they get beat to all **** cause they don't care, it's not like it's their issue/duty/carry service pistol which will be their primary life-saver... The shotgun gets a lot of wicked step-child treatment by a lot of ppl.

keninnavarre
10-27-2010, 13:32
Do you know of anyone that has bought one of those 1187? Thats a great price as long as it is still in good shape.

No, I've bought other guns from J&G though. I'm kicking around the idea of picking one of these up. I hardly ever run across 1187 or 1100 trade ins. I know I wish I'd have bought a few Ithacas and 870 trade ins when I had the chance. Hindsights 20-20, so the saying goes...

All the LEO trade in shotguns I have are good to go internally, but have quite a bit of finish wear. I bought a S&W 3000 from J&G at christmas time last year. They were marked down for 1 day to half price 150 bucks, if I remember right. Speed feed stock, and about 75% of the blue remaining. Internally, like new.

ScrappyDoo
10-27-2010, 14:29
All the LEO trade in shotguns I have are good to go internally, but have quite a bit of finish wear. I bought a S&W 3000 from J&G at christmas time last year. They were marked down for 1 day to half price 150 bucks, if I remember right. Speed feed stock, and about 75% of the blue remaining. Internally, like new.

Can you plz describe exactly what that is/what it does/how it works? All I gather from the pictures is that there is notch/secret hiding space in the stock where you can stow away some extra shells? Is that about the size of it?

Victoriagotagun
10-27-2010, 18:27
I am not understanding this , the 1100 Tac 4 is the "Police" Model?

No, the 1100 Tac-4 is geared towards the 3-gun crowd. The 11-87P models are found here. http://remingtonle.com/shotguns/1187.htm

Some of the Speedfeed stocks do have places in the stock to store a couple extra shells.

keninnavarre
10-27-2010, 18:46
Can you plz describe exactly what that is/what it does/how it works? All I gather from the pictures is that there is notch/secret hiding space in the stock where you can stow away some extra shells? Is that about the size of it?

From Speedfeed website...these are the type usually found on LEO shotguns. They are handy for slugs, IMO.
http://www.speedfeedinc.com/images/products/MTS_4.jpg

or...
http://www.speedfeedinc.com/images/products/TMT_6.jpg

SPEEDFEEDŽ I
MAGAZINE TUBE STOCK SET
Designed for Law Enforcement - Ideal for Sportsmen the SPEEDFEED I stock has two magazine tubes(storing a total of four rounds) molded into the stock. Each magazine tube (holding two shells) exits just behind the pistol grip, one on each side of the stock. A steel spring in each tube holds the rounds in the magazine until they're needed and then with a flick of the finger, shells are instantly available for loading.

mlyon55
10-27-2010, 19:28
Agree the tac 4 is more for 3 gun. The 1187 is a workhorse.

Now I have a question was needing another 12 guage pump. As always I was getting another 870, but seeing everyone talk about the SNT is there anything better about it compared to the 870 or purely preference?

ScrappyDoo
10-27-2010, 19:50
From Speedfeed website...these are the type usually found on LEO shotguns. They are handy for slugs, IMO.
http://www.speedfeedinc.com/images/products/MTS_4.jpg

or...
http://www.speedfeedinc.com/images/products/TMT_6.jpg

SPEEDFEEDŽ I
MAGAZINE TUBE STOCK SET
Designed for Law Enforcement - Ideal for Sportsmen the SPEEDFEED I stock has two magazine tubes(storing a total of four rounds) molded into the stock. Each magazine tube (holding two shells) exits just behind the pistol grip, one on each side of the stock. A steel spring in each tube holds the rounds in the magazine until they're needed and then with a flick of the finger, shells are instantly available for loading.

Ken thanks a lot sir that's more than I could have asked for! Looks a lot more better than I had initially visualized...

The cool thng is, I don't really do slugs much, but I recognize their need... and in my humble opinion, if you need a slug, you might need a bunch because you're in the ***** or jackpot, so having a bunch ready is good good!