Extra stuff from Springfield. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Extra stuff from Springfield.

Jim S.
10-26-2010, 15:56
I recently bought a second S.A. Mil-Spec.
When I bought the first one I didn't take advantage of the great deals on stock magazines because I didn't know if they were any good or not.
I shot my first Mil-Spec using mostly the stock magazines and never had a problem with the gun or the magazines.
I know they're not top of the line mags but they are pretty decent working magazines.
So, I ordered the 10 pack of stock magazines from Springfield this time and they were like $9.00 a piece.
They were delivered in only two working days, but I'm in Indiana and they are in Illinois so it's not like they had to go far.
I was surprised that they sort of seemed like they were slightly different than what comes with the gun. They seemed to be a little better quality.
The springs are good and firm and the magazines are stamped .45ACP on one side of the magazine.
The ones that came with the guns do not have this stamping and the springs do not feel as firm.
Anyway, if you get a Springfield Armory gun be sure and take advantage of the 9 dollar magazines. They are definately worth the price and they will make good range mags at the very least.

brisk21
10-26-2010, 16:15
Isn't there a time limit you can use the coupon after purchase?

rsxr22
10-26-2010, 16:27
Yes i believe its like 90 days or something to that effect, but if you call their CS im sure they will warranty the expired coupon. They have really good CS, just tell them that you never saw it before and just found it and wanted to take advantage

carloglock19
10-26-2010, 17:15
I was going to order a few myself off the loaded coupon. Mine has them listed for $12 vise $9 still a good price though. Thanks for the good report.

pistolwrench
10-26-2010, 17:53
Don't fergit that x-tra set of hammer hooks they give ya!

knedrgr
10-26-2010, 19:29
Don't fergit that x-tra set of hammer hooks they give ya!

that's always a nice addition. :rofl:

Herb Twoleaf
10-27-2010, 13:25
When I bought my Mil-Spec the coupon was already expired, but I sent it in anyway. The mags they sent were identical to what came with the gun. Learned later they were all Metalforms.
When I later bought some Shooting Stars, they matched the SAs in every respect excepting the follower.