Just got my first CZ (P-01) - Accuracy? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Just got my first CZ (P-01) - Accuracy?

Snak3
10-26-2010, 17:37
Hi,

I'm new to the CZ Club. For how long I will be a "member", I do not know.

I picked up a CZ 75 P-01 in good condition yesterday. The original owner is a LEO and took good care of the weapon. The gun is only 2 years old, and the previous owner claims to only have a couple thousand rounds through it.

I was shooting it for the first time in comparison with my Glock 19. I read so many people claiming that their CZ's were tac drivers... meaning excellent accuracy. Most agreed that their P-01 outshot their Glocks every time.

I am an experienced shooter, and I am very capable at shooting a DA / SA pistol the same as my light triggered DAO Glock. At 25 feet, my groups were close to the 4-5 inch range with the CZ, and my Glock 19's was half that.

What are your experiences with shooting CZ's are far as accuracy, and what experiences have you encountered when comparing accuracy to your Glocks?

Thanks.

the perfesser
10-29-2010, 18:34
What are your experiences with shooting CZ's are far as accuracy, and what experiences have you encountered when comparing accuracy to your Glocks?

My CZs (75B, 2075 RAMI, 97B) are pretty accurate; it is only later that I acquired my Glocks. Different trigger pull with the latter, of course. Am pleased with G36 accuracy, but not overwhelmed by G34 accuracy. I have resolved to work with the G34 more.

I would advise patience with the P-01 until you are convinced that it has underwhelming accuracy

clarkstoncz
10-31-2010, 16:15
Run some Speer 124 gr Gold Dot through it!

even though most P-01 ( and PCR, 75B, ect) owners will tell you that their gun is
soft on recoil and highly accurate for a service sized pistol.

You might have to try different loads to get your required accuracy.

Sippo
11-02-2010, 12:45
I might suggest you check the box that contained the pistol and look for the point of aim chart that came with the pistol. (underneath the pad under the cover opposite the pistol) I believe the median point of aim at 25 meters was a fraction of an inch.

Try dry firing the pistol and work towards absolutely no movment of the front sight after the break. The grip is different than our Glocks as well as the trigger behavior. Your grip and trigger control are critical to accuracy and consistancy.

That pistol you have was capable of head shots at 50-75 feet. (Ask me how I know :supergrin:)

Good luck, Snak and have fun with your pistol!

bac1023
11-26-2010, 16:11
Congrats on your new CZ. :)

deeHKman
11-26-2010, 18:27
Hi,

I picked up a CZ 75 P-01 in good condition yesterday. The original owner is a LEO and took good care of the weapon. The gun is only 2 years old, and the previous owner claims to only have a couple thousand rounds through it.

I was shooting it for the first time in comparison with my Glock 19. I read so many people claiming that their CZ's were tac drivers... meaning excellent accuracy. Most agreed that their P-01 outshot their Glocks every time.

I am an experienced shooter, and I am very capable at shooting a DA / SA pistol the same as my light triggered DAO Glock. At 25 feet, my groups were close to the 4-5 inch range with the CZ, and my Glock 19's was half that.

Thanks.

I have been into CZ's since 1997 and have most every one except the polymer Cz but i have the P01's since they first came out. My Champion shoots better than any but all very accurate. Fast forward to this summer i bought my Glock's took alot of dry fireing and shooting but my Glock groups are gaining on my CZ's. The P01 will shoot just look on the Cz forum.

Trust the gun it is a shooter. I have 3 19's but CZ's will always be there to. Not to mention all the other Glock's i have. I'll give you a link on the P01.
http://cz-usa.com/press-releases/102/ Congrats

bac1023
11-27-2010, 07:19
My Champion shoots better than any but all very accurate.

I love the Champion. Too bad they're no longer imported.

Mine is in 40S&W and its an incredible pistol.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n5/bac1023/004-1.jpg

deeHKman
11-29-2010, 19:42
bac, very nice. I know some at CZ i just might see if they will ever import them again. Probably not but no harm in trying. Thanks for the great pic,David

thunderbat
12-03-2010, 20:05
Give it time, the pistol should be capable of better groups at that distance. Maybe the barrel has more round thru it than you thought. At any rate it is a much different trigger feel than a Glock and I would suggest trying different ammo and shoot the P01 exclusively per session.

Hi,

Thanks.