Had one of those WTF moments today. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Had one of those WTF moments today.

Hogpauls
10-26-2010, 17:39
Went out shooting last week and picked up some .223 "brass", kinda made my day. I didn't bother checking out the headstamp and just threw them in the .223 bucket.

Today started to process some .223 and these wouldn't deprime, I put them aside and the growing pile started to piss me off. Although my detective skills aren't on par with some who are on GTR forum I think I solved the problem.

At first it looked like a chinese symbol but turns out it's Russian (JSC Barnaul, Brown Bear). Brass washed steel and berdan primed.

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx308/Hogpauls/027.jpg

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx308/Hogpauls/010-1.jpg

Bello
10-26-2010, 17:41
sucks!

p.s. i believe someone makes a die or something that takes out the berdan prime

Hogpauls
10-26-2010, 17:47
sucks!

Happy Birthday Bello! :birthdaysong:

Bello
10-26-2010, 17:52
^ Thanks Chief!

GioaJack
10-26-2010, 18:06
Toss 'em... it's not worth the trouble to de-cap Berdans and it's tough to buy 'em anymore.

If you really want to play with some of them and don't want to buy the de-capper just whittle down a wooden dowel so it fits in the case mouth, fill the case with water, insert the dowel and smack it. Primer will pop right out... so will the water.

Jack

shotgunred
10-26-2010, 18:41
One of the guys at my IDPA shoot bought some nickel brass and thought he got a good deal. Nickel coated steel that was Berdan primed.:crying:
A magnet will solve this issue or at least let you know the truth.

Hogpauls
10-26-2010, 19:45
Toss 'em... it's not worth the trouble to de-cap Berdans and it's tough to buy 'em anymore.

If you really want to play with some of them and don't want to buy the de-capper just whittle down a wooden dowel so it fits in the case mouth, fill the case with water, insert the dowel and smack it. Primer will pop right out... so will the water.

Jack

They've found a home in the circular file.