Ghost 5lb "Tactical" Connector [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ghost 5lb "Tactical" Connector

JamesT
10-26-2010, 18:29
This connector is touted as eliminaring the sloppy trigger overtravel. If I have this installed on my G-19 (my EDC), will there be any downside?
Thanks
Jim

JR
10-26-2010, 19:54
I would define overtravel as: The continued (rearward) movement of the trigger, after the gun has fired. If you take into consideration that the gun has already fired the continued reward movement is a wasted action. You know that performing an action takes time therefore wasted action is actually wasted time.

You have to figure our how much time is really wasted between the gun going bang and the trigger (naturally) stopping at the end of the stroke and compare it directly to (the time of) the gun going bang and the trigger immediately (almost) stopping further reward travel. In theory.... This (saved/reduced) time would potentially provide an advantage "if" you immediately ceased reward pressure and allowed the trigger to reset...... And then took a follow up shot.

Yes there is a benefit to using an overtravel stop...... if it is installed correctly and you do your part.
Yes there is a down side if it is not installed correctly (fail to fire)..... And..... There is no benefit if you do not take a follow up shot (doubles)

JamesT
10-27-2010, 11:38
Glad I asked! Thanks!