xCode for Mac OS X Leopard & ImageMagick [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : xCode for Mac OS X Leopard & ImageMagick

Green_Manelishi
10-26-2010, 18:30
I am trying to install ImageMagick on a Mac OS X Leopard platform. The installed xCode is 3.0. Installing IM fails due to requiring xCode 3.1. which I can download. My question: has anyone else any experience with this situation? Downloading 3.1. will take some time, even over FiOS, and if it's all for naught perhaps I'll just try and install IM on the Windows platform I own.

jasonvp
11-04-2010, 06:46
I am trying to install ImageMagick on a Mac OS X Leopard platform. The installed xCode is 3.0. Installing IM fails due to requiring xCode 3.1. which I can download.

XCode is required because it's got the compilers built into it. And the ImageMagick package you're trying to install is obviously coming in source code format. I assume you're installing ImageMagick via Darwin Ports (ports) or something like that?

You have access to XCode 3.1 via Apple's software update? I'd go ahead and just install it so you have the most recent version of the gcc compiler that Apple supports.

jas

Green_Manelishi
11-04-2010, 12:25
Yes, I installed everything and it seems to be working fine. Thanks for the response.