Opinions on Luminox Watches [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Luminox Watches

TheHighwayman
10-26-2010, 19:10
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/410ewU5AGKL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

I'm looking at the Luminox 1828 Field Day-Date model. I only have one other 'decent' watch, and Invicta 8926c. I love it but the luminescent hands are not. As I am doing more camping and hiking I want a self-illuminating watch.

I've found a couple of reviews on Luminox in general and found some real horror stories (http://search.complaints.com/search?btnG=Search%2BComplaints.com&output=xml_no_dtd&sort=date%253AD%253AL%253Ad1&client=complaints&oe=UTF-8&ie=UTF-8&proxystylesheet=complaints&site=complaints&q=luminox&x=0&y=0) of failures in the warranty period and poor customer service. :wow: Does anyone here have experience with them, good or bad?

Thanks!

brickboy240
10-27-2010, 12:48
I have a 3200 Series Luminox and have worn it heavily for the past 5 years and cannot kill it.

I am hard on things like watches and the Lumi has held up very well. I'd buy another Lumi in a heartbeat and am currently thinking of one of their black watched with the rubber bands, as a backup.

If you ask me, they're pretty tough and I have had no troubles at all. Been in water many, many times.

- brickboy240

California Jack
10-27-2010, 16:18
I have no thoughts on Luminox nor do I know your price range. But if you want a good watch with tritium vials look at Ball Watch Co.

gruntmedik
10-27-2010, 16:37
I had one of the SEALS watches I bought in 99. I wore it daily til about 5 years ago. I noticed water under the crystal. I sent it to Luminox, and they responded, saying it had a bent stem, and to fix/replace what it needed was going to be $170+. I could have bought a new one for a few bucks more.

That being said, it was a great watch while it lasted.

I do like the looks of the one you posted.

And yes, Ball Watch Co. is the watch to beat for tritium--I will have a Spacemaster XL one of these days.