Email spam [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Email spam

annielulu
10-26-2010, 22:12
In order to generate some business for my new company, I am sending out emails to a select group of prospects.

I sent a bunch out, including one to my friend's email address just to see how my emails would look when they were received by the recipients.

My sent emails are not going to the "Inbox" category of the recipients, instead they are going to the "Spam" inbox.

Why is this happening? Is there any way I can make sure that the emails go to the "Inbox" rather than the "Spam" box.

Any help greatly appreciated.

kc8ykd
10-26-2010, 23:21
how did you get this list of prospects? did these select people opt-in to these emails?

if not, what you are sending out is the definition of spam.

if they did, you may have to work on the format and/or contents of the message so that it doesn't look so spammy.

there will be people's accounts where it will never hit the inbox due to the spam filtering they're using (or their provider uses) or due to other account settings they may be using (like whitelists).

Sgt. Schultz
10-27-2010, 06:31
Most providers have filters that mark e-mail with too many recipients to the message as spam, also as kc8ykd said user filters can keep a lot of e-mail from ever reaching a mail box ... with my personal e-mail account if the senders address isn't in my address book it's automatically deleted.