New to STL, MO [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New to STL, MO

MikeDawg
10-27-2010, 17:11
Hi guys, I'm new to the area, living in Town and Country area.

I'm looking to buy some new glocks, but I'm just not sure on where to shop, I'm open to the entire STL metro area.

The prices I've seen at the few shops seem really high. I'm thinking about getting a 26 and a 30sf, but I'm not sure where the best prices in town are.

I came from Nevada, and I know I could get any of the Glock sub-compact line for $630, so I don't really want to pay much over that.

Thanks

Mike

REA9mm
11-12-2010, 14:10
Hey Mike, welcome to Saint Louis :wavey:

I've been living in south city for the past couple of years and I've found several good gun shops in the area. If you're looking for a massive amount of selection, the Cabelas attached to the St. Louis Mills mall is huge, but their prices are a bit high. The shops I frequent the most are MidAmerica Arms on Gravois and Top Gun Shooting Sports in Arnold, MO. The prices for both these shops are pretty similar. You will pay anywhere between $505 to $525 for a new Glock. I would recommend Top Gun tho b/c they also have a really nice indoor range (actually heard today there was a fire there, so it will be out of commission for a while) that is only about a year old, and if you purchase their, you get a free range session. Also, check out the Jay Henges range on Highway 44. They recently renovated their rifle/pistol range and it's only 3 bucks to shoot.

Anyway, happy shooting. And, if you're gonna go send some rounds down range, PM me, maybe we can meet up. :cool:

MikeDawg
11-13-2010, 11:29
Thanks for the tips. I will check out that Top Gun shop. I'm going to be out of action for just a little bit, as I'm going through some medical stuff. But I'll definitely shoot you a PM in this upcoming, new year!

Again, thanks for the help!

Reb 56
11-17-2010, 21:24
Anybody know how long Top Gun will be closed?

sfguard
11-17-2010, 21:48
I have been out of St.Louis now for well, going on two years now moved to KY. But I used to like to go to Bullseye over not too far from the zoo. I still have a couple friends that work there PT

REA9mm
11-29-2010, 21:35
Top Gun will probably be closed for a couple of months. It will be updated on their website www.topgunss.com. It might be a little cold for an outdoor range, but the renovations over at the Jay Henges range are quite nice and it's cheap to shoot there. If you're in Fenton, it can't be more than a 5-10 minute drive for you.

STLGLK
12-28-2010, 20:56
Topgun says it's not expected to have the range open til mid-end Feb. They're really bummed...this is usually a real good week for them.