Glock 22C accuracy [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 22C accuracy

brhackett
10-28-2010, 09:33
At our department we are carrying the Glock 22. After more than a 1000 rounds, I decided to do accuracy tests at 25 yards with a bench rest.
After shooting over 400 rounds of factory ammo and precision reloads, the best I can do is 3.2 inches. Does anyone know what the formula is for improved accuracy with this pistol type.

JR
10-28-2010, 11:48
Average accuracy for a Glock pistol at 25 yards is 4 to 6 inch groups.
You are expected to be an "above average" shooter because you carry a gun for a living. Your current 3.2 inch group qualifies as above average however I can see by your post you consider it unacceptable. My advise is to spend more time dry firing. Start with the trigger pull. Hold the gun sideways in front of you. Watch the trigger function, feel the internal movements. Focus on the take up, feel the striker move to the rear and the trigger bar set on the connector. Pull the trigger right up to the breaking point.... Hold..... and then trip it. Do this as long as it take to memorize the feel. Once you have the feel of the trigger focus on the front sight. When the trigger trips, the front sight should remain as solid as a rock. If there is the slightest movement keep practicing until it is solid.
Once you have mastered the trigger I would expect your groups to reduce by as much as 1/2.