Off topic, new toy. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Off topic, new toy.

RustyFN
10-29-2010, 20:22
My new amp came today. It will get a good workout this weekend. It's a Carvin BX500. That's 300 watts at 8 ohms and 500 at 4 ohms. Four band parametric EQ and switchable nine band graphic EQ.

http://magazine.premierguitar.com/Stream/StreamImage.aspx?Image_ID=A473FD9B-86DE-4A5F-861D-40B3193DCFF5&Image_Type=image

GioaJack
10-29-2010, 20:33
Rusty, nothing wrong with being off-topic, I believe it's happened once or twice before. Could you do us, (probably a bunch of us), a favor though, please speak english so we know what the hell you're talking about.

I have no idea what that thing is but it's electronic, has a bunch of knobs, slider thingies and at least one light... I LIKE IT!

Jack

tac_driver
10-29-2010, 20:48
I think it is a bass guitar amplifier that can drive a speaker or a set of speakers very loud but with very little distortion for a clean sound. I also notice it has a parametric eq and a graphic eq for tailoring the sound for different senerios like a concert hall or a small basement. I really like the fact that it has a built in compressor to make the bass guitar notes sustain for a longer interval. I beleive that model also has a foot switch for turning on and off the effects (parametric eq, graphic eg, compressor etc...).

Bello
10-29-2010, 20:50
Rusty, nothing wrong with being off-topic, I believe it's happened once or twice before. Could you do us, (probably a bunch of us), a favor though, please speak english so we know what the hell you're talking about.

I have no idea what that thing is but it's electronic, has a bunch of knobs, slider thingies and at least one light... I LIKE IT!

Jack

jack it has 6 LIGHTS; buy 2

PCJim
10-29-2010, 21:54
Jack, at least buy one and run your new press monitor thru it. I would bet you could finally get the buzzer loud enough to hear over the sounds of squealing tires and mangling metal during the BIG ONE on Sunday.

IndyGunFreak
10-30-2010, 02:20
Jack, at least buy one and run your new press monitor thru it. I would bet you could finally get the buzzer loud enough to hear over the sounds of squealing tires and mangling metal during the BIG ONE on Sunday.

:rofl::rofl:

Looks good Rusty!

Bob2223
10-30-2010, 07:19
Nice :thumbsup:

Bob

RustyFN
10-30-2010, 11:54
Could you do us, (probably a bunch of us), a favor though, please speak english so we know what the hell you're talking about.

Sorry Jack, it's a press monitor for the Lee classic turret. It will speed the classic turret from 200 rounds per hour to 800 per hour. Of course I could be wrong and it's just my new bass guitar amplifier. :tongueout: tac_driver pretty much nailed it.