Cleaning incident [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cleaning incident

Benello
10-29-2010, 21:08
While cleaning my S&W 638 I accidentally dropped it onto the table over which I was cleaning it. It only fell about 6 inches, but landed on the butt end of the gun (where the backstrap is visible between the grips). No mark on the gun, but could it have jarred anything loose inside? It feels and sounds the same and I thought initially that it was fine as the metal is solid back there and it would take a lot more to damage it, but after thinking about it I figured I'd ask the experts just to be sure. Thanks.

a1b2c3
10-30-2010, 21:32
It should be fine.

blackwater P226
10-30-2010, 21:50
Dont think you will find experst on a web site, most advice on "most" web sites are as good as what you pay for them ----free!

It will be fine. I parachuted in to areas where firearms hit the ground with me and never had an issue. If you are concerned go to the range and fire a few rounds.

rca256
10-30-2010, 22:01
I figured you were going to tell us that you marred the dinning room table. The gun should be fine. The table, marred for life.

glockess56
10-30-2010, 22:25
I drop mine and it shoots very accurate. It should be fine, but as someone said, how is your table? I hope your wife doesn't get angry because the gun is all right and the table is marred for life!

Markasaurus
10-30-2010, 22:54
The gun is designed to take the recoil from firing. I doubt dropping it six inches damaged anything inside.

Benello
10-30-2010, 23:31
Thanks guys. I took it out and shot it today. I think it actually shot better! The table has a little dent in it, but it's already messed up from when I tried to get off some sticker residue with Goo gone. I scrubbed it all over the table and really fudged up the finish. Oh well, I bought the table before we got married so she can't be too mad :)