Doubletap, Buffalo Bore for 10mm?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Doubletap, Buffalo Bore for 10mm??

speicher
10-30-2010, 08:08
So, I have been using the search function, and have been reading through some threads discussing wheather or not DT and BB are using Montana Gold bullets...XTP, Gold Dot, Golden Saber etc...for their 10mm offerings, its really quite mind boggling. I think that the Winchester Silvertip's are going to be the best factory loaded (or commercially loaded) cartridges for the 10mm.

I plan on getting some of the Silvertip's in the immediate future, until I can figure out what route I want to take...BB or DT, and then what weight will get me what bullet?? I may have to give them both a call and try to figure out whats what?

Just purchased a G20SF and G29SF, these are my first ever 10mm's, and I am in a 100 ammo learning curve...reloading isn't an option yet, so that is why I am sticking to the factory stuff for now.

Does anyone know what the current status is with DT and BB? is DT really loading Gold Dot and Golden Saber...or XTP??

Thanks

PghJim
10-30-2010, 20:20
DT will have a much greater choice of bullets. The 180's BB sells are pretty hot. It is good to worry about the bullet being used, but I just contact Tim (BB) or Mike (DT) and ask them what they are using before I place my order. I think both have given up on the Montana Golds.

Ak.Hiker
10-31-2010, 09:15
Bullet selection really depends on your needs. If you need deep penetration than the DT 200 grain FMJ loaded with the MG bullet is a good choice. The MG FMJ's are very good bullets and I think DT still loads them in their FMJ loading. I will find out in a few days as I just reordered some. If you are looking for SD loading I did notice that DT lists the bullet used for most of their 10mm loads. Nosler 180 grain, Golden Saber 165 grain etc. Lots of choices. Not sure what they are loading in their controlled expansion load. It looks like BB also loads the MG 200 grain FMJ from the picture on their site. Not sure about the 180 grain JHP. The picture is of the Gold Dot. At one time they were not able to get the GD and used the MG but they may have gone back to the GD as noted in the prior posting.