PDA

View Full Version : Update drivers?

larry_minn
10-30-2010, 20:05
I get a e-mail from "PC world"
------------------------------------------------------------
Uniblue DriverScanner
Your next step towards total PC performance

As a PCWorld.com member, you are entitled to a $10 savings when purchasing DriverScanner.
Uniblue is also offering System Tweaker FREE with all purchases! Limited-time offer
How to update your PC drivers

Unless you update your drivers regularly the odds are that your PC will be slower and more likely to crash, or will have problems connecting with peripherals.

Since a normal PC has about 100 drivers, updating them manually is a time consuming hassle you donít need. Luckily there is a quick 3 step solution called DriverScanner.

1. Download and install DriverScanner. Itís free and only takes a minute.

2. Once installed, the scan wil automatically start and you will be able to see the status of your drivers and know which need updating. Then download all updates and install them from the same screen.

3. Um...? That's it! Now youíll be able to enjoy:

Updated drivers and an optimized PC
Continuous driver update management
The power of a safe, simple and trusted driver update utility

"DriverScanner is a "Must Have Application" and Iím awarding it the Tucows Editors Choice Award for Excellence. This is a program that is useful for every computer user. Give it a try, it has my highest recommendation."
Dr File Finder, Tucows.com

Identify your PC's outdated drivers
Click here for a FREE diagnostic scan

The free DriverScanner scan will identify drivers that need updating. You will then be able to download those drivers by purchasing the full version of this product.
---------------------------------------------------------------

So is this BS? If a person does half the "updates" Microsoft sends shouldn't that be enough?
I love the "free, free, free.....save $10 its free" crap.
I know yrs ago I did a "free scan" for stop sign. It took me weeks before I got that crap out of my computer.
So my question. Is there anything a guy should be doing other then updates?

IndyGunFreak
10-30-2010, 20:23
If your PC is running properly, I wouldn't worry about it.