Do you pick up strange loaded cartridges? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Do you pick up strange loaded cartridges?

njl
10-31-2010, 18:02
It always seemed risky to me that some of the other RSOs at the GSSF matches would happily pick up any loaded cartridge they found. My policy always was, unless I loaded it, or I know it's factory, I don't want it. I don't know how it was loaded, if it's safe to shoot, etc.

It finally occurred to me recently, these loaded cartridges I've been ignoring are free primed brass. I've started bringing them home, pulling them apart in the impact bullet puller, and then dumping the powder into my bottle of "junk/mixed smokeless" that I keep in one of the bench drawers.

My pistol loads are all pretty mild, so I figure worst case, I might get a piece with a magnum primer and it'll make little or no difference, though I think that's pretty unlikely anyway.

GioaJack
10-31-2010, 18:13
I'm curious as to why you would keep the old powder, especially in a jar. You may certainly know something I don't but I just can't figure out any upside to that.

It would seem that pulling a few bullets then flushing the powder down the john would be the easiest thing to do.

Other than that you're smart to keep the brass even if you don't load that caliber... yet.

Jack

ravenkeeper98
10-31-2010, 18:27
I'm curious as to why you would keep the old powder, especially in a jar. You may certainly know something I don't but I just can't figure out any upside to that.

Jack

Collect it, then spread it out in your yard, great fertilizer.

RedHaze
10-31-2010, 18:31
Or use it to start a hillbilly bbq... 8)

shotgunred
10-31-2010, 18:35
Just light it on fire. without a bullet to make pressure smokeless powder is rather boring when burning.

GioaJack
10-31-2010, 18:38
Collect it, then spread it out in your yard, great fertilizer.

I would think that unless you have a really, really small lawn it's going to take a lot of picked up rounds to make a difference.

Wait, wait... you could end up with the plushest Chia Pet in town! :dunno:

Jack

njl
10-31-2010, 18:42
Just light it on fire. without a bullet to make pressure smokeless powder is rather boring when burning.

I've seen it done (actually, seen both black powder and smokeless lit without containment/pressure). Black goes up in a flash. Smokeless just sits there burning. At some point, I plan to do it myself (with smokeless) which is one of the reasons I keep a junk/mixed powder bottle.

sicbstrd
10-31-2010, 19:01
i pick up live rounds at my range all the time. Still i dont know why so many people just leave them behind. i pick em up, pull them, resize them and reload them.

i take the powder and weigh it for fun and see if i can guess what kind of powder it is before tossing it into my iceplant.

AA#5
10-31-2010, 19:08
It always seemed risky to me that some of the other RSOs at the GSSF matches would happily pick up any loaded cartridge they found. My policy always was, unless I loaded it, or I know it's factory, I don't want it. I don't know how it was loaded, if it's safe to shoot, etc.

It finally occurred to me recently, these loaded cartridges I've been ignoring are free primed brass. I've started bringing them home, pulling them apart in the impact bullet puller, and then dumping the powder into my bottle of "junk/mixed smokeless" that I keep in one of the bench drawers.

My pistol loads are all pretty mild, so I figure worst case, I might get a piece with a magnum primer and it'll make little or no difference, though I think that's pretty unlikely anyway.

I was just going to suggest that if you're a handloader, pull the rounds & use the bullets & brass. NOT the powder. The powder is great fertilizer. Spread it on a wet lawn or other plants or just flush it.

OkieGunNut
10-31-2010, 19:21
I'll tell you why I use the pulled powder. Because I label it as 'mixed pistol powder" and treat it as a fast powder. Loaded, and shot, several thousand rounds with it.
It's all about knowing what you are doing. Brain surgery is easy if you know how.
I learned from my parents (Great depression kids) "Waste not, want not." I like hearing a penny scream.

ravenkeeper98
10-31-2010, 20:10
Wait, wait... you could end up with the plushest Chia Pet in town! :dunno:

Jack

You mean something like this?
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a292/ravenkeeper98/1027102025a.jpg

ron59
10-31-2010, 20:50
I'll tell you why I use the pulled powder. Because I label it as 'mixed pistol powder" and treat it as a fast powder. Loaded, and shot, several thousand rounds with it.
It's all about knowing what you are doing. Brain surgery is easy if you know how.
I learned from my parents (Great depression kids) "Waste not, want not." I like hearing a penny scream.

This is nothing but bad news here.:whistling:

Kids, don't try this at home.

OkieGunNut
10-31-2010, 21:50
"Kids, don't try this at home."

I agree. Children should not engage in adult activities. And others should recognize their limitations and refrain likewise. Anything else you'd like to say, Son?

ron59
11-01-2010, 04:44

I agree. Children should not engage in adult activities. And others should recognize their limitations and refrain likewise. Anything else you'd like to say, Son?

1) I'm 51, and certainly not *your* "Son"

2) I think if others had seen your "idea" to mix and match various powders and re-use it, you'd see nothing but scorn from them as well. Maybe you could start a thread about that and see what kind of response you'd get? My guess? Not *one* person would agree with you that is a safe/smart procedure.

Call yourself an "adult" all you want, I'm thinking you have onset Dementia.

OkieGunNut
11-01-2010, 08:37
51? Sorry Ron you're still my junior. But that's not the point. You come on here and give me a backhanded insult and expect me to lay down. It ain't happening.

And it's obvious that my knowledge and experience level is far more than yours or you would not have posted what you did. Unless you just wanted to stir the pot.

Just remember Ron: "You don't want any, don't start any."

ilgunguygt
11-01-2010, 08:59

51? Sorry Ron you're still my junior. But that's not the point. You come on here and give me a backhanded insult and expect me to lay down. It ain't happening.

And it's obvious that my knowledge and experience level is far more than yours or you would not have posted what you did. Unless you just wanted to stir the pot.

Just remember Ron: "You don't want any, don't start any."
You know, this forum gets along fine without an E-Thug running around talking smack. I don't care how damn old you are, you are immature and your posts show it. Mixing powders you dont even know and loading them isnt stupid, its retarded. Bragging about it on the web is beyond retarded. Acting like its safe proves you are retarded.

fredj338
11-01-2010, 09:31
Sure you could do that, you can also drive over 90 w/o seatbelt, spit chewing tebakie into the wind, etc, but I would not attempt either w/o good cause. Being cheap is fine, being foolish is fine, being foolish because you are cheap, well.:dunno: WHen you mix powders you alter their pressure curve & burn characteristics. You are certainly guessing what will happen everytime you pull the trigger. Just because you get away w/ it doesn't mean it's a good idea.
FWIW, I have been loading for decades, 100s of 1000s of rounds. I am "knock on wood", proud to say I have never had a KB of any kind. This includes working w/ several unknown wildcat rounds, so I DO know a bit about how to safely assemble ammo w/o pressure equip. Mixing two powders in know quantities can be useful tool. Mixing whatever & ptting a primer to it is just kins creepy. Maybe in such a ulta low vel level as to preclude any pressure, maybe, but then an airsoft might be a better tool for the really cheap shooter.

lethal tupperwa
11-01-2010, 10:02
Fred thank you for your assessment of the Dangerous practice suggested earlier in the thread.

Someone that knows as little about reloading as the poster might be temped to follow the

crackpot internet suggestion, with unhealthy results.

It is like saying "you don't need a parachute to sky dive."

Which may be true but you do need a parachute if you want to sky dive twice.

GioaJack
11-01-2010, 10:03
HEY LOOK! There's a bear walking across the pasture... think I'll go out and poke it with a stick just to see what happens.

Maybe it'll either drop dead or run away... or maybe not. :popcorn:

Jack

ilgunguygt
11-01-2010, 10:18
all you have to do is look at the posters other posts to see that this is an ongoing personality flaw.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1275492
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1259527

Some people are just naturally offensive. Like my Daddy used to say "They had to tie a pork chop around his neck just to get the dog to play with him."

Fred thank you for your assessment of the Dangerous practice suggested earlier in the thread.

Someone that knows as little about reloading as the poster might be temped to follow the

crackpot internet suggestion, with unhealthy results.

It is like saying "you don't need a parachute to sky dive."

Which may be true but you do need a parachute if you want to sky dive twice.
Contrary to common belief, its not the fall that kills you. Its the sudden stop at the end.

El_Ron1
11-01-2010, 10:31
I'm curious as to why you would keep the old powder, especially in a jar.

How else you gonna get a pound of WTF?

IndyGunFreak
11-01-2010, 10:33

Wow.... I've been called cheap many times, but a few lbs of powder is typically cheaper than even my cheapest firearm.

IGF

El_Ron1
11-01-2010, 10:44
http://www.picvault.info/images/537108205_pulled%20powder%20motivator.jpg

XDRoX
11-01-2010, 10:51
http://www.picvault.info/images/537108205_pulled%20powder%20motivator.jpg

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

GioaJack
11-01-2010, 10:52
How the hell do you guys figure out how to do all this neat stuff with a computer... I can't even figure out how to play solitaire? :crying:

Maybe I need to mix my computer with my 'Pong' game and see what I come up with.

Jack

XDRoX
11-01-2010, 10:54
OkieGunNut as a child:
http://outhouserag.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/badmom.JPG

ilgunguygt
11-01-2010, 11:02
I see this thread going places.

ilgunguygt
11-01-2010, 11:09
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m417/ljnowell/44magTikB.jpg

ilgunguygt
11-01-2010, 11:10
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m417/ljnowell/1911blown.jpg

ilgunguygt
11-01-2010, 11:10
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m417/ljnowell/bfr-kb.jpg

ilgunguygt
11-01-2010, 11:11
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m417/ljnowell/bisley2-kb.jpg

XDRoX
11-01-2010, 11:12
How else you gonna get a pound of WTF?

http://members.cox.net/chrismosteller/385816.jpg

GioaJack
11-01-2010, 11:13
XDRoX aren't you supposed to be busy teaching all those little mush minds? :dunno:

Jack

ilgunguygt
11-01-2010, 11:15
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m417/ljnowell/kbHKTAC45.jpg

OkieGunNut
11-01-2010, 11:20
That's fine, yuk it up. Doesn't change the truth. The fact that you felt the need to criticize what you don't understand and have no experience with ( as opposed to many years of experience with) says alot about you. Let's see now, did I advocate said practice? The answer is, no, I did not. I stated what I do and if you're not smart enough to understand the difference then I doubt there is anything I can do to help you. So I will play in my sandbox and you play in yours; but, if you throw sand at me, I will throw it back at you. I think that's fair, don't you?

IndyGunFreak
11-01-2010, 11:23

Now that is funny!

XDRoX
11-01-2010, 11:28
XDRoX aren't you supposed to be busy teaching all those little mush minds? :dunno:

Jack

It's my break period.:supergrin:

XDRoX
11-01-2010, 11:30
That's fine, yuk it up. Doesn't change the truth. The fact that you felt the need to criticize what you don't understand and have no experience with ( as opposed to many years of experience with) says alot about you. Let's see now, did I advocate said practice? The answer is, no, I did not. I stated what I do and if you're not smart enough to understand the difference then I doubt there is anything I can do to help you. So I will play in my sandbox and you play in yours; but, if you throw sand at me, I will throw it back at you. I think that's fair, don't you?

We're just having fun with you:supergrin:

Are you the guy that posted that hard math problem a few months back about mixing powders?

Just found the thread, wasn't you, so nevermind.

Zombie Steve
11-01-2010, 11:31
I like packing a wheel weight down on about 7 grains of WTF and blasting away. It never gets boring.

gwalchmai
11-01-2010, 11:32
OkieGunNut as a child:
http://outhouserag.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/badmom.JPGKid has some issues putting that gun in his mouth with so many obviously preferable alternatives available...

GioaJack
11-01-2010, 11:34
Okie...:

Perhaps there is one point in this debate that you really haven't considered, that may, or may not have some bearing. I guess it depends on one's point of view.

You've stated that you've been loading for over forty years... good on ya. The loading world needs people with diverse experience to pass on their knowledge. However, with that experience and knowledge come responsibility.

You're not sitting in some hunting camp with a bunch of old school buddies rehashing the good old years or pooling your experiences and deciding to try something that is a bit less than mainstream, or the proven and accepted method.

Instead, you're posting on a loading forum intended to teach the young and uninformed how to embark on a career of loading in a safe and previously approved manner. Without trying to be insulting, the simple truth is many prospective loaders who visit this forum are only slightly above the level of being able to spell gun without being spotted the G and the N.

Although your motivation may indeed have been well meaning your comments about mixing unknown powders was totally irresponsible given the potentially tenuous environment. Perhaps comments, or suggestions such as those would be better suited for an audience of experienced and knowledgeable loaders rather than the uninformed and easily influenced.

Jack

gwalchmai
11-01-2010, 11:35
I think that if your sample size of WTF increases enough you'll reach a point where it will average and 5gr will be a safe starting point.

Or you'll blow up your gun.

El_Ron1
11-01-2010, 11:37
Which Lee dipper would that be, gwalchmai?

IndyGunFreak
11-01-2010, 11:38
I like packing a wheel weight down on about 7 grains of WTF and blasting away. It never gets boring.

:rofl:

This guy has used WTF powder w/ great results, and he saves money by not buying manuals!... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=98I1i8Toj8E

El_Ron1
11-01-2010, 11:46
A classic. :cool:

gwalchmai
11-01-2010, 11:47
Which Lee dipper would that be, gwalchmai?
The 5gr dipper.

OkieGunNut
11-01-2010, 11:53
Well Jack, I don't mind some good natured ribbing, been known to engage in some myself from time to time. However, I have always had little use for people who wanted to wallow in their ignorance. Picked that up from mom and dad too. Maybe also because where I grew up that could get you killed.
In any case the OP was referencing pistol ammo and in my post is a clue, for those willing to see it as to how to do it and have no problems. "Because I label it as 'mixed pistol powder" and treat it as a fast powder." Treat it as a fast powder. The actual burning rate will always be the same as or slower than a "fast" (TG,BE,TW,etc.) powder. It is quite simple actually.

fredj338
11-01-2010, 13:31
OkieGunNut as a child:
http://outhouserag.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/badmom.JPG
Ok Chris, that one is a little over the top. That person should have their guns taken away from them, that one is just wrong on so many levels.

fredj338
11-01-2010, 13:35
Treat it as a fast powder. The actual burning rate will always be the same as or slower than a "fast" (TG,BE,TW,etc.) powder. It is quite simple actually.
This is a guess & you shoud know that. BE, TG are not exact so how possibly could mixing a bunch of stuff make them "exact"? Load TG using BE data & you could have an issue. Again, loading mousefart loads, maybe, anything can be made to go bang. At least put a huge disclaimer after such a statement. There are shows like JackAss where people do all kinds of foolish things, & sometimes they get away w/ it. Calling it simple & safe though is a huge stretch IMHO.:whistling: I know guts that load off the books & say it's safe because their gun hasn't come aprt, yet.:upeyes:

XDRoX
11-01-2010, 13:41
Ok Chris, that one is a little over the top. That person should have their guns taken away from them, that one is just wrong on so many levels.

Ya, I googled Darwin Award and that's the first thing that come up. I assume the gun is fake, which still doesn't make it right:dunno:

ron59
11-01-2010, 13:48
Again, loading mousefart laods, maybe, anything can be made to go bang. At least put a huge disclaimer after such a statement.

I agree, especially since we weren't talking about WHICH pistol loads we were talking about.

.38 in a revolver? Probably could load some mousefart loads and be "okay".

A high pressure round like .40? In a semi-auto? Maybe get something shootable, *maybe* have an issue.

The fact that you didn't say "This is what I do, but I wouldn't advise it for newbies", but instead jumped on me like I was an idiot when I questioned the practice. Yet I haven't read ONE other person who thinks it's a good idea.

But I am glad to see a bunch of OTHERS chime in and say "Bad idea".

So let me run some numbers:

The number of people who think "mixed powder is okay"

The number of people who think "WTF?"
Everybody else

Throw all the sand you want, Okie... but you could make a point without being such a jerk about it.

Boxerglocker
11-01-2010, 13:48
Well Jack, I don't mind some good natured ribbing, been known to engage in some myself from time to time. However, I have always had little use for people who wanted to wallow in their ignorance. Picked that up from mom and dad too. Maybe also because where I grew up that could get you killed.
In any case the OP was referencing pistol ammo and in my post is a clue, for those willing to see it as to how to do it and have no problems. "Because I label it as 'mixed pistol powder" and treat it as a fast powder." Treat it as a fast powder. The actual burning rate will always be the same as or slower than a "fast" (TG,BE,TW,etc.) powder. It is quite simple actually.

I've carefully read every post in this thread. I understand what you are doing and though I don't necessarily agree with it. However, do consider that your method errors to the safe side considering your mixed batch of powder as a "ubber" fast. Though chemically there could still be an issue with mixing the unknowns.
Never the less, it is not a practice that should be condoned by any means. Especially to the new “internet only” reloader. I can guarantee that this thread alone will be passed on by word of mouth and electronic forwarding it will be construed as…. “Hey I read on the internet you can use that powder for machine gun ammo, just fill the case!!!”
I collect unfired cases all the time at matches and the range, probably have a couple dozen right now sitting in my bench drawer ready to pull. I disassemble then for the brass and keep the caliber heads that I’m familiar with for a plinking round later down the line. The powder gets tossed…
How much powder do you actually collect from how many cases that have picked up? To save enough to make loading a batch of 50 rounds of anything with your “WTF” Powder X, is it even worthwhile? Do you consider it to be a 0.5 variance for example as in TG with 9mm or something else? Mixing powders is a documented rule in just about every manual out there. It shouldn’t be done, if I did do it I certainly wouldn’t brag about it and use my age as a excuse for going against the status quote.
I’ll be honest when I read you posts the first opinion that popped up in my head is “WTF?! How a cheap can an old, the old fart get?!” :rofl:
With my peace said, I’ll echo the words above…. “new reloaders don’t try this at home… not a safe practice alone regardless of the side you error on. Okie, if it’s really that tight we can put a collection together to send a pound of powder for your loss comings in stopping you “WTF” powder practice. Just would not want to hear of you getting hurt.
Respectfully,
Boxerglocker

ron59
11-01-2010, 13:52
“WTF?! How a cheap can an old the old fart get?!”

Hey Boxer... can you translate the above sentence for me ?

Boxerglocker
11-01-2010, 13:58
Hey Boxer... can you translate the above sentence for me ?

What can I say?! :dunno: I was so shocked :shocked: .... I stuttered! :phew:

PhantomF4E
11-01-2010, 14:37
Like mixing bleach and Ammonia for a hi-powered window cleaner. Ahhhhhhh I love the smell of mustard gas in the morning..... But I digress. Maybe if I was scrounging through the rubble of a post nuclear apocalyptic, zombie infested lands, with rabid 200 pound mutant tree squrriels and I needed powder to reload my caliber to fend off the ghouls, and the super nutters. But it would be in a make shift mount with me hiding behind the walls the mythbusters use and pulling a long string attached to the trigger... I may be dumb but i'm not stoopid. But then again since that's not happening and I don't have the room to store homebrew powder. It's going down the Sh***r, or feedin the plants. And i'm off to the store to buy some fresh clean non apocalyptic powder for my reloads. I love creativity but I have limits. As my CO used to say "Govern yourselves accordingly"

Zombie Steve
11-01-2010, 14:53
Does it meter well? That's all I want to know.

XDRoX
11-01-2010, 14:59

Some of it.

ron59
11-01-2010, 15:11

The "Unique" part keeps getting hung up. Or so I've heard.... :supergrin:

OkieGunNut
11-01-2010, 15:22
You guys are a HOOT! It's like tossing a mouse into a bunch of old women. I guess it is good that you weren't around when we broke the sound barrier or went to the moon or any one of a bunch of other things that everyone "just knew" couldn't possibly be done, much less safely. I'll leave you alone to get your dresses back in order.

EL_NinO619
11-01-2010, 15:28
You guys are a HOOT! It's like tossing a mouse into a bunch of old women. I guess it is good that you weren't around when we broke the sound barrier or went to the moon or any one of a bunch of other things that everyone "just knew" couldn't possibly be done, much less safely. I'll leave you alone to get your dresses back in order.

WoW i am surprised you still have fingers to type. Or maybe you use that cool straw thing like this guy..:dunno:http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/china/2006-06/21/xin_3606032117062772805318.jpg

ron59
11-01-2010, 15:30
I guess it is good that you weren't around when we broke the sound barrier or went to the moon or any one of a bunch of other things that everyone "just knew" couldn't possibly be done, much less safely.

Hey Nut.... (Yeah, I know your handle is OkieGunNut, but I'm just gonna run with "nut", that okay with you?). Anyway... Don't "include" yourself in with those guys. THOSE guys used science. Not the old "Hey, hold my beer and watch what **I** can do!!" brand of getting stuff done.

DON'T LEAVE!!!

We're just starting to have fun!

Quick... say something ELSE !!

[Edit: I just re-read my post... the SCIENCE comparison statement reminds me of the old presidential debate: "Senator, I served with Jack Kennedy, I knew Jack Kennedy, Jack Kennedy was a friend of mine. Senator, you're no Jack Kennedy". I would change that to: "OkieGunNut, you're no 60's rocket scientist!".

XDRoX
11-01-2010, 15:33

It's been a slow Monday. Your post added some excitement to GTR. If we haven't scared you off completely, you'll begin to see, that most of us are just here to have a good time and learn. We bust each others balls, but we forget about it the next day.

Hey Okie, check out my new avatar:tongueout:

El_Ron1
11-01-2010, 15:34
You're gonna get too close to the edge of the Earth an' fall off!

GioaJack
11-01-2010, 15:41
Hey, guys, how 'bout that new super-dooper Lee FCD... anyone know anything about it? Did a forum search, can't find any reference what-so-ever. :couch:

Jack

ilgunguygt
11-01-2010, 15:46
Hey, guys, how 'bout that new super-dooper Lee FCD... anyone know anything about it? Did a forum search, can't find any reference what-so-ever. :couch:

Jack
Jack, I thought by this time you would know!

The first rule of the Lee FCD is............we dont talk about the Lee FCD.

coondog22554
11-01-2010, 15:52
Some of it.

You have to put it in a blender and "puree" for two minutes. :whistling:

Boxerglocker
11-01-2010, 15:52

I'm still waiting for answers for my legitimate questions? Calibers... presssure range... weight varience min-max... velocities...
I wasn't around the sound barrier and too young when we landed on the moon. I have traveled the speed on sound and beyond on more than one occassion. I have worked on certain segments of the military defence program for aerospace propulsion and flight control design, so if you want to compare resumes... be my guest.

ron59
11-01-2010, 15:57
Jack, I thought by this time you would know!

The first rule of the Lee FCD is............we dont talk about the Lee FCD.

I think good 'ole Jack is trying to step in and slow the "abuse" down we've been heaping on Okie. Jack is good about being a mediator like that. I just couldn't resist a couple more cracks since I was the one Okie started in on.

My bad.

I'm going to try to go to my corner and behave for the rest of the evening. BUT!!! Everytime I look at my signature line for awhile, I will just smile, and smile, and smile.

ron59
11-01-2010, 16:08
I'm still waiting for answers for my legitimate questions? Calibers... presssure range... weight varience min-max... velocities...
I wasn't around the sound barrier and too young when we landed on the moon. I have traveled the speed on sound and beyond on more than one occassion. I have worked on certain segments of the military defence program for aerospace propulsion and flight control design, so if you want to compare resumes... be my guest.

Look at the last sentence of mine on post #61. So basically you're saying pretty much what I said there? :rofl:

Boxerglocker
11-01-2010, 16:17
Look at the last sentence of mine on post #61. So basically you're saying pretty much what I said there? :rofl:

Pretty much, though I do have a great means of comparision... My ex-wife was a "rocket scientist" mechanical engineering degree at MIT, and one of her first jobs was as a rocket propulsion engineer for Honeywell.

OkieGunNut
11-01-2010, 16:50
"If we haven't scared you off completely, you'll begin to see, that most of us are just here to have a good time and learn."

I don't scare easily. Hell, compared to what I put up with five days a week, you all wouldn't even be a good opening act. It is painful to see some wallow in their ignorance; as I mentioned before; but, I'll get over it.

dudel
11-01-2010, 16:50
If it's caliber I shoot, why not? It's a piece of primed brass and possibly a projectile I can use.

GioaJack
11-01-2010, 16:51
Pretty much, though I do have a great means of comparision... My ex-wife was a "rocket scientist" mechanical engineering degree at MIT, and one of her first jobs was as a rocket propulsion engineer for Honeywell.

Never marry a highly intelligent woman... you'll get shafted every time.

My problem is it turns out they're all smarter than me. :crying:

Jack

IndyGunFreak
11-01-2010, 16:53
Never marry a highly intelligent woman... you'll get shafted every time.

My problem is it turns out they're all smarter than me. :crying:

Jack

Jack...

Unfortunately to find a wife of your intelligence level, you'd get arrested for hitting on the girls at Head Start... ;)

:wavey:

IGF

GioaJack
11-01-2010, 17:08
Jack...

Unfortunately to find a wife of your intelligence level, you'd get arrested for hitting on the girls at Head Start... ;)

:wavey:

IGF

To quote your fellow Indiana flatlander slug...

THAT'S IT, I AIN'T NEVER POSTIN' HERE AGAIN!!!

(What is this Head Start thing you speak of and where can I find these women? :whistling:

Jack

fredj338
11-01-2010, 17:29
Please Okie, don't put hero status upon yourself for getting away w/ something foolish. Again, take in an episode of JackAss & tell me they are pioneers or heros for trying something others won't. Nope, foolish men doing foolish things.:upeyes: I certainly wouldn't say I have never been one, but I certainly don't brag about it.:dunno:

IndyGunFreak
11-01-2010, 17:32

It should it's a flattened round coarse flake ball powder ;)

IGF

IndyGunFreak
11-01-2010, 17:34
Please Okie, don't put hero status upon yourself for getting away w/ something foolish. Again, take in an episode of JackAss & tell me they are pioneers or heros for trying something others won't. Nope, foolish men doing foolish things.:upeyes: I certainly wouldn't say I have never been one, but I certainly don't brag about it.:dunno:

Only thing is... he probably won't get rich hurting himself.. ;)

IGF

cohutt
11-01-2010, 18:14
Duplex loads
Triplex loads
Ign'ant loads

El_Ron1
11-01-2010, 18:21
The Jackass shopping cart things are pretty cool.

gwalchmai
11-01-2010, 18:27
And you can't start off with super small loads 'cause they'll detonate. I read a post by someone who knew someone who said he heard of it happening once.

And BTW, I don't limit my WTF to pistol powder. Everthing goes in the the WTF bottle - pistol, rifle, shotgun, you name it.

Bob2223
11-01-2010, 18:28
OK I just read this whole thread and the best post was the can of Win WTF !

Bob

Bob2223
11-01-2010, 18:31
to quote your fellow indiana flatlander slug...

Jack

that's it, i ain't never postin' here again!!!

OkieGunNut
11-01-2010, 18:45
"Please Okie, don't put hero status upon yourself for getting away w/ something foolish. Again, take in an episode of JackAss & tell me they are pioneers or heros for trying something others won't. Nope, foolish men doing foolish things.:upeyes: I certainly wouldn't say I have never been one, but I certainly don't brag about it."

Fred, Fred, Fred. First off I don't remember bragging about anything. I remember telling what I do. And if you can do it, "It ain't bragging". Just saying.

Glockdude1
11-01-2010, 18:48
I pick them up. I just keep them.

:cool:

nostradumass
11-01-2010, 18:52
Did some drugs I found in the park one time. Woke up three days later in Florida. :embarassed:

PhantomF4E
11-01-2010, 18:53
Like Jack said about the women. I think I would rather mix unknown powders, it's safer.... cheaper too. Even with a trip to the emergency room. I like the humor here. Yes scarcasm, even cruel, can be humorous. It's all in good fun.(most of it anyway) Illustrate the absurd with absurdity. Maybe we can all learn from the wisdom and mistakes of others. Okie what you are doing is magnitudes safer than what our current administration is doing to our Constitution. So if it works for you , God watch over you , and use a friggin strong and well built gun. Blast away. I'm sure the Colonials mixed up a bit of powder themselves blasting musket balls through the Redcoat ranks. Who knows the way things are going we may be coming to you in a few years beggin for some of the good stuff ! Until then I believe I will stick to the safer side of the reloading guides. I'm too pretty to blow my face up, got a few more good years before that goes!!!!!

EL_NinO619
11-01-2010, 19:00
I can't believe this is already on page 4...

ilgunguygt
11-01-2010, 19:17
I bet we can post whore it out to five pages!

IndyGunFreak
11-01-2010, 19:22

Change your user settings.. it's only on Page 3 for me.. ;)

Zombie Steve
11-01-2010, 19:22
Easy.

ron59
11-01-2010, 19:27
This thread went from "nowhere" to EPIC, all in the space of less than 12 hours.

From post-apocalyptic zombies, to rocket scientists, to a jug of WTF, now an avatar.

I had to show the wife some of this stuff.... hilarious.

Hey Okie... promise you'll never go away. We'll need more material for the NEXT epic thread !

Glock2008
11-01-2010, 19:35
So, after reading this thread I have one question. Can WTF be used to load .50 BMG, or is it limited to pistol use only?

XDRoX
11-01-2010, 19:41
So, after reading this thread I have one question. Can WTF be used to load .50 BMG, or is it limited to pistol use only?

We still don't know what you can load WTF with. Okie hasn't shared yet. My guess is 38spl out of a 2" barrel that barely makes it out of the barrel and doesn't have enough momentum to knock over a bowling pin:rofl:

Laramie In MT
11-01-2010, 19:44
Round here...our defensive carry loads are once fired cases that we drag through a can of WTF until the case is full. We call it the "Montana Scoop".

Zombie Steve
11-01-2010, 20:06
Round here...our defensive carry loads are once fired cases that we drag through a can of WTF until the case is full. We call it the "Montana Scoop".

Yep... sounds like how my father in law reloads.

ilgunguygt
11-01-2010, 20:20
You are gonna kill yourself! If you read the instructions for WTF you would know, that like Trailboss, it requires a near 100% load density, but cannot be compressed. It goes from soft shooting to thermonuclear immediately. In fact, most people don't know this but WTF is the powder used by Norma in the 10mm loadings. Thats what gives it its nearly apocalyptic powers.

OkieGunNut
11-01-2010, 22:29
"We still don't know what you can load WTF with. Okie hasn't shared yet."

XDRoX you were having too much fun and not taking notes. Load it as you would any fast pistol powder. Of course advertisers will tell you that a person has to be told around a dozen times before the message gets through. So I will only have to post it how many more times? But, I don't want it to be said that I am advocating so that might not be a good idea. It's an option, do with it what you will.

fredj338
11-01-2010, 22:41
"Please Okie, don't put hero status upon yourself for getting away w/ something foolish. Again, take in an episode of JackAss & tell me they are pioneers or heros for trying something others won't. Nope, foolish men doing foolish things.:upeyes: I certainly wouldn't say I have never been one, but I certainly don't brag about it."

Fred, Fred, Fred. First off I don't remember bragging about anything. I remember telling what I do. And if you can do it, "It ain't bragging". Just saying.
Okie, Okie, Okie, I know a guy once that ****ed some whores in Africa & did not get aids. Smart, no, did he do it, sure, live to tell, so far. Yes, you were comparing your foolish reloading technique to guys that are considered heros by most, accomplishing something grand in the process. Hmm, me thinks not. Again foolish people doing foolish things.:yawn: Really, 1000s & 1000s of rounds? I don't think I have every picked up even 100rds of live ammo in my entire life of shooting & that is quite a few trips down to the range in practice, competition & training.
I guess it is good that you weren't around when we broke the sound barrier or went to the moon or any one of a bunch of other things that everyone "just knew" couldn't possibly be done, much less safely.
So this is in the same league as JackAss video stuff? Hey, I watched guys light their farts on fire too, then one guy scorched the hell out of his nut sack. Yeah, he did that, doesn't even brag about it.

meleors
11-02-2010, 06:42

Hey! I heard from the gun store guy that this is what Walmart ammo is loaded with. Why do you think it's so much cheaper! :whistling:

OkieGunNut
11-02-2010, 14:39
Oh Fred, what are we going to do with you? I can't help it if you have trouble picking rounds up off the bench or ground. I'm sorry that you weren't given a bucket and a half of 9mm rounds that you could of pulled the bullets on, like I was 25years or so ago. It is really a shame that you don't have 5 one gallon containers sitting in your brass room full of loaded factory and reloaded rounds that were gathered off the ground and bench. Maybe we could pass around a collection plate for everyone to donate a few unwanted rounds for you. You seem to have a fixation on someone being a "braggart". Well, I think what you have is perhaps a case of self projection. Don't worry it can be cured. A little time and money and the Doc can make you good as new. I know that's a load off your chest, so just lay back and let old Doc fix you up.

Zombie Steve
11-02-2010, 14:45
Someone get that man a CRB hat.

ilgunguygt
11-02-2010, 14:46
Oh Fred, what are we going to do with you? I can't help it if you have trouble picking rounds up off the bench or ground. I'm sorry that you weren't given a bucket and a half of 9mm rounds that you could of pulled the bullets on, like I was 25years or so ago. It is really a shame that you don't have 5 one gallon containers sitting in your brass room full of loaded factory and reloaded rounds that were gathered off the ground and bench. Maybe we could pass around a collection plate for everyone to donate a few unwanted rounds for you. You seem to have a fixation on someone being a "braggart". Well, I think what you have is perhaps a case of self projection. Don't worry it can be cured. A little time and money and the Doc can make you good as new. I know that's a load off your chest, so just lay back and let old Doc fix you up.
You are priceless! I love reading your posts, sure to make some chuckle.:rofl:

cgarrett
11-02-2010, 14:59
I once dumped a hopper full of clays into a jar of varget. I didnt look at the label grabed the wrong jar. Besides being Pissed that I made such a big mistake. I poured it out in my back yard, and I had very nice spot of green grass where I poured it out.

fredj338
11-02-2010, 15:19
You seem to have a fixation on someone being a "braggart". Well, I think what you have is perhaps a case of self projection. Don't worry it can be cured. A little time and money and the Doc can make you good as new. I know that's a load off your chest, so just lay back and let old Doc fix you up.
I am not quite following that logic, but then I wasn't the one comparing myself to the astronauts. It's good that you have such luck finding such a treasure of junk rounds. Maybe the places I shoot, they just reload better ammo that fires w/ every trigger pull.:dunno: You may try to defame my character, but your practice is still foolish. You are the only one claiming it's perfectly safe, "just load it like BE", after all, all powders have the same burn rate right? Geeze, I love a good Darwin project. Inspite of yourself, you are likely to live a long life as God does treasure & protect fools & the mentally challenged.

ilgunguygt
11-02-2010, 15:34
God does treasure & protect fools & the mentally challenged.
Amen. As a mechanic I have taken apart tons of stuff that I couldnt believe worked at all or that it didnt kill someone. I learned at a young age in my uncles garage as he put it "God has pity on fools."

PhantomF4E
11-02-2010, 16:00
Geez honorable mention for post apocalyptic zombies but nothing on the Super Nutters? I thought that was magnitudes of absurdity over the absurd zombies. PS I would only post silly stuff like that on an absurd post. I hope the jests, jabs, pokes, and humor all point to the same place. This is your life, and possibly the lives of others you are playing with. Carry out your experimentation with great care.
Thanks Jack, for the comment about responsibility, that coins the hobby of reloading quite well. All it takes is a couple of basement blow-ups, or range mishaps to get the juices flowing in the anti's. Before you know it there is more regulation and more laws... And we don't need that !
This was a pretty serious / funny thread, but it might be time to bury it. Maybe not though , got a couple of real good laughs from it . My wife sees me laughing like a kid and says "your are on a gun forum? " then shakes her head.....

njl
11-02-2010, 16:24
Sort of back to the original topic...the latest loaded rounds I found were a 9mm FMJ in RP brass, and some .22WMR. I don't have a .22WMR yet, but since I don't think anyone reloads these, I think it's safe to assume they're factory.

The RP, looked awfully short, so I measured it. It's 1.109". I don't have any factory loaded RP...do they really load them that short? It's nice and shiny, and looks new. I haven't pulled the bullet yet, so I'm not sure what weight it is.

Boxerglocker
11-02-2010, 16:26

OMG!!! Put the wading boots on boys cause it sounds like its gonna pile high again.... I think Rickencrapper is back :faint:

ron59
11-02-2010, 16:34
I am not quite following that logic, but then I wasn't the one comparing myself to the astronauts. It's good that you have such luck finding such a treasure of junk rounds. Maybe the places I shoot, they just reload better ammo that fires w/ every trigger pull.:dunno: You may try to defame my character, but your practice is still foolish. You are the only one claiming it's perfectly safe, "just load it like BE", after all, all powders have the same burn rate right? Geeze, I love a good Darwin project. Inspite of yourself, you are likely to live a long life as God does treasure & protect fools & the mentally challenged.

I read Okie's posts, and then I read Fred's posts.

Brings to mind the old saying, "In a battle of wits with an unarmed man."

Go easy on him, Fred. :supergrin:

Okie. Dude. Go ahead and continue doing whatever it is you do. It's apparent we aren't going to be able to change your mind, don't care if we can't.

Here's the important point... most of us in this forum want to make sure that the MANY newbs we get here get *good* advice. Your "mixed powder" theory certainly doesn't fall into that realm, and thus the heaps of abuse. This is the second thread where you've "acted the jackass", and it really isn't going to get you too far around here.

You wanna be the village idiot, we'll let you wear the hat.

IndyGunFreak
11-02-2010, 17:34

Dude... YGBSM...

cohutt
11-02-2010, 17:57
Someone get that man a CRB hat.

http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m284/cohutt/misc016.jpg

dudel
11-02-2010, 18:07

I guess "Hey guys, hold my beer and watch this" are famous last works in Oklahoma as well as Alabama.:supergrin:

fredj338
11-02-2010, 18:27
Here's the important point... most of us in this forum want to make sure that the MANY newbs we get here get *good* advice. Your "mixed powder" theory certainly doesn't fall into that realm, and thus the heaps of abuse. This is the second thread where you've "acted the jackass", and it really isn't going to get you too far around here.

You wanna be the village idiot, we'll let you wear the hat.
I think we all hammered that thought home pretty well. Now time to smack down another six pack & go for a drive. After all, I've survived drinking & driving many, many times, so it must be safe right?:drunk:

gwalchmai
11-02-2010, 19:30
Some of you guys sure seem threatened by OGN's posts. Hey, if his proposal is as dangerous as you claim he'll learn a lesson soon enough. No need for all the insults.

I bet y'all would have a conniption if Clark was to come back... ;)

fredj338
11-02-2010, 20:42
Some of you guys sure seem threatened by OGN's posts. Hey, if his proposal is as dangerous as you claim he'll learn a lesson soon enough. No need for all the insults.

I bet y'all would have a conniption if Clark was to come back... ;)
I didn't think much of Clark either, another Darwin project & it's not that it's so scary, it's his attitude when called on the practice. I know guys that drink & drive all the time & get away with it, doesn't make it safe, doesn't mean the shouldn't take a verbal beating for throwing it out like it is or even in Okie's case, smoehow elevating it to adventure/hero status & we are all weak sisters for condeming it.:yawn: Sorry, just the way I see it.:dunno: Obviously free country & he'll evenetually run out of luck, all fools usually do, but to promote it as safe & sane, uh, nope.

Texas357
11-02-2010, 22:44
And here I was, waiting for the reportedly imminent release of GunKid.

gwalchmai
11-03-2010, 04:54
Somewhat related question - what about unknown milsurp powders? I know a lot of guys work up loads with them without having any data. Start out very light and work up using a chrono, but no pressure testing. Assuming the WTF is well-mixed I don't see that much difference between the two. Understand I'm not doing this myself, it's just an intellectual exercise. Crazy? Not crazy? ;)

coondog22554
11-03-2010, 06:51
Somewhat related question - what about unknown milsurp powders? I know a lot of guys work up loads with them without having any data. Start out very light and work up using a chrono, but no pressure testing. Assuming the WTF is well-mixed I don't see that much difference between the two. Understand I'm not doing this myself, it's just an intellectual exercise. Crazy? Not crazy? ;)

Maybe not so crazy?

What if you sifted the unknown powder through different size mesh screens (standard sieve sizes) which would leave you with similar density powders. This would prevent the smaller grains from settling to the bottom of the powder hopper as you are loading thus giving you a more consistent throw.
Then you could start light and work your way up. :supergrin:

Still too risky for me though. Holding lit firecrackers as a kid taught me about inconsistent burn rates.

Zombie Steve
11-03-2010, 08:17
I'll pay the two pennies per shot for Unique.

MyGunCulture
11-03-2010, 08:28
While I certainly understand the potential safety issues of using WTF powder in handgun loads, I've had pretty good luck using it as a shoulder launched missile propellant :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGf-sS4js5Y

ron59
11-03-2010, 09:21
While I certainly understand the potential safety issues of using WTF powder in handgun loads, I've had pretty good luck using it as a shoulder launched missile propellant :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGf-sS4js5Y

Those French. :rofl:

OkieGunNut
11-03-2010, 09:38
Last night my wife, bless her soul, told me to leave you guys alone. So I gave you a rest. Today is another day.
"I read Okie's posts, and then I read Fred's posts.
Go easy on him, Fred."
Now Ronnie, my boy, (that's figurative not literal Ronnie) you act like the kid that starts something and, when he gets his ass handed to him, he goes and gets his big brother. Only thing is, big brother can't handle it either. So sad. So, Ronnie, go find yourself another champion. Oh yeah, I must have missed the memo making you the arbiter of who gets to say what is the truth on the forum. So, if you have been promoted to wearing long pants, get back with me. Until next time.

El_Ron1
11-03-2010, 09:58
I'll pay the two pennies per shot for Unique.That's insane! If I ever got anywhere near that for common handgun rounds, I'd be sweepin', vacuumin' and snortin' up WTF like a departing Democrat pillaging congressional souvenirs! Not to mention raking up the unburned powder at the firing line.

Get help, ZS!

ilgunguygt
11-03-2010, 10:01
Last night my wife, bless her soul, told me to leave you guys alone. So I gave you a rest. Today is another day.
Go easy on him, Fred."
Now Ronnie, my boy, (that's figurative not literal Ronnie) you act like the kid that starts something and, when he gets his ass handed to him, he goes and gets his big brother. Only thing is, big brother can't handle it either. So sad. So, Ronnie, go find yourself another champion. Oh yeah, I must have missed the memo making you the arbiter of who gets to say what is the truth on the forum. So, if you have been promoted to wearing long pants, get back with me. Until next time.
Such a tough guy. :rofl:

You are good entertainment though. Keep posting, our lives are boring.

ron59
11-03-2010, 10:11
Go easy on him, Fred."

I'm the first one who called you down for suggesting something asinine, and I haven't backed off yet. I find it funny that only in recent posts you "backed down" and said "you're not advocating that others do it", but when I alluded that others SHOULDN'T do it, it sure got your attention. And that's what has started 6 pages of bickering.

Had you THEN said, "okay, maybe not the wisest idea" or something, we wouldn't be where we are today. Apparently you have more pride than common sense. Whatever man.

I think *you* are the internet "bully" here. I've posted some pics which I think are appropriate.

El_Ron1
11-03-2010, 10:18
Such contentious and acrimonious rancor...

GioaJack
11-03-2010, 10:37
Such contentious and acrimonious rancor...

Quit using such big words... those guys from Indiana have no idea what you're talking about. :dunno:

Jack

Zombie Steve
11-03-2010, 10:54
That's insane! If I ever got anywhere near that for common handgun rounds, I'd be sweepin', vacuumin' and snortin' up WTF like a departing Democrat pillaging congressional souvenirs! Not to mention raking up the unburned powder at the firing line.

Get help, ZS!

http://scioly.org/users/darksabre/panic.gif

I rounded up using my high powered sales math. :cool:

If I was worried about it, I'd shoot 9mm. :whistling:

El_Ron1
11-03-2010, 11:13
I knew my house was worth more!

Zombie Steve
11-03-2010, 11:37
The custom grape vines painted up the kitchen wall make it worth at least $40,000 more.

Bob2223
11-03-2010, 12:04
Quit using such big words... those guys from Indiana have no idea what you're talking about.

:fred:
Jack

:okie:

Bob

fredj338
11-03-2010, 13:28
Well mixed what? At least w/ surplus powder, you have an approx burn range. Mixing Tg, BE, Unique, blah, blah, you have no frickin idea what you have. Can it be done sure, should it be done, not w/o good reason. Beacause you are a cheap SOB, not a good reason IMO, but hey, what do I know, I live in Kalif.:dunno: If I had to make ammo like the Taliban during their Russian campaign, sure, gotta do what yo gotta do, but you have bigger things to worry about then. Again, it's Okie's attitude that is more the issue. He should recognize what he is doing & at least put a disclaimer that this is an unsafe technique & not one that everyone should try. Only those w/ the temerity of an astronaut should go forth.:upeyes:

ilgunguygt
11-03-2010, 13:54
Page 6!! I'm starting to smell blood!
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m417/ljnowell/Gunclosed.jpg
http://i334.photobucket.com/albums/m417/ljnowell/100_0789.jpg

ron59
11-03-2010, 13:56
Again, it's Okie's attitude that is more the issue. He should recognize what he is doing & at least put a disclaimer that this is an unsafe technique & not one that everyone should try. Only those w/ the temerity of an astronaut should go forth.:upeyes:

Agreed about the attitude part.

Oh, in a RECENT post, he said "I don't advocate it" (doing the mixed powder thing). However when I called him on it first thing, he sure got defensive. And has been pissy ever since.

The guy vacillates faster than two ADHD kids on a teeter-totter.

Zombie Steve
11-03-2010, 13:56
I vote cage match.

IndyGunFreak
11-03-2010, 13:59
Quit using such big words... those guys from Indiana have no idea what you're talking about. :dunno:

Jack

Ah, but you're wrong... I was forced into 4yrs of freaking Latin in HS..lol. Don't really speak it all to well, but it done wonders for me recognizing words I don't understand, and occasionally, when I see one I don't know.. I can usually associate it w/ a Latin word, and figure out what it means.

So *USUALLY*.. you gotta wake up pretty early to get a word by me.. :)

IGF

gwalchmai
11-03-2010, 14:00
Well mixed what? At least w/ surplus powder, you have an approx burn range. Mixing Tg, BE, Unique, blah, blah, you have no frickin idea what you have. Can it be done sure, should it be done, not w/o good reason. Beacause you are a cheap SOB, not a good reason IMO, but hey, what do I know, I live in Kalif.:dunno: If I had to make ammo like the Taliban during their Russian campaign, sure, gotta do what yo gotta do, but you have bigger things to worry about then. Again, it's Okie's attitude that is more the issue. He should recognize what he is doing & at least put a disclaimer that this is an unsafe technique & not one that everyone should try. Only those w/ the temerity of an astronaut should go forth.:upeyes:Your neck muscles are showing through your keyboard there, Fred... ;)

I gotta admit, though, there is a flaw in my plan. There's no way to maintain a consistent mix in the powder, hence a possibility of wildly fluctuating burn rates. Dang.

lethal tupperwa
11-03-2010, 14:52
wonder how many of the KABOOMS were loaded with WTF?

El_Ron1
11-03-2010, 14:55
Not as many as with No. 5 and FC .40 S&W brass

dudel
11-03-2010, 16:20
I'm the first one who called you down for suggesting something asinine, and I haven't backed off yet..

Actually Ron (and Fred), I think Okie is just trolling, trying to get a rise. A quick review of his posts, shows he's got the skills of a newb. People here now know what experienced reloaders think; and what the newb thinks(?).

Some people are destined to remain newbs. I say warn those with a brain, who will listen, that Okie's process is not a wise nor recommended one.

As for the rest, Darwin's got a quota. It's nature's way of keeping the gene pool relatively clean.

You can lead a horse to water; but there's no need to push their head under.

EL_NinO619
11-03-2010, 16:37
:popcorn::nailbiting::fred:

El_Ron1
11-03-2010, 16:45
I still will never pay 2 cents a round for plinkin' ammo powder. :miff:

Kegs
11-03-2010, 16:47

It would seem that pulling a few bullets then flushing the powder down the john would be the easiest thing to do.

Other than that you're smart to keep the brass even if you don't load that caliber... yet.

Jack

I just mix 'em all together and cram as much as I can behind a 300 grain bullet and see how it goes. :supergrin:

What's really great about strange loads is that they add an extra happy flash to my mixed powder when I pull the bullet and dump the powder from it into my mixed powder batch. It's especially fun with big tarnished rifle rounds I find in the woods.

I call it the jungle juice load. It usually flies about 3,000 feet per second out of a 2" barrel.

RedHaze
11-03-2010, 17:07
This must be the source of all those mystery gunshow reloads that showed up during the last big ammo crunch.

nostradumass
11-03-2010, 17:14
Hey, did I tell yall I ordered a press....:supergrin:

gwalchmai
11-03-2010, 18:16
I just mix 'em all together and cram as much as I can behind a 300 grain bullet and see how it goes. :supergrin:

What's really great about strange loads is that they add an extra happy flash to my mixed powder when I pull the bullet and dump the powder from it into my mixed powder batch. It's especially fun with big tarnished rifle rounds I find in the woods.

I call it the jungle juice load. It usually flies about 3,000 feet per second out of a 2" barrel.I can dig it, man! I found a couple dozen copper-washed Mauser lookin' rounds in the brass bin last year. Berdan primed and just three straight lines and cyrillic characters for a headstamp. Into the WTF bottle they went! Hoo-Ahh! :supergrin: