putting my xl650 together today and.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : putting my xl650 together today and....

Bello
11-02-2010, 17:27
they didnt put the parts well nuts and bolts for my casefeed post WTF! so i called dillon and the guy asked me for my customer number and i told him i ordered from enos then the guy was like oh dang ok well whats the number. i laughed. then i told him i scoured the boxes like 3 times to triple check that i didnt have the parts and i let him know that and he made me look in the dillon book to give him the part numbers then i was like i cant believe dillon missed those parts. he then says to me "you mean the parts you probably overlooked! you should have better faith in our troops at dillon!" i wanted to call him an *******. but i was just like send em thanks. nice run on sentance ya?

BK63
11-02-2010, 17:33
Have a couple of beers and let us know how ya made out :supergrin:

GioaJack
11-02-2010, 17:34
Hey, look at the bright side, now you've got the time to watch the election results.

Jack

Bello
11-02-2010, 17:35
Hey, look at the bright side, now you've got the time to watch the election results.

Jack

i skipped work to vote :whistling:

GioaJack
11-02-2010, 17:38
i skipped work to vote :whistling:

Took you all day to decide? Typical flatlander. :supergrin:

Jack

Colorado4Wheel
11-02-2010, 17:38
they didnt put the parts well nuts and bolts for my casefeed post WTF! so i called dillon and the guy asked me for my customer number and i told him i ordered from enos then the guy was like oh dang ok well whats the number. i laughed. then i told him i scoured the boxes like 3 times to triple check that i didnt have the parts and i let him know that and he made me look in the dillon book to give him the part numbers then i was like i cant believe dillon missed those parts. he then says to me "you mean the parts you probably overlooked! you should have better faith in our troops at dillon!" i wanted to call him an *******. but i was just like send em thanks. nice run on sentance ya?

Let me introduce you to a "C"apital letter and a Period"."

Boxerglocker
11-02-2010, 17:48

EH...forget about it... ***** happens... I got all mine. :whistling:

GioaJack
11-02-2010, 18:08
Let me introduce you to a "C"apital letter and a Period"."

pUnCtUaTIoN nAZi.

Jack

WiskyT
11-02-2010, 18:17
wanted to call him an *******. but i was just like send em thanks.

You were going to give him some of that Jersey sweet talk but decided to hold off until the parts showed up:supergrin:

Colorado4Wheel
11-02-2010, 18:36
I tried to read it but lost my train of thought 1/2 way through.

Bello
11-02-2010, 18:59
You were going to give him some of that Jersey sweet talk but decided to hold off until the parts showed up:supergrin:

thats god damn right wisky! shoulda heard him when i said i ordered from enos almost sounded like he was pissed! :rofl:

p.s. c4w its a forum who cares!

p.p.s. now im jealous of you mitchell!

n2extrm
11-02-2010, 19:22
I love when somebody a thousand miles away tells you what you are seeing. I am willing to bet you tore those boxes up and back looking for those bolts. If you are really desperate you could probably get buy with a home depot run.

Good luck man, it sucks but they usually ship the stuff out pretty quick.

Bello
11-02-2010, 19:34
I love when somebody a thousand miles away tells you what you are seeing. I am willing to bet you tore those boxes up and back looking for those bolts. If you are really desperate you could probably get buy with a home depot run.

Good luck man, it sucks but they usually ship the stuff out pretty quick.

no biggy my redding dies are not in yet and i still have my ss press

GioaJack
11-02-2010, 19:50
Ya know, I had the same problem when I was setting up the 1050... after it tried to kill me that is.

Called Dillon with a question about the powder measure, just couldn't get it to seat properly. Explained what was happening, was told that what I described was impossible. Had the gentleman on speaker phone with my son-in-law standing right there, so I guess I wasn't imagining it.

After doing what the gentleman suggested, step by step and letting him actually hear the movement on the phone he opined that I probably had a defective measure and that he would send me a new one. Okay, no problem, that's good service.

When he asked if I had bought the machine new I advised him that it had just been delivered the previous Thursday... shipped from Dillon the Monday prior. I advised him that I had actually bought it from Enos.

I was advised that I had to have the Enos order number for him to look it up and ship the measure. I told him that the Enos number was on my computer which wasn't handy but that I did have the Dillon shipping invoice right in front of me and that it had a plethora of numbers on it. He insisted that I had to have the Enos number.

When I asked him if he could just look it up under my name I was told that it would be like 'looking for a needle in a haystack'. Pardon me... how many 1050's did they ship out on the previous Thursday to someone named Giampapa?

Rather than let my medications get the better of me I advised him that I'd call back later with the information. (Turns out that what he was telling me to do with the measure was the exact opposite of what I was supposed to be doing. My SIL and I finally figured it out.)

Several days later I had to call Dillon back because the case feeder quit working. Different experience entirely. Explained the problem, the gentleman explained that it was probably the microswitch. I advised him that I had my Enos number ready to give to him. Told me it wasn't necessary, he just needed my last name. Within five seconds he had it on the screen in front of him. I knew it was my account because he couldn't pronounce my first name. The gentleman couldn't have been more of a pleasure to deal with.

Guess the service you get pretty much depends on who answers the phone. Overall I've had good experiences with Dillon and I hesitate to take it too seriously just because someone might have been having a bad day.

(I think they purposely treated you shabbily because they knew you were a New Jersey flatlander. :whistling:)

Jack

Colorado4Wheel
11-02-2010, 19:51
thats god damn right wisky! shoulda heard him when i said i ordered from enos almost sounded like he was pissed! :rofl:

No one cares if I understand what you wrote on a forum. Not even my mother.

I would hope you care about how you write. At least just a little.

Of course I was mostly kidding because like I said this just isn't that important.

WiskyT
11-02-2010, 19:55
Ya know, I had the same problem when I was setting up the 1050... after it tried to kill me that is.

Called Dillon with a question about the powder measure, just couldn't get it to seat properly. Explained what was happening, was told that what I described was impossible. Had the gentleman on speaker phone with my son-in-law standing right there, so I guess I wasn't imagining it.

After doing what the gentleman suggested, step by step and letting him actually hear the movement on the phone he opined that I probably had a defective measure and that he would send me a new one. Okay, no problem, that's good service.

When he asked if I had bought the machine new I advised him that it had just been delivered the previous Thursday... shipped from Dillon the Monday prior. I advised him that I had actually bought it from Enos.

I was advised that I had to have the Enos order number for him to look it up and ship the measure. I told him that the Enos number was on my computer which wasn't handy but that I did have the Dillon shipping invoice right in front of me and that it had a plethora of numbers on it. He insisted that I had to have the Enos number.

When I asked him if he could just look it up under my name I was told that it would be like 'looking for a needle in a haystack'. Pardon me... how many 1050's did they ship out on the previous Thursday to someone named Giampapa?

Rather than let my medications get the better of me I advised him that I'd call back later with the information. (Turns out that what he was telling me to do with the measure was the exact opposite of what I was supposed to be doing. My SIL and I finally figured it out.)

Several days later I had to call Dillon back because the case feeder quit working. Different experience entirely. Explained the problem, the gentleman explained that it was probably the microswitch. I advised him that I had my Enos number ready to give to him. Told me it wasn't necessary, he just needed my last name. Within five seconds he had it on the screen in front of him. I knew it was my account because he couldn't pronounce my first name. The gentleman couldn't have been more of a pleasure to deal with.

Guess the service you get pretty much depends on who answers the phone. Overall I've had good experiences with Dillon and I hesitate to take it too seriously just because someone might have been having a bad day.

(I think they purposely treated you shabbily because they knew you were a New Jersey flatlander. :whistling:)

Jack

Maybe they have a problem with pasta fagiole?

GioaJack
11-02-2010, 20:01

Oh, rats, I could have made that tonight instead of pizza to eat during my election results entertainment.

No, it's a good thing I didn't, it gives me gas and Dawg has a very sensitive nose.

Jack

ursoboostd
11-02-2010, 20:32
Oh, rats, I could have made that tonight instead of pizza to eat during my election results entertainment.

No, it's a good thing I didn't, it gives me gas and Dawg has a very sensitive nose.

Jack
LOL. The oposite problem is goin on at my house. My dog has horrible gas and I have a sensitive nose!!!

n2extrm
11-02-2010, 20:40
Giampapa, thats like Smith or Jones very common.

At least in Italy.:rofl:

I have had similar experience with Dillon. One guy I talked to (i think Jim, I have written down in my notes) was fantastic. Another guy gave me a hard time the two times I called and got him. He was mad because I don't remember when I bought it. I honestly am guessing when I say 7 or 8 years, what is the difference?:dunno:

n2extrm
11-02-2010, 20:42

I haven't had a good bowl of Pasta Fagiole since Nona died some years ago. I stoped ordering it because nothing ever compared to hers. :crying:

Boxerglocker
11-02-2010, 21:31

No worries Robbo... you'll get her running soon enough. Your about half hour away from loading if you could get your dies set up and bolt her all bolt while waiting for the hardware to arrive. Without dies you kinda hosed...

shotgunred
11-02-2010, 21:54
I thought they had a NO BS warranty!

Maybe Dillon's idea of NO BS is different than mine. When you buy something as expensive as a 1050 you expect it to work when it is new.

Boxerglocker
11-02-2010, 22:51
I thought they had a NO BS warranty!

Maybe Dillon's idea of NO BS is different than mine. When you buy something as expensive as a 1050 you expect it to work when it is new.

You know, there are times that stuff just happens... I have had no issues with my XL650 purchase, up and running immediately... Bello is missing parts... Jack had issues with his 1050. In the end Dillon sets it right always... even with past issues I have had with my SDB's nothing but above and beyond.

I tell you what though, when Mogollon hears about Jacks experience here on this thread... I suspect he's going to be a little bit upset and probably set things back on a even level regarding consistency in CS over there at Dillon. He has done it before when reading a somewhat negative post regarding Dillon CS here and I will bet he will do it again... that's what good CS is all about, management staying on top of it. Once again CUDOS to Dillon.

trashcat
11-02-2010, 23:41
Am I the only one who saw the "xl650" in the thread title and immediatley opened it thinking it was about a honda motorcycle? My xr650 engine is sitting in the garage waiting to be put back into the frame.
As far as reloading goes I only have a small investment in a lee classic.

Bello
11-03-2010, 04:11

Jack

believe it or not jack i live in the heights of jersey city! sooooo... that totally makes me not a flatlander :tongueout:

IndyGunFreak
11-03-2010, 07:10
No one cares if I understand what you wrote on a forum. Not even my mother.

I would hope you care about how you write. At least just a little.

Of course I was mostly kidding because like I said this just isn't that important.

Agreed... People that make ridiculous run ons like the OP, I don't read them. I could care less about capitalization, etc... but the run-ons, drive me nuts..

IGF

WiskyT
11-03-2010, 14:29
believe it or not jack i live in the heights of jersey city! sooooo... that totally makes me not a flatlander :tongueout:

When they call a neighborhood the "Heights", it is always a ghetto. It's a secret language that means "old, run down section of town that you don't want your wife driving through".

Bello
11-03-2010, 15:21
When they call a neighborhood the "Heights", it is always a ghetto. It's a secret language that means "old, run down section of town that you don't want your wife driving through".

damn wisky! :rofl:

mogollon
11-04-2010, 15:42
Actually, whenever we get an order from Brian Enos we always leave sumthin' out so the customer calls and we can get their information to send them catalogs.....:wow::tongueout::rofl::shocked::upeyes::faint:

Truth be told, as soon as i read the post i had the production people unbox the remaining machines on the shelf to look for others. I do apologize for the inconvenience of it all. It is the job of the Customer Service rep to ask if you checked under box flaps, etc, as things can slide around during shipping-but- they aren't supposed to be the Spanish Inquisition! Hardware is cheap, but a reputation cannot be bought, only earned.
Jack,
Looking up orders from Brian requires the order or invoice number.We don't have the ability to search using shipping information, only billing information. But to send warranty parts all it takes is to either enter you into our database, or find you if you're already in it.

Boxerglocker
11-04-2010, 15:46
Mhmmm... What did I tell you?! Once again Cudos to Dillon! :wavey:

GioaJack
11-04-2010, 16:50
Thanks for the reply mogollon, I appreciate. Really don't have a problem with your CS, have always been treated very well and in the end have always come away satisfied.

Since I have a bunch of BLUE and a bunch of RED on my benches I, along with others are the beneficiaries of the competition... keeps everyone working harder to insure satisfied customers. Got no complaints with either one of you.

Thanks again.

Jack

WiskyT
11-04-2010, 17:21
Thanks for the reply mogollon, I appreciate. Really don't have a problem with your CS, have always been treated very well and in the end have always come away satisfied.

Since I have a bunch of BLUE and a bunch of RED on my benches I, along with others are the beneficiaries of the competition... keeps everyone working harder to insure satisfied customers. Got no complaints with either one of you.

Thanks again.

Jack

Jack, stop kissing his ass and just accept the fact that he's never going to send you a free hat. Really, it's embarrassing.

Boxerglocker
11-04-2010, 17:27
Jack, stop kissing his ass and just accept the fact that he's never going to send you a free hat. Really, it's embarrassing.

:rofl:

GioaJack
11-04-2010, 17:33

FREE HAT... lesser men, (like you) get free hats, I want a free 1050. Just so I don't appear greedy I'll pay the shipping... at least the first $25. :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Jack

Bob2223
11-04-2010, 17:46

:uglylol:

Bob

GioaJack
11-04-2010, 17:56
:uglylol:

Bob

Go feed the goats flatlander. :zipmouth:

Jack

n2extrm
11-04-2010, 18:06
FREE HAT... lesser men, (like you) get free hats, I want a free 1050. Just so I don't appear greedy I'll pay the shipping... at least the first $25. :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Jack

Remember what the last 1050 almost did to you! Do I have to put you on suicide watch? Then I have to take away all your guns!:whistling:

GioaJack
11-04-2010, 18:22
Remember what the last 1050 almost did to you! Do I have to put you on suicide watch? Then I have to take away all your guns!:whistling:

You can't have my guns but you can have the bullets, well, some of the bullets. Actually only one of the bullets, and I'll personally deliver it... air mail. :whistling:

Jack

n2extrm
11-04-2010, 18:29
You can't have my guns but you can have the bullets, well, some of the bullets. Actually only one of the bullets, and I'll personally deliver it... air mail. :whistling:

Jack

:couch: :rofl::rofl:

Couldn't help myself!

Bello
11-05-2010, 04:07

Jack

you guys cousins? :bump:

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 13:12
you guys cousins? :bump:

Hey don't you have a XL650 to put together? Get back to work!... we need another point in the team BLUE box :cool:

Bello
11-05-2010, 16:40
Hey don't you have a XL650 to put together? Get back to work!... we need another point in the team BLUE box :cool:

still waiting on my damn casefeeder bolts mitch! :steamed:

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 16:42
still waiting on my damn casefeeder bolts mitch! :steamed:

What you haven't set the rest up??? you don't need the casfeeder to load on that baby... just makes it faster...

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 16:50
If I recall correctly, and I always do, when one of my Hornady case feeder came with a part missing I called them that morning, they overnighted it to me... had it before 10:30 the next morning.

Must be a real man living in the Colorado mountains kind of thing. No other plausible explanation. :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Jack

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 16:59
If I recall correctly, and I always do, when one of my Hornady case feeder came with a part missing I called them that morning, they overnighted it to me... had it before 10:30 the next morning.

Must be a real man living in the Colorado mountains kind of thing. No other plausible explanation. :dancingbanana: :dancingbanana:

Jack

He's on Jersey time... 3 hours and 2 months behind... not Dillon's fault :supergrin:

So Jack, was gonna ask being your the only one I know that could possible answer this .... will the Dillon case feeder work on a LNL? Don't ask why yet? :upeyes:

IndyGunFreak
11-05-2010, 17:07
He's on Jersey time... 3 hours and 2 months behind... not Dillon's fault :supergrin:

So Jack, was gonna ask being your the only one I know that could possible answer this .... will the Dillon case feeder work on a LNL? Don't ask why yet? :upeyes:

You'd probably have to make a custom post for the LNL, and you'd need the other parts for the LNL(the shuttle, etc..)

The Dillon mounts on a Round post
Hornady's is square..

IGF

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 17:11
You'd probably have to make a custom post for the LNL, and you'd need the other parts for the LNL(the shuttle, etc..)

Hornady's is square..

IGF

Oh yeah, the LNL case feeder specific parts don't come with the press itself or conversion... Drat! Have to formulate a new evil plan :upeyes:

IndyGunFreak
11-05-2010, 17:16
Oh yeah, the LNL case feeder specific parts don't come with the press itself or conversion... Drat! Have to formulate a new evil plan :upeyes:

You can probably order them separate on Midway... but I'm guessing by the time you paid that cost, you probably could have almost bought the casefeeder. Cuz you'll need the shuttles, the pivoting arm, ..

IGF

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 17:18

Hornady's is square..

IGF

Apparently Indy's Day Quill is kicking in and he's feeling better, that or he's just really, really bored.

He's certainly right about having to make a custom frame, (at least the lower portion) and I'm not really sure how you'd go about modifying the shuttle and 'V' block configuration since it's designed around the LNL sub-plate.

The shell plates are interchangeable and there's no reason why the entire upper unit, (feed bowl) wouldn't work but given the price of a whole new feeder I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble. Unless of course your name is JMorris.

Jack

Oh, BTW, the mounting post on the LNL and the 1050 are both square... I don't know about the 650, it may be different.

IndyGunFreak
11-05-2010, 17:26
Apparently Indy's Day Quill is kicking in and he's feeling better, that or he's just really, really bored.

It's a little of both. :rofl:

He's certainly right about having to make a custom frame, (at least the lower portion) and I'm not really sure how you'd go about modifying the shuttle and 'V' block configuration since it's designed around the LNL sub-plate.

The shell plates are interchangeable and there's no reason why the entire upper unit, (feed bowl) wouldn't work but given the price of a whole new feeder I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble. Unless of course your name is JMorris.

Yeah, the Feeder would work, but assuming you didn't want to make a custom shuttle, and the pivot... that would be a PITA... you could buy them.

Jack

Oh, BTW, the mounting post on the LNL and the 1050 are both square... I don't know about the 650, it may be different.

Now that I didn't know.. the 650 is definitely round. Didn't know the 1050 was square...Is the square tubing the same on the 1050, as it is on the LNL? You've got both. I know your tape measure is likely still broken at 18in, so you can estimate if you have to.. :rofl:

IGF

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 17:37
So of you already have a LNL with case feeder set up in 9mm what do you do to covert it to a .45ACP? Brain storming here boys...

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 17:40
Now that I didn't know.. the 650 is definitely round. Didn't know the 1050 was square...Is the square tubing the same on the 1050, as it is on the LNL? You've got both. I know your tape measure is likely still broken at 18in, so you can estimate if you have to..

I'm not use to looking at things that small but the look to be pretty much the same.

I took a look at my 550, (I'm assuming it's similar to the 650, which reminds me, I'm really worried about Unclebob, never get an answer to any of my recent PM's) and the LNL. Admittedly I have trouble opening a can of tuna but it sure seems like it would really take some intricate machining to get the... wait a minute, wait a minute... Boxer is talking about going from Dillon case feeder to LNL, not the other way around. (See, that's why I'm the trained investigator.)

That conversion would be much easier. All you'd need to do is buy the shuttle, V block(s), pivot shuttle and a couple other small parts. The back support post of the LNL is already drilled for the post of the feeder and you could use wing nuts to secure it for easy transfer between machines.

I'm a wizard I tell ya... hell, even I could make it work. Well, maybe not me but a normal human could do it I bet.

Mitch, download the case feeder manual from Hornady and take a look at it. You'll need the parts from the lower end of the feed tube down. That should be it.

Jack

IndyGunFreak
11-05-2010, 17:42
So of you already have a LNL with case feeder set up in 9mm what do you do to covert it to a .45ACP? Brain storming here boys...

Install appropriate V-Block on the shuttle, case feed plate, and adjust the case feed pivot body for the larger case.

Watch video 8, and you'll see... http://www.hornady.com/support/instructional-videos

IGF

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 17:45

You just switch over the small diameter plastic feed tube to the big one, switch out the small aluminum feed chute for the large one and put in the correct 'V' block. That's pretty much it.

Oh, you have to switch from the small pistol shell plate, (in the bowl) for the large pistol. You just lift it out, takes but a few seconds.

Jack

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 17:46
Damn, you taking speed in addition to your Day Quill?

Jack

IndyGunFreak
11-05-2010, 17:48
Damn, you taking speed in addition to your Day Quill?

Jack

Bored to death.. I can't talk(or if I do, I sound like a squealing 4yr old girl)... so typing is my outlet for at least the next two days..lol.

IGF

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 17:53
Does the case feeder support tube come with the press itself or the casefeeder?

IndyGunFreak
11-05-2010, 17:55
Does the case feeder support tube come with the press itself or the casefeeder?

Everything relating to the casefeeder, comes w/ the casefeeder. The "Press" simply comes w/ stuff to use the press w/o a casefeeder.

You thinking about selling your 650 for a LNL?

IGF

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 17:57
I gotta go install that RCBS Lock-Out and take some pictures for Flipz before he blows himself up. Was playing with it while I was waiting for some lead to melt. Couple things I'm not thrilled with but then again I'm use to leaving women ecstatic and in a state of ecstasy so my standards are understandably high.

Jack

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 18:05
Everything relating to the casefeeder, comes w/ the casefeeder. The "Press" simply comes w/ stuff to use the press w/o a casefeeder.

You thinking about selling your 650 for a LNL?

IGF

Nope... thinking of adding to the herd... .223 is calling my name. Getting a little contract bonus this month. I figure if I get the LNL this year, and don't use it for a few months, it's still gonna be cheaper than next and I can get some free .223 or .45 bullets to got with.

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 18:08
I gotta go install that RCBS Lock-Out and take some pictures for Flipz before he blows himself up. Was playing with it while I was waiting for some lead to melt. Couple things I'm not thrilled with but then again I'm use to leaving women ecstatic and in a state of ecstasy so my standards are understandably high.

Jack

What don't you like about it? I think it's pretty nice in design... KISS (keep it simple...) I tore mine apart cleaned and relubed it prior to setting it up.

Bob2223
11-05-2010, 18:13

Jack

Gotta go get my rubber high top boots on before finishing this thread. :faint:

Bob

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 18:29
What don't you like about it? I think it's pretty nice in design... KISS (keep it simple...) I tore mine apart cleaned and relubed it prior to setting it up.

Don't know if I don't like it yet, just got it installed which is a plus for it if I can do it.

Just from reading the instructions the Powder Cop seems a bit more versatile but we'll see in the morning... I'll give it the Italian Avenger shake down.

Jack

IndyGunFreak
11-05-2010, 18:35
Nope... thinking of adding to the herd... .223 is calling my name. Getting a little contract bonus this month. I figure if I get the LNL this year, and don't use it for a few months, it's still gonna be cheaper than next and I can get some free .223 or .45 bullets to got with.

Any particular reason not to get get a .223 conversion for your 650?

IGF

Bello
11-05-2010, 18:38

Jack

Lucky; Guess ill make another call to dillon maybe the guy read my post and canceled my parts :rofl:

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 18:43

IGF

Stop brow beating the man Indy... he finally wants to buy quality but yet still save face while doing it. :whistling:

Jack

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 18:47

IGF

None, other than while playing and working up loads for rifle. I want to have the option to take my time and not worry about switching back and forth.
I already have a set of .45 standard dies too and could use it for that... sell the SDB.
The .223 conversion on the XL650 will work for .380 Auto too with the exception of one $7 part...nice :) so I am actually just leaning to doing that anyways.

Like I said, brain storming still...

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 18:51
Stop brow beating the man Indy... he finally wants to buy quality but yet still save face while doing it. :whistling:

Jack

Coming from the guy who gave himself a heart attack buying a Dillon 1050... tell the truth Jack, it wasn't the strain of trying to lift the press that caused it... it was the aroused excitement you had to get it right? :tongueout:

No more little blue pills for you :supergrin:

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 19:01
Had to see my cutie little internist last week to get all my prescriptions reordered. Told her I just wanted my insulin and Viagra.

She wanted to argue but I cut it short... told her the insulin kept me alive and the Viagra gave me a reason to live.

She didn't think it was funny. :dunno:

Jack

ursoboostd
11-05-2010, 19:05
Coming from the guy who gave himself a heart attack buying a Dillon 1050... tell the truth Jack, it wasn't the strain of trying to lift the press that caused it... it was the aroused excitement you had to get it right? :tongueout:

No more little blue pills for you :supergrin:

lol. Has enough time went by to be makin jokes like?..... Blue pills+ Blue press+ Jack =???????

IndyGunFreak
11-05-2010, 19:14
I took a look at my 550, (I'm assuming it's similar to the 650, which reminds me, I'm really worried about Unclebob, never get an answer to any of my recent PM's)

I was wondering about him the other day.... I hope all is well... Looking at his profile, he's not been on since the end of September.

Bob2223
11-05-2010, 19:18
Hornady
Hornady
None, other than while playing and working up loads for rifle. I want to have the option to take my time and not worry about switching back and forth. Hornady
I already have a set of .45 standard dies too and could use it for that... sell the SDB.
The .223 conversion on the XL650 will work for .380 Auto too with the exception of one $7 part...nice :) so I am actually just leaning to doing that anyways.

Like I said, brain storming still...
Hornady

380 auto and 223 work with the same #16 shell plate on the
Hornady LNL.
You already have the 45 dies so a #45 shell plate and you'll be set !

Not tryin to sway ya either way,,, Hornady
just tryin to help with your brain stormin,,, :whistling: Hornady

Bob

Hornady

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 19:20
lol. Has enough time went by to be makin jokes like?..... Blue pills+ Blue press+ Jack =???????

You people better stop making sport of me... I'm sick. :puking:

Jack

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 20:39
Hornady

380 auto and 223 work with the same #16 shell plate on the
Hornady LNL.
You already have the 45 dies so a #45 shell plate and you'll be set !

Not tryin to sway ya either way,,, Hornady
just tryin to help with your brain stormin,,, :whistling: Hornady

Bob

Hornady

I know Bob, need for the read between the line messages :rofl: Trust me, been debating what to do.
Already have a willing and able buyer for the SDB. My issue is the bench mounting set-up. I have elaborate plans to build a new bench next year when I get a house and garage back. Already priced out and drafted with a materials list.
Really wish the LNL had a strong mount set-up. If I got it now rather than later, there is no way I could hold back wanting to use it even just for .45
I just donít have the ability to mount it in a bench edge with overhang right now. I realize that I could possibly rig something up, maybe a strong mount box made of MDF, glued and screwed for strength then bolted to the top of my current bench top. :dunno:

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 20:51
Mounting it to a bench with an overhang is no big deal. Simply get a piece of 1/4 or 3/8t steel, cut it about 1 1/2 times the foot print of the press, let it overhang the bench, bolt it down then bolt the rear two holes of the press through the plate and the bench and the two front holes through the overhanging steel plate.

So simple even a caveman could do it... or me.

Jack

Bob2223
11-05-2010, 20:52
I know Bob, need for the read between the line messages :rofl: Trust me, been debating what to do.
Already have a willing and able buyer for the SDB. My issue is the bench mounting set-up. I have elaborate plans to build a new bench next year when I get a house and garage back. Already priced out and drafted with a materials list.
Really wish the LNL had a strong mount set-up. If I got it now rather than later, there is no way I could hold back wanting to use it even just for .45
I just donít have the ability to mount it in a bench edge with overhang right now. I realize that I could possibly rig something up, maybe a strong mount box made of MDF, glued and screwed for strength then bolted to the top of my current bench top. :dunno:

You know how airplanes work so I'm bettin you can get a press mounted.

Bob :supergrin:

GioaJack
11-05-2010, 20:55

Wrong Way Corrigan knew how planes worked too. :whistling:

Jack

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 20:55

Oh, I can do it...no worries... just don't wanna monkey slap it together then not be happy with it... my next bench setup will be ideal. I dream of it... actual did the other night, GF told me I was talking in my sleep about selling the SDB off :embarassed:

Boxerglocker
11-05-2010, 20:58
Mounting it to a bench with an overhang is no big deal. Simply get a piece of 1/4 or 3/8t steel, cut it about 1 1/2 times the foot print of the press, let it overhang the bench, bolt it down then bolt the rear two holes of the press through the plate and the bench and the two front holes through the overhanging steel plate.

So simple even a caveman could do it... or me.

Jack

Not that simple Jack right now I don't have a usable overhang... click the BLUE in my signature go back to my post and look at the pics of my SDB and XL650 where they are mounted. If I mount and overhang a LNL... I won't be able to open my toolbox drawers.

Bob2223
11-05-2010, 21:05
Oh, I can do it...no worries... just don't wanna monkey slap it together then not be happy with it... my next bench setup will be ideal. I dream of it... actual did the other night, GF told me I was talking in my sleep about selling the SDB off :embarassed:

Well monkey slap a temp together until ya get your next bench.
Talking in your sleep while your girlfriend was listening?
good thing you were talking about reloading !

I bet you new bench will be nice.

I have a small 48 X 32 bench and use C-clamps for the sizer and chucker then they go back under the bench when I'm done.
The LNL is bolted down though!

Bob

Colorado4Wheel
11-06-2010, 07:44
Not that simple Jack right now I don't have a usable overhang... click the BLUE in my signature go back to my post and look at the pics of my SDB and XL650 where they are mounted. If I mount and overhang a LNL... I won't be able to open my toolbox drawers.

Never mind it would be about 6 inch's lower.

You got to build/buy the bench with the press in mind. LnL makes it harder because it doesn't have a strong mount. Most pre made benchs are too low for my taste with a LnL. My bench is made at a height I could swap between LnL and Dillon SDB-650 and it wouldn't matter. The 1050 would be too high on but my other bench would be OK for the 1050 I think. It's not hard for me to make another bench.

shotgunred
11-06-2010, 18:05
Gotta go get my rubber high top boots on before finishing this thread. :faint:

Bob

All I have to do to leave my wife in a state of ecstasy is hand her a credit card.

n2extrm
11-06-2010, 19:10
OK let me try to explain the mount idea I have for you. 2 piece of 1/4 plate steel. Drill one for the mounting holes the other on the same pattern with 5/8 or 3/4 holes. Now put them together and weld them up so they are one. Next make 2 Z brackets 1/2" high with a 1 1/2" flat to bolt to the box. Lay the mounting plate to the top of you box, place the Z brackets on top and drill it to mount it. Weld a stop on the back of the brackets to stop the plate from moving back too far. Place the plate into the bracket and drill trough both. Now you can leave the press mounted to the plate, slide it in and pin it to load. Pull the pins and slide it out to get to the draws.

Or You could take the handel off the side of the box and put the press on the side if you can get to it like that?

WiskyT
11-06-2010, 19:15
OK let me try to explain the mount idea I have for you. 2 piece of 1/4 plate steel. Drill one for the mounting holes the other on the same pattern with 5/8 or 3/4 holes. Now put them together and weld them up so they are one. Next make 2 Z brackets 1/2" high with a 1 1/2" flat to bolt to the box. Lay the mounting plate to the top of you box, place the Z brackets on top and drill it to mount it. Weld a stop on the back of the brackets to stop the plate from moving back too far. Place the plate into the bracket and drill trough both. Now you can leave the press mounted to the plate, slide it in and pin it to load. Pull the pins and slide it out to get to the draws.

Or You could take the handel off the side of the box and put the press on the side if you can get to it like that?

http://www.leeprecision.com/html/catalog/pressaccessories.html

Bob2223
11-06-2010, 19:24
http://www.leeprecision.com/html/catalog/pressaccessories.html

Or the heavy duty model http://www.patmarlins.com/

Bob

n2extrm
11-06-2010, 19:28
OH WELL! Every good idea is spoken for! guess I better cancel the paten request. :rofl:

Seriously I figured someone made something, but with a mig and a tig plus a pile of "scrap steel" laying around I can't help but tinker. :embarassed:

Thanks for posting the link. unless you have stuff laying around it is probably cheaper to buy.