shot a colt rail gun [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : shot a colt rail gun

majette
11-03-2010, 07:29
was at a lgs/range on sunday. they had a parkerized rail gun for sale. i really liked the feel and looks of it BUT it had a sloppy beavertail fit. as in 'wiggle from side to side noticeably' fit. that, along with my being broke :crying:, led me to not buy this particular pistol. a short time later a guy came in and purchased it.

fast forward to yesterday. i stopped in to see if a friend was there as he usually shows up on tuesday evenings. the guy who bought the rail gun was there and were talked for a bit. he let me fire a few rounds through it. it shot VERY well. trigger broke nice and shooting was pleasurable, the added weight of the railed frame makes a difference (once i got a mc operator i now prefer a railed 1911).

hopefully one will be in my safe at some point in the future; one with a better beavertail fit...

Russ424
11-03-2010, 09:37
Sounds like someone is having a change of heart. Always go with your instincts man. If you did, you would have a sweet colt right now :cool: :supergrin:

Also on a side note I was handling a fullsize series 80 SS colt about a month ago. It also had a poorly fit/loose beavertail and I don't mean a little loose like some cheaper production guns but ALOT loose. It wiggled side to side a scary amount plus it seemed to be a little mishaped. I was surprised to see it on an otherwise flawless gun.

majette
11-03-2010, 11:02
Sounds like someone is having a change of heart. Always go with your instincts man. If you did, you would have a sweet colt right now :cool: :supergrin:

Also on a side note I was handling a fullsize series 80 SS colt about a month ago. It also had a poorly fit/loose beavertail and I don't mean a little loose like some cheaper production guns but ALOT loose. It wiggled side to side a scary amount plus it seemed to be a little mishaped. I was surprised to see it on an otherwise flawless gun.

the beavertail on this rail gun was the same, i was disappointed with the fit.