STI Spartan modifications. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : STI Spartan modifications.

Foxtrotx1
11-03-2010, 13:34
after buying my first 3 handguns this last year, Berreta Neos, G34 & a G26, I got the bite for a stylish 1911 under 1k. The STI Spartan looks pretty nice and has some features like dovetail target sights that i like. I also hear great things about them from you guys. My question is 1, how easy is it to replace the polymer trigger with the flat trigger myself. 2.) I love the look of a classic A1 spurred hammer, but don't know if a spurred hammer would be an easy addition considering the beaver tail.

Thanks guys.

Quack
11-03-2010, 13:48
Installing a trigger isn't hard.
STI makes a skeletonized spur hammer that you can use with the beavertail

See the steelmaster for an example

Foxtrotx1
11-03-2010, 13:50
Thanks Quack! i think it was your photos that got me to like those flat triggers. you guys need to be 1911 salesmen.

rsxr22
11-03-2010, 13:58
That was the main reason i went with the Spartan. I figured it would give me more room to do mods i wanted to. So far all i have done is add a magwell and grips, but as soon as the finish wears a little more im going to gun kote it. Also have a wilson flat trigger to throw in, but not sure when ill get around to it.

knedrgr
11-03-2010, 14:19
My question is 1, how easy is it to replace the polymer trigger with the flat trigger myself.

:yourock:

Get a Wilson flat trigger, as it's a little better tolerance when compare against the 10-8.