Glock 21 Wear [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock 21 Wear

derbarbarian
11-04-2010, 04:40
Hey Guy's I I got a killer deal on a Glock 21, I currently have a Glock 22 and I love it as well. My question is there is a piece on the slide right behind the ejector. I will have a picture posted below of the part i'm talking about circled in red. It looks kinda rough and almost pitted but it feels smooth to the touch, I'm wondering if that's just for normal shooting and holster wear? The person I got it from said it has only had about 50-100 rounds fired through it. So I'm just curious if this is normal. If it's not, is it a part that can be replaced and is it extremely difficult to replace?

http://s80.photobucket.com/albums/j188/dwsoelter/?action=view&current=glock.jpg

JR
11-04-2010, 11:24
The part you are referring to is call the Extractor. They are easy to install or remove.
The extractor in the photo appears to be a 90 degree style? I can not tell for sure because the red block obscures the detail. I need to see the top of the gun where the barrel meets the breach face and then I will know for sure.

derbarbarian
11-06-2010, 12:55
Sorry, I'll post a picture of the top of the gun.

derbarbarian
12-11-2010, 02:30
This is a bit of a thread revival but here's a better pic without the red square.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j188/dwsoelter/glock-1.jpg

derbarbarian
12-11-2010, 02:31
On a side note, is there a way to tell what year, or general age group of the gun with the serial #?

JR
12-14-2010, 16:37
The round piece of metal behind the extractor is called a "Extractor Depressor Plunger" it is part number 5 in the schematic. Yes, this is how it is supposed to look.

The serial number on the gun in the pic appears to have 2) letters proceeded by 3 numbers. That would make it a Gen1 for sure.

derbarbarian
12-18-2010, 09:07
Ok, being a Gen 1, is that anything I should be worried about when carrying? Also being Gen 1 is that something that I can send into glock for an upgrade to a Gen 3 frame/overhaul I've heard there were quite a few upgrades..

JR
12-18-2010, 13:17
You can return your Gen1 to the factory for a slide cut upgrade. This will allow current extractors. They will also upgrade the internal frame parts.

derbarbarian
01-01-2011, 22:45
You can return your Gen1 to the factory for a slide cut upgrade. This will allow current extractors. They will also upgrade the internal frame parts.

For the slide cut upgrade and what not and the replacing of internal parts can you get a frame upgrade for the Gen 1 to a Gen 3 Frame? Or is that not possible? The Gun is in excellent condition as it is, but I like the feel of the third gen frames quite a bit better and it would also be nice to know the parts have been upgraded being that it's a 20 year old gun.

JR
01-03-2011, 20:32
Sell the Gen1 one, retire it or keep it around because you like it. Either way, don’t bother trying all the upgrades because you will have more into it when you are done than it is worth. If you want a Gen3, go buy a Gen3