Gun in the Shower? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun in the Shower?

BOGE
11-04-2010, 11:53
http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/11/04/lions-maul-man-death-campsite-zimbabwe/?test=latestnews

:supergrin:

MrOldLude
11-04-2010, 13:07
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/37894/1163602-cookie_shower_gun_super.png

Dreamaster
11-04-2010, 14:23
"Lions attacked and killed a tourist while he was showering at an unfenced campsite in a nature reserve, and such fatal encounters are on the rise because of poaching, a conservationist said Thursday."

Smart lions?

CanyonMan
11-04-2010, 15:17
I've had several invitaions from locals in Zimbabwe, to come and hunt. Never been there yet. Sounds like I'll have to wear my 45 in the shower if I go! haha.

Almost like going outside 'here at night' and peein, and a rattler wants to challenge you, or a bob cat in the barn, or a cougar near the stables and out buildings in the middle of the night. Long as they don't start coming in the shower ! :supergrin:

CM

Glolt20-91
11-04-2010, 15:52
Guess they weren't wearing skunk juice.

Bob :cowboy:

BOGE
11-04-2010, 16:18
Short of showering with a flamethrower strapped on I know of nothing that would have fended off FIVE lions!! :shocked:

Berto
11-04-2010, 16:23
I might spring for the indoor shower, some things are worth the price.

CanyonMan
11-04-2010, 19:16
Guess they weren't wearing skunk juice.

Bob :cowboy:

:rofl:

cm

CanyonMan
11-04-2010, 19:19
Short of showering with a flamethrower strapped on I know of nothing that would have fended off FIVE lions!! :shocked:

That's about right man. Would make showers most difficult ! haha.

Good shooting. Think about this if your house cat dives through the shower curtain! haha

CM

GVFlyer
11-04-2010, 20:55
Seems a lapse. I've spent a lot of time in Africa in general and Zim in particular. My ex-GF used to run game camps for Gustavo Cineros. Usually, one would have have the boys standing guard if you were showering outside the compound, particularly after sunset.

ColCol
11-07-2010, 14:11
There was a guy named Urie from the Ukraine I use to work with and he carried(before CCW days) a Combat commander everywhere. He carried it to work and kept it with him all the time. When I saw the title of this post I thought of him as he told us he took it to the shower with him as well...in a Suran wrap baggie or something to that effect.

I asked him why and from what I could understand of his broken English that's what you did where he came from in more or less terms. I told him this wasn't the Ukraine but, I didn't convince him. I haven't gotten that paranoid yet.

DJ Niner
11-07-2010, 23:04
http://img710.imageshack.us/img710/9269/glock4showering.jpg

Don't remember where I saw this, but it set me to chuckling. :supergrin:

CanyonMan
11-08-2010, 11:53

:rofl:

Duncan, you know living in the very extreme remote west and sometimes having to take a trailer of horses or cattle here or there, and sometimes having to stop and stay in a overly bug infested little western road side ma & pa motel where the sheets look like their moving when you pull the covers down, and the stains are... Well, you get the idea. :wow: This coat hanger plastic Glock baggie looks like a good idea to me amigo !

BTW, I do not lay on the sheets ! haha. I throw my bed roll (sleepin bag to most folks) on top and hope for the best ! haha. Sometimes I just sleep in the truck ! Ha.

I know this was a fun pic, but I think for me it has much wisdom and merit from the kinda bandito's we got out here that hang out in these side of the road dope/dealer and W**** house motels ! There are some pretty bad hombres here up from the border.

So wanting to wash the dust off me (so to speak) this Glock 'N a Bag, looks pretty good for the shower times !

I "always" got my pistola with me and some spare rounds, but the shower thing in my situation is a cool Idea, especially when it sounds like a riot in the next room.. :supergrin:

Ya see, you just never know "when one mans gag is another mans Great Idea" !

Thanks for the Idea ! haha. :cool:

CanyonMan

2afreedom
11-08-2010, 14:03
When someone says "my gun went off in the shower" firearms are not the first thing that comes to mind. Seriously, paranoid much?

allamerican
11-11-2010, 06:04
I take my issued pistol with me to the bathroom when I take a shower in its hard case. If I was retired I would be using one of my glocks for shower room duty, as long as you leave it in the hard carrying case it does not get exposed to the humidity. Unless you live in a hardend structure don't expect to have time to reach a for a weapon in another room during a home invasion.

James Dean
11-11-2010, 09:38
Ever see the movie Big Jake With John Wayne in the shower?

CanyonMan
11-11-2010, 12:15
Ever see the movie Big Jake With John Wayne in the shower?

There ya go amigo ! ;)

CM

Jeepnik
11-11-2010, 16:26

Ma Duce?:rofl: But it might get a bit crowded as it's a crew served weapon.

Dom Pastore
11-21-2010, 11:01
I just happened across the "Glock in the shower" photo, I think that's awesome !! I may not have THAT much firepower when I hit rinse off, but I've usually got something within reach in the bathroom, especially if I'm home alone. In fact, that's why I still lock the bathroom door when I'm in there & home alone. You never know what some people are capable of these days !! Who knows, maybe ol' Gaston will come out a "Glock on a rope" for a Father's day gift ?

Regards, dpast32

njl
11-21-2010, 15:47

I thought the answer around here would be obvious. 10mm :rofl:

Actually, I met a guy at the range today who loads and shoots 350 rem mag for fun. I asked what he hunted with it...and he said he only shoots paper.

Too bad it was only 5 lions. One more, and it would be like Glock the Plates...but if you miss, the plate eats you.

Glockdude1
11-21-2010, 15:54

:thumbsup:

McGAP
11-22-2010, 02:10
I just happened across the "Glock in the shower" photo, I think that's awesome !! I may not have THAT much firepower when I hit rinse off, but I've usually got something within reach in the bathroom, especially if I'm home alone. In fact, that's why I still lock the bathroom door when I'm in there & home alone. You never know what some people are capable of these days !! Who knows, maybe ol' Gaston will come out a "Glock on a rope" for a Father's day gift ?

Regards, dpast32

Similar mindset here as well ... my G17 is under a towel on the counter about 4' away from the shower. I have a number of ex-inmates who live in my area, and one who recently started working at the neighbourhood video store (which I no longer utilize). So, precautions are definitely in order.