Fallout: New Vegas [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fallout: New Vegas

rickjames
11-05-2010, 10:11
Anyone playing this lately? I beat Fallout3 not too long ago and enjoyed it. I also played and beat the 2D ones: Fallout, and Fallout2, as well as nearly beat the venerable old-school 8bit Wasteland RPG that the Fallout series pays homage to.

Anyway, I purchased FLNV for my 360 on launch day. It was a nice surprise to see that my copy had a pre-release goodie pack inside at Best Buy.

I've installed it and though time is fleeting, from what I've played so far I've truly enjoyed.

I do feel a bit disappointed about the game mechanics though.

I'm playing on the normal difficulty level, and so far I've completely beaten the Powder Gangers, low level campaigning I know but, I'm only using a tire iron to do it.

That's right, I'm handing these PG's their asses GORDON FREEMAN style!

The problem though is it's pretty easy to totally destroy these PG's using melee weapons. My tire iron is 100% damage free as I've repaired it bastardizing the other tire irons, but c'mon.. I'm seriously destroying these guys with little effort. It almost feels like cheating. VATS be damned.

I sort of modelled my character on Gordon Freeman, I have a really high repair (a crucial skill IMO) and a very high science. Boosted my IQ and strength to have higher carry weight and pack mule around the wasteland unencumbered, as well.

Anyone else playing?

It's a lot of fun, but I've just only begun my game. I'm about a 5 or 6th level character.

Tvov
11-16-2010, 19:53
Friends play Fallout3 and enjoy it. I believe they are getting New Vegas as gifts, I haven't seen it yet.

Fallout3 is impressive for the amount of re-playability it has... you can keep exploring seemingly forever!

Guambodian
11-17-2010, 22:40
Powder gangers are indeed easy to deal with. Don't worry, eventually you will run afoul of one or more groups who will laugh at your tire iron as they force you to load a previous save. Right now I'm having fun dealing with the Legion Assassin Squads being sent after me since I became vivlified by the Legion. The good part is, after killing them, the loot haul is great.