New Valor [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Valor

tngambler
11-05-2010, 20:15
got a new ss valor this week.could not find one local so i ordered it from an online dealer.looked at alot of photos online and dan wesson website.liked the sleek look and all the info i could find said it was a great gun.it is a great shooter,fit is top notch,but when i opened up the case.....what the hell....looks nothing like the photo on dan wesson website.its very gray .doesn't look stainless at all. looks more like gray parkerizing.i know its probably bead blasted but its not really even and has a few slightly darker blotches. from all the pics i have seen i was expecting a matte stainless look. it looks more like a prep for duty coating. are they all like this?

i do love the gun,shoots great and very smooth but this finish is killing me. does anybody know if it can be buffed to look more stainless.

did i say it soots great? i mean great!

bac1023
11-05-2010, 20:19
Congrats! :cool:

:needspics:

GVFlyer
11-05-2010, 20:20
Congrats! Pics?

Hokie1911
11-05-2010, 20:23
Congrats! :cool:

What he said.

tngambler
11-05-2010, 20:54
best i could do right now

dakrat
11-05-2010, 21:49
they are all like that and I like it. congrats

Sarge43
11-05-2010, 21:50
It's a bead blasted finish, and more than a few have remarked on how easily it is marked. The good news is that it CAN be smoothed, to more of a brushed look, or just about anything else you want. The easy marking is one of the big reasons I waited for the duty treated VBOB's to come out and didn't pick up a stainless.
You can have an aftermarket coating applied or a treatment done to it also if you wish.
For now, go out and shoot the living crap out of it and enjoy it. THEN decide what you want to see long term once you know how you're going to use it and what kind of abuse it will or won't see.
She's a nice pistol, glad you like it so far!
Good luck,
Sarge

bobtail1911
11-05-2010, 21:51
I've heard others describe it as a soft finish too thats easily marked. Congrats on the great pistol though..:wow:
<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

knedrgr
11-05-2010, 21:58
I like the Valor. Congrats.

glock2740
11-05-2010, 22:00
Congrats!

tngambler
11-05-2010, 22:22
It's a bead blasted finish, and more than a few have remarked on how easily it is marked. The good news is that it CAN be smoothed, to more of a brushed look, or just about anything else you want. The easy marking is one of the big reasons I waited for the duty treated VBOB's to come out and didn't pick up a stainless.
You can have an aftermarket coating applied or a treatment done to it also if you wish.
For now, go out and shoot the living crap out of it and enjoy it. THEN decide what you want to see long term once you know how you're going to use it and what kind of abuse it will or won't see.
She's a nice pistol, glad you like it so far!
Good luck,
Sarge

thanks for the info. do you think Kieth at DW will buff it for me?

Tactical black
11-05-2010, 23:04
Congrats on the new valor. :wavey:

bac1023
11-06-2010, 05:05
Not all stainless is polished or even brushed.

I like the bead-blasted finish on the Valor better anyway.

HAIL CAESAR
11-06-2010, 16:56
Congratulations. I like my VBOB and Valor.