Aippi was right... Remington Supercell Recoil pad [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Aippi was right... Remington Supercell Recoil pad

Boxerglocker
11-06-2010, 19:20
After recommendation from Aippi I went ahead and ordered a Remington Supercell Recoil Pad for my 870 Express Tactical.
Early this afternoon just happen to catch the mailman on my way out to the range and there it had arrived from Midway. I grabbed a screwdriver, 50 rounds of S&B 00 buck and 10 slugs along with my shotgun, and continued on my way to the range.
I wanted to have a point of reference and shot 10 shells with the stock pad, then changed to the Supercell there on the range bench. Swapping it out was simple per the instructions. I actually use water just to lube the screwdriver to prevent it from gripping the pad bores tightening down the screws.
Then the test…. Continued to go through the remaining shells and the 10 slugs. All I can say is amazing! This by far is the best invested $17.99 you could every spend on a 870. The recoil is so much dramatically reduced it’s unbelievable.
I would highly pass on the recommendation to get one to others. I had previously thought of getting a Knoxx recoiling reducing stock but honestly really did not find the practicality of the cost getting one valid for my particular situation. For under $20 though the Supercell would IMHO be a must. Thanks again Aippi :wavey:

Jon_R
11-06-2010, 20:11
I have seen a lot of Appi was right threads in the Shotgun Section. :) Maybe we should just start a "Appi was right about...." sticky then as people find them they can add to the list.

Ferdinandd
11-06-2010, 21:44
Thanks for the info. I'm interested in putting one on my 870 now. I'd also be interested in putting one on my Mossberg 500 - it's a very light shotgun and recoils hard with slugs. I put 40 through it a week ago and wish I'd had some better recoil reduction.

aippi
11-07-2010, 00:53
I will give you my ex-wifes e-mail and you can contact her and tell her I was right about something since I was wrong about everything the entire time we were married......never mind as she would not believe you.

jimsfinns
11-07-2010, 11:19
Just one of several reason why they are "x"s!

dc2integra
11-07-2010, 19:22
Thanks for the info. I'm interested in putting one on my 870 now. I'd also be interested in putting one on my Mossberg 500 - it's a very light shotgun and recoils hard with slugs. I put 40 through it a week ago and wish I'd had some better recoil reduction.
yea i agree with you on the mossberg 500 they are very light and the recoil kicks my ass the 870 is a bit heavier so the recoil isn t felt as much.Let us know how the recoil pad works for you

jp 19
11-07-2010, 22:43
......never mind as she would not believe you.

yea yer probably right... ding ding ding AGAIN!!!

but seriously folks i have heard the supercell doesnt always fit to well on the
express wooden stocks... true?? false???

aippi
11-07-2010, 23:04
False. They fit as well as any pad from what I have seen and installed. If you had a older wood stock that has sat for years it may have swelled a little but they fit just fine on new stocks.

jp 19
11-08-2010, 12:44
False. They fit as well as any pad from what I have seen and installed. If you had a older wood stock that has sat for years it may have swelled a little but they fit just fine on new stocks.

upon further investigation i found this

http://www.remingtoncountrystore.com/PartsProductCompact.aspx?catalogid=1&categoryid=3566&productid=3055&topcat=1038

apparently do not fit so well...

Hedo1
11-08-2010, 12:47
Would this pad fit on a Mossberg 500?

aippi
11-08-2010, 15:34
JP - good info for that stock. I don't deal with the Express Lamintated stocks. So the guy that posted that is correct according to Remington.

I don't mess with many wood stocks other then the P stocks so they have always fit fine for me. Factory recoil pads are a trick to match to the right stock. If you have the right pad for the right stock they fit fine. They have Supercells that fit the Speed Feed IV and and that fit the Speed Feed IV-s and others that fit the Remington Synthetic stocks. As stated in the info you posted from Remington if the stock had the R3 then the supercell fits fine also. So as with any other accessoried get the right one and there is no issue. The OP had no issue and is quite pleased with his.

Boxerglocker
11-08-2010, 16:37
JP - good info for that stock. I don't deal with the Express Lamintated stocks. So the guy that posted that is correct according to Remington.

I don't mess with many wood stocks other then the P stocks so they have always fit fine for me. Factory recoil pads are a trick to match to the right stock. If you have the right pad for the right stock they fit fine. They have Supercells that fit the Speed Feed IV and and that fit the Speed Feed IV-s and others that fit the Remington Synthetic stocks. As stated in the info you posted from Remington if the stock had the R3 then the supercell fits fine also. So as with any other accessoried get the right one and there is no issue. The OP had no issue and is quite pleased with his.

Yeah, mine fit pretty much like a glove. I did note the packaging did state that the model I got was specifically for the black synthetic stocks.

southernshooter
11-10-2010, 20:16
Thanks Boxer and Appi. Mine should be in on Friday. Sabot slugs were killing me on my 18 1/2" barrel rifled slug 870. Price on sabots is still killing me.

pugman
11-17-2010, 06:14
Has anyone compared the LimbSaver to the Supercell--is the Limbsaver worth double the price?

mainegunner
11-17-2010, 16:54
I purchased a remingtom LE 13" lop with R3 pad for my 870 along with a steel extractor and a wilson combat oversized safety from aippi. Just got the items today there all installed and i'm hoping to head to the range this weekend. Great guy to do business with. very knowledgeable with the 870. Also the videos for installing some of the parts were a big help. Hopefully aippi is dragging his deer out of the woods.