Serial plate bowing [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Serial plate bowing

AKLferris
11-07-2010, 16:43
First of all, let me say hello and thanks to everyone that makes this forum such a cool place to find a wealth of information.

I recently bought a police turn-in G22 from Summit Gun Broker (my first Glock). I have noticed that the serial number plate bows out below the polymer frame slightly. Does anyone think this will be an issue? I hope this does not indicate a weakness in the polymer frame. I can try to post a pic when I get a day off work if that will help.

Also, I have noticed that the bottom of the grip is very thin and flexable. Is this normal? My Springfield XD seems like it was built w/ more attention to detail, but I respect the reputation of the Glock (which, along with price, is the reason I bought one).

For what it's worth, I ran 13rnds from each of 7 mags without any failures. I haven't tried shooting it w/ my TLR-3 attached (which I have read may be an issue), etc.

JR
11-08-2010, 10:58
Welcome to GT!
The serial number plate is not an issue, neither is the thin mag well. Both are typical of the Glock series pistols.
Using the TLR may or may not cause a FTF or FTE issue. You will have to prove the gun & ammo to know? If it is an issue the fix is rather simple. Replace the magazine spring with the 11 coil version.