Hornady just called. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Hornady just called.

GioaJack
11-08-2010, 13:06
Apparently they shipped the new bullet feeder to me on Friday... should be here by Wednesday.

I have three weeks to put it through it's paces, (they are sending 1000 .45 cal jacketed bullets in different weights and configurations but primarily they want it tested with lubed, lead bullets) and then write up an extensive review for this and several other forums.

If at the end of the review period I decide to keep the feeder they will pay to ship the test model back, (they want to examine it) and ship me a new one for $150.

Wednesday can't get here soon enough... hope my oxygen lasts that long.

Prior to the full review I'll post comments on the ease, or difficulty in installing it and setting it up.

Jack

XDRoX
11-08-2010, 13:11
Are you going to try it on any of your other presses? I don't remember, do you have a 650? Will it even work on other brands?

Boxerglocker
11-08-2010, 13:19
You lucky, Old Dog! :supergrin:

EL_NinO619
11-08-2010, 13:21
Nice.Hopefully one day i will get those opportunity's.

IndyGunFreak
11-08-2010, 13:27
Apparently they shipped the new bullet feeder to me on Friday... should be here by Wednesday.

I have three weeks to put it through it's paces, (they are sending 1000 .45 cal jacketed bullets in different weights and configurations but primarily they want it tested with lubed, lead bullets) and then write up an extensive review for this and several other forums.

If at the end of the review period I decide to keep the feeder they will pay to ship the test model back, (they want to examine it) and ship me a new one for $150.

Wednesday can't get here soon enough... hope my oxygen lasts that long.

Prior to the full review I'll post comments on the ease, or difficulty in installing it and setting it up.

Jack

LOL.. Why do I somehow doubt this...

I'm guessing you broke out your buddy Visa to take care of it.. ;)

IGF

ron59
11-08-2010, 13:45
I agree IGF.... why do I get the tongue-planted-firmly-in-cheek feeling about this ?

El_Ron1
11-08-2010, 13:55
They don't know it's you, do they...

IndyGunFreak
11-08-2010, 14:01
I agree IGF.... why do I get the tongue-planted-firmly-in-cheek feeling about this ?

Oh I don't have any doubt he's probably ordered it... I'm guessing his Visa card is screaming though...

Oh yeah... Jack...

LET YOUR SON CARRY IT UP THE STAIRS! ;)

IGF

norton
11-08-2010, 14:01
I just got the email notification that the new feeder was going to be available soon.
I just spent $ on a new toy. An MP-15-22. No more toys for me for awhile.
Looking forward to your write up, GTR Commandant:supergrin:

DoctaGlockta
11-08-2010, 14:19
Those guys are sneaky. They were going to charge me $200 for a new one if I liked it.

I need a better agent.

lethal tupperwa
11-08-2010, 14:30
Get someone else to carry everything upstairs!!!!

Colorado4Wheel
11-08-2010, 14:32
Kickbacks. Gotta love it. I'm still waiting for Lee to send me mine.

shotgunred
11-08-2010, 14:50
How do I get on that List? Heck I would even buy a new LNL AP to get on that list.

I could be their 40SW test guy.

EL_NinO619
11-08-2010, 15:05
I just got the email notification that the new feeder was going to be available soon.
I just spent $ on a new toy. An MP-15-22. No more toys for me for awhile.
Looking forward to your write up, GTR Commandant:supergrin:

I have one. Good buy, you will love it. Put a cheap BSA red dot on it and its a tac driver..:supergrin:

Bello
11-08-2010, 16:07
do you have a picture of it ? or a link to take a look jack?

ron59
11-08-2010, 16:39
do you have a picture of it ? or a link to take a look jack?

There's an ENTIRE THREAD ON THIS? Been going on since yesterday?
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1282422

Nice to see you're paying attention....
:whistling:

IndyGunFreak
11-08-2010, 16:45
Come on Jack.. Give us the lowdown.. did Hornady also tell you it would be delivered by 2 Playboy Bunnies wearing UPS uniforms?

Bob2223
11-08-2010, 16:50
Come on Jack.. Give us the lowdown.. did Hornady also tell you it would be delivered by 2 Playboy Bunnies wearing UPS uniforms?

:rofl:

Bob

GioaJack
11-08-2010, 16:55

Some of you people are going to feel awfully foolish.

Gotta get back to casting... gonna need a whole bunch of 200 gr. SWC'S and 225 gr. RN.

Jack

shotgunred
11-08-2010, 16:58
Its here were is jack?

http://browndo4u.tripod.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/normal_ups-hottie.jpg

IndyGunFreak
11-08-2010, 16:58
Some of you people are going to feel awfully foolish.

Gotta get back to casting... gonna need a whole bunch of 200 gr. SWC'S and 225 gr. RN.

Jack

Well, w/ a bullet feeder, that should help you out w/ any problems w/ your hands. I'd say you'd have a completely automated setup...

It looks pretty much identical to the RCBS unit.

IGF

Boxerglocker
11-08-2010, 17:05
Jack when you get that BULLET feeder... please take lots of pictures and measurements of the mounting hardware. I'll be hard at options to mount one on my XL650, pending your review of course.

GioaJack
11-08-2010, 17:11
I've known about this for a month or so, Hornady mentioned it to me but asked that I not say anything. I was under the understanding that they wouldn't come out until after the first of the year.

Actually he had explained to me that it was going to be more along the lines of the 'KISS, (Mr. Bullet) but perhaps I misunderstood him. It does look more like the RCBS. He did say there would be some improvements. Without having seen it yet I would say that the most obvious ones are price, low cost of caliber conversion and from a design standpoint the 'metal guide fingers' which seems to be the weak point with the RCBS. From what I've read that's the biggest complaint, apparently they don't last long and have to be replaced pretty frequently. If you don't have spares on hand you're pretty much out of luck.

There are several other LNL accessories coming out that will probably of interest to LNL owners or those thinking of one. I was told they would be introduced after the first of the year also but maybe it's going to be sooner... we'll see.

It may not be that big of a deal but I was asked not to say anything so I'll honor that commitment, even if they probably already told ten thousand other people.

Jack

Bello
11-08-2010, 17:15
There's an ENTIRE THREAD ON THIS? Been going on since yesterday?
http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1282422

Nice to see you're paying attention....
:whistling:

oops :dunno:

kinda sounds like ole' george carlin talkin in the video... and the ultra sonic cleaner is pretty cool

WiskyT
11-08-2010, 17:16
Jack has obviously learned how to fabricate his own press credentials. I can't wait to see him in the back of the White House press room.

IndyGunFreak
11-08-2010, 17:19
I've known about this for a month or so, Hornady mentioned it to me but asked that I not say anything. I was under the understanding that they wouldn't come out until after the first of the year.

Actually he had explained to me that it was going to be more along the lines of the 'KISS, (Mr. Bullet) but perhaps I misunderstood him. It does look more like the RCBS. He did say there would be some improvements. Without having seen it yet I would say that the most obvious ones are price, low cost of caliber conversion and from a design standpoint the 'metal guide fingers' which seems to be the weak point with the RCBS. From what I've read that's the biggest complaint, apparently they don't last long and have to be replaced pretty frequently. If you don't have spares on hand you're pretty much out of luck.

There are several other LNL accessories coming out that will probably of interest to LNL owners or those thinking of one. I was told they would be introduced after the first of the year also but maybe it's going to be sooner... we'll see.

It may not be that big of a deal but I was asked not to say anything so I'll honor that commitment, even if they probably already told ten thousand other people.

Jack

Now that.. I believe.

However, since you're in good w/ these guys.. what are the odds of Playboy Bunnies in UPS outfits delivering it? They do know you almost killed yourself lugging a 1050 up the stairs, right?..

IGF

GioaJack
11-08-2010, 17:22
Now that.. I believe.

However, since you're in good w/ these guys.. what are the odds of Playboy Bunnies in UPS outfits delivering it? They do know you almost killed yourself lugging a 1050 up the stairs, right?..

IGF

I just called and asked them about the Playboy Bunny thing, they said no... apparently they want me to livelong enough to at least get it bolted to the bench.

Their attitude is very similar to all my ex-wives. Rats!

Jack

shotgunred
11-08-2010, 19:16
Jack when you get that case feeder... please take lots of pictures and measurements of the mounting hardware. I'll be hard at options to mount one on my XL650, pending your review of course.

looks like it uses either 3/4 or 1 inch square tubing. even a IMO lameazz like me could whip up something to mount it on in half an hour.
Looks like they are attaching it to the AP main bracket.

IndyGunFreak
11-08-2010, 19:57
Jack when you get that case feeder... please take lots of pictures and measurements of the mounting hardware. I'll be hard at options to mount one on my XL650, pending your review of course.

I guess I'm confused, why would you try to put a Hornady Case Feeder, on your dillon?

Boxerglocker
11-08-2010, 20:02
I guess I'm confused, why would you try to put a Hornady Case Feeder, on your dillon?

DUHHHH.... bullet feeder :embarassed:

IndyGunFreak
11-08-2010, 20:05
DUHHHH.... bullet feeder :embarassed:

You know.. maybe I've had to much sudafed.. I should've figured that out.. :)

IGF

Zombie Steve
11-08-2010, 22:53
If you're going to really give it an honest review, you should have me come up and at least TRY to break it. :whistling:

dudel
11-09-2010, 02:32
Kickbacks. Gotta love it. I'm still waiting for Lee to send me mine.

On it's way to you:

1) Lee FCCD (yeah!)
2) Lee safety scale (boo)
3) Non adjustable Lee case trimmer (hiss)

Complements of the chief Dick at Lee

Enjoy:supergrin:

MyGunCulture
11-09-2010, 09:14
Hi Jack - I'm from Hornady. There's a little light on the feeder that won't light up just right. So if you'll just send it to me, I'll fix it up here, then send it back there.

Oh wait, that's a line from 'The Grinch Who Stole Christmas'

Worked there though...

Colorado4Wheel
11-09-2010, 21:40
On it's way to you:

1) Lee FCCD (yeah!)
2) Lee safety scale (boo)
3) Non adjustable Lee case trimmer (hiss)

Complements of the chief Dick at Lee

Enjoy:supergrin:

I'll raise you

Lee Classic Turret.
Every other Lee die made
Lee Classic Turret
Lee Lead hardness tester
Lee 20 lb Pots (got two now, figured them out, work great)

I own all of them. They all work great.

Lee trimmer is not adjustable. Doesn't mean it doesn't work. Real soon my brother in law will have one with the Zip Trim. I am curious how it reall works with that. We will file the tip if we need to get the trimmer to trim shorter. No big deal.