New Load Master on the way [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Load Master on the way

Seekers
11-08-2010, 19:21
I will be loading 40 S&W for my 35, my wifes 23 and probably for my two sons that have a mdl 22 and 35 also so this should keep my pretty busy. My sons and I also shoot 308's so this will be getting lots of use.

I was a little surprised when my first choice vendor, someone that was recommended on here raised prices after I had to wait a couple days for them to get back to me and then was getting information about the kits. They didn't offer to give me the original price so I went with Graf & Sons who was lower, had free shipping and great customer service.

Oh well, it was a win-win and I'll be back into reloading.

I really appreciate all the information your board and members have provided about reloading and the Lee Load Master.

Seekers

IndyGunFreak
11-08-2010, 19:39
win-win.. and you got a Loadmaster? ;)

Best wishes (and good luck)

sig2009
11-08-2010, 19:45
I always go with the lower price no matter who sells it!

XDRoX
11-08-2010, 19:47
Congrats and welcome to the forum:wavey:

IndyGunFreak
11-08-2010, 19:48
Congrats and welcome to the forum:wavey:

Hey, could you do me a favor, and figure out the VMD of WTF, so I can use it in my Auto Disk?.. ;)

IGF

Boxerglocker
11-08-2010, 20:01
Welcome.... Have you loaded on a LM before? If not I hope your the tinkering savy, mechanically inclined type of person.

GioaJack
11-08-2010, 20:19
Seekers:

Pay no attention to the above posters, one is stoned on Sudafed and the others are 'yet to admit it' alcoholics. We have trouble with them all the time. As we speak forum attorneys are working on a restraining order.

Welcome to the forum and always remember one rule, never listen to anyone but Fred or myself. You'll easily be able to tell us apart... Fred is the older, feeble and often absent minded gentle who is only allowed to use the nursing home computer three times a week... assuming of course that his Metamucil has kicked in prior to scheduled time.

Again, welcome... have a good time.

Jack

IndyGunFreak
11-08-2010, 20:22
Seekers:

Pay no attention to the above posters, one is stoned on Sudafed and the others are 'yet to admit it' alcoholics.

BoxerGlocker has a cold to? :rofl:

Boxerglocker
11-08-2010, 20:34
Welcome to the forum and always remember one rule, never listen to anyone but Fred or myself. You'll easily be able to tell us apart... Fred is the older, feeble and often absent minded gentle who is only allowed to use the nursing home computer three times a week... assuming of course that his Metamucil has kicked in prior to scheduled time.

Jack is the easy one to remember... he's got the oxygen tank attached :whistling:

Seekers
11-08-2010, 21:10
Thank you all for the welcome,

I have owned a Load Master before but it was 8-10 years ago so I have watched all the setup tapes to refresh my memory. I loaded for 10mm and 308 then but the boys have grown up now and I've added another 308 shooter. I'll be getting the extra turret so I don't have to mess with resetting the dies. Probably another powder measure also to be completely setup for the two calibers.

3 sons
mdl 35 & Ruger 77 308
mdl 22 & AR-10 308
Rem 788 308 & 10-22
Wife
mdl 23

Seekers
Mdl 35 & Rem 5R Mil Spec 308

Uncle Don
11-08-2010, 21:25
Hey, could you do me a favor, and figure out the VMD of WTF, so I can use it in my Auto Disk?.. ;)

IGF

You can easily do it yourself with the Auto Disk. Choose one of the larger cavities and drop a charge of your choice of powder - then divide the cavity number by the actual weight of what you dropped. Instant VMD - then just multiply the weight you want by the VMD number and you'll get the cavity you need to drop it (or real close).

Uh oh - based on your smiley, I apparantly missed something.

Boxerglocker
11-08-2010, 21:27
Thank you all for the welcome,

I have owned a Load Master before but it was 8-10 years ago so I have watched all the setup tapes to refresh my memory. I loaded for 10mm and 308 then but the boys have grown up now and I've added another 308 shooter. I'll be getting the extra turret so I don't have to mess with resetting the dies. Probably another powder measure also to be completely setup for the two calibers.

3 sons
mdl 35 & Ruger 77 308
mdl 22 & AR-10 308
Rem 788 308 & 10-22
Wife
mdl 23

Seekers
Mdl 35 & Rem 5R Mil Spec 308

Cool, good that you have the previous experience with it. I've loaded on one a couple of times... have a friend that loads 9mm only on one.
Where exactly are you from?

Seekers
11-08-2010, 21:31
Other side of the state by Spokane, Newman Lake.

Boxerglocker
11-08-2010, 21:35
Other side of the state by Spokane, Newman Lake.

Nice, drop us a line if your heading over west for a visit.

Seekers
11-08-2010, 21:36
will do,

thank you

ron59
11-09-2010, 06:23
You can easily do it yourself with the Auto Disk. Choose one of the larger cavities and drop a charge of your choice of powder - then divide the cavity number by the actual weight of what you dropped. Instant VMD - then just multiply the weight you want by the VMD number and you'll get the cavity you need to drop it (or real close).

Uh oh - based on your smiley, I apparantly missed something.

Did you miss the whole thread on WTF ?? He didn't ask about WSF or WST (actual Winchester powders), but instead WTF, the "mythical" powder created by those who pull random cartridges and keep the powder in them to create a jug of "WTF".

RebelRooster
11-09-2010, 07:14
I love my Load Master. Great machine, keep it clean and oiled and it'll keep chugging along without any hickups.

wdphillips
11-09-2010, 07:55
I certainly enjoy my LoadMaster! I just loaded up about 200 .45 ACP with my LoadMaster yesterday morning. I am setting it up for .357 SIG today.

I am sure you know this link but just in case...

http://loadmastervideos.com/

Seekers
11-12-2010, 03:24
Yes, that's where I watched all the videos to review. Tons of good informations there,

thanks for making sure I knew about it,

I hope things have improved, when I had one before I gave up on the priming and just used a hand primer for everything while watching TV. Wasn't a big deal, I bought again even after that, but it would be nice.

Seekers

Uncle Don
11-12-2010, 05:58
Did you miss the whole thread on WTF ?? He didn't ask about WSF or WST (actual Winchester powders), but instead WTF, the "mythical" powder created by those who pull random cartridges and keep the powder in them to create a jug of "WTF".

No - I didn't read the thread, but basically figured it out after I replied in the manner I did which is why I put the last line in. I just don't get around here that much anymore so I don't catch those kinds of threads like I did in the past.

ron59
11-12-2010, 06:26
No - I didn't read the thread, but basically figured it out after I replied in the manner I did which is why I put the last line in. I just don't get around here that much anymore so I don't catch those kinds of threads like I did in the past.

You didn't miss a whole lot. A bunch of arguing and hating and stuff (I was in the middle of it :tongueout:). But there were quite a few funny things said there.

That's where I got my new Signature Line.

IndyGunFreak
11-12-2010, 14:34
I hope things have improved, when I had one before I gave up on the priming and just used a hand primer for everything while watching TV.

Well, look at it this way, you'll get to catch up on your favorite TV shows! ;)

IGF

Colorado4Wheel
11-12-2010, 17:02
:wavey:Welcome back to the Hobby and this forum.:wavey:

Seekers
11-14-2010, 02:26
I feel like I'm much better equipped to handle any problems with the priming system after reviewing the tapes online here.

They are very detailed and I highly recommend them!

I received 1000 bullets for the 308 today. 175 grain FMJBTpulled from M118 Match with very slight marks. This is the military version of the 175 grain Sierra Match King.

Thanks to everyone for the great information and warm welcome,

Seekers

Colorado4Wheel
11-14-2010, 06:47
Be sure to have a super strong/shake free bench.