1911PKZSE Laser sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 1911PKZSE Laser sights

W420Hunter
11-09-2010, 00:33
Ok so I am looking for a laser light for my 1911. Can any one tell me what would be best for my firearm? I like the green more then the red if I can get it. I see the lasermax but they do not make one for my brand. (an I know I am going to get a riped for this) But when it comes down to it, the general specs for most 1911's are the same. It looks like they replace the recoil spring plug. (hard to see in the pic of the parts list but I think thats right name) So would that cross over?

BuckyP
11-09-2010, 08:18
Have you considered laser grips? Depending on your use, the biggest advantage to the laser grips is the laser turns on as you grip the gun, so you don't need extra time (or to remember) to switch them on. Only problem with this though, is they don't come in Green at this time. They just added a green laser to their lineup, so maybe they will follow up with green laser grips? :dunno:

http://www.pollardfamily.net/al/kc1.jpg

W420Hunter
11-09-2010, 10:51
The only issue I see on the grip laser is getting pushed on in my holster an it draining the batteries?

Spiffums
11-09-2010, 11:40
I wish they did come in green. They could make a small fortune just on people drooling over the COOL factor.

W420Hunter
11-09-2010, 15:38
Whats the best brand for the grip Laser?

asiparks
11-09-2010, 16:11
Whats the best brand for the grip Laser?

crimson trace. (http://www.crimsontrace.com/)

Johan Beer
11-09-2010, 19:02
I wish that CT would make a laser grip without the strap going across the the front checkering.......

As far as green goes, it would be cool, but I've read some negative things about it. Primarily that it is so bright it gives away your position too easily. Like a tracer right back to you.

BuckyP
11-09-2010, 20:58
The only issue I see on the grip laser is getting pushed on in my holster an it draining the batteries?

I've had laser grips for various guns, and only seen that happen on the old single panel grips, and even then, it was only when leaning against something. These grips are long out of production, so not an issue anyway. Get the front activation, and the likelihood will be even less.

BuckyP
11-09-2010, 21:01
I wish that CT would make a laser grip without the strap going across the the front checkering.......

They used to make a single sided grip panel. I have a set for the Beretta, and they made them for the 1911 as well. I briefly looked for them, as I thought it would be easier to adapt them to the bobtail then the newer ones. The old style had a large activation button, so they could activate if you leaned on something or was in a tight seat.