Huh... that's pretty neat. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Huh... that's pretty neat.

GioaJack
11-09-2010, 15:07
While it's snowing we're having a huge lightning and thunder storm. Messin' with the internet though.

Good thing I'm casting indoors... I could get a chill and catch a cold. :whistling:

Jack

IndyGunFreak
11-09-2010, 15:33
I can't wait till I'm old, and people will see me post stuff like this and they'll say.. "Meh.. give him a pass, he's 100yrs old"...

;)

IGF

Zombie Steve
11-09-2010, 15:45
Snow is rolling in off the mountains here too. Hooray hot lead!

kcramer
11-09-2010, 15:46
I'll start my story by saying, I work 35 miles from my house. The drive is ok for the first 10 minutes until I start up the first mountain. About halfway up that 1st one the weather does a complete 180. You can bet your butt if it's not snowing at my house it is halfway up Cooper's rock! Anyhow, 3 years ago while on my way to work at 11:00pm I get to the halfway point of Cooper's Rock. 1st I hit rain then the blinding fog. I slow down to 20 mph. 1/2 mile later rain turns to heavy snow which had already covered the interstate with 3 inches of snow. So now it's snowing, the road is covered and it's foggy as hell...just when I think it can get no worse...the lightning storm started! Now I'm still going 20 mph, all the other cars are stopped/wrecked or stuck. Nervous is an understatement of how I was feeling but it was the coolest thing I've ever witnessed! Fog, snow and lightning all together gives you an errie(sp) feeling!

mnhogrider
11-09-2010, 15:51
Here in frozen tundra land, It is 68 degrees and sunny. The last two days have been unbelievably nice.

EL_NinO619
11-09-2010, 15:58
Oh it's miserable in San Diego. A nice 72 degrees, and sunny.

GioaJack
11-09-2010, 16:05
Here in frozen tundra land, It is 68 degrees and sunny. The last two days have been unbelievably nice.

It's been summer here until today. 78 degrees in Denver yesterday, Sunday at our black powder shoot it was 76.

Right now there's 2 inches of global warming sitting on the deck. To put that in perspective for you flatlanders I have more than that in my freezer.

Jack

Zombie Steve
11-09-2010, 16:07

That sucks.

http://3dsalisbury.com/Image_Gallerys/Logos/Images/NS.gif

GioaJack
11-09-2010, 16:08
I can't wait till I'm old, and people will see me post stuff like this and they'll say.. "Meh.. give him a pass, he's 100yrs old"...

;)

IGF

Based on your history of making sport of me just what makes you think you're going to be around long enough to get old? :whistling:

Where the hell did I put my road atlas? Never mind... I'll use the GPS.

Jack

Zombie Steve
11-09-2010, 16:10
Grand Pappy Signal?

Agent Tikki
11-09-2010, 16:25
DAMMIT I've always wanted to see snow......it never snows where in LA, but it does get cold....Its 70 degrees F, man I had to put a windbreaker on this morning :wow:

lethal tupperwa
11-09-2010, 16:34
Coopers Rock I 68?

We were going to a GSSF match and 3 years ago we had lot of sleet build up on the way over the mountain.

Down the other side it turned into HEAVY RAIN for the rest of the trip.

robin303
11-09-2010, 16:57
Sucks real bad here too. Have the windows open for a cross breeze. I wished I wasn't so damn lazy I would go pick another 10lbs of tomatoes out of the garden. Sucks to have two growing seasons per year. Crap now I need to get bacon for all these fresh organic greenbeans. :yawn:

WiskyT
11-09-2010, 16:57
DAMMIT I've always wanted to see snow......it never snows where in LA, but it does get cold....Its 70 degrees F, man I had to put a windbreaker on this morning :wow:

Snow is nice in those made for TV Christmas movies where the whole family gets snowed in in their mountain log home with lots of hot chocolate. Other than that, it pretty much sucks.

PCJim
11-09-2010, 17:13
Robin, I'm with ya. We planted tomatoes, bell peppers and bush beans two weekends ago to go with the strawberries that made it thru the summer from last year. I love fresh veggies and can't wait. Guess this is the tradeoff for having weather thats too hot to hunt in.

HAMMERHEAD
11-09-2010, 17:22
A-men to that!
Can't last much longer, but it is nice.

Zombie Steve
11-09-2010, 17:28
Snow is nice in those made for TV Christmas movies where the whole family gets snowed in in their mountain log home with lots of hot chocolate. Other than that, it pretty much sucks.

Wash your mouth out with a .38. :tongueout:

It's barfing snow up in Summit County right now - gonna try to get a day on Copper mountain this week. Bullet packing is on hold - gotta wax the board.

robin303
11-09-2010, 17:31
Robin, I'm with ya. We planted tomatoes, bell peppers and bush beans two weekends ago to go with the strawberries that made it thru the summer from last year. I love fresh veggies and can't wait. Guess this is the tradeoff for having weather thats too hot to hunt in.

Got that right my friend. Can't wait until it gets cold so I can plant my Collard greens, carrots, onions and broccoli.
Do you have dedicated beds for your strawberries?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

RustyFN
11-09-2010, 17:55
It was 66 and sunny here today. You all just keep your damn snow.:rofl:

GioaJack
11-09-2010, 18:06

Got that right my friend. Can't wait until it gets cold so I can plant my Collard greens, carrots, onions and broccoli.
Do you have dedicated beds for your strawberries?<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Interesting, very interesting. Us mountain people are smart enough to go to Safeway and just buy that crap. :whistling:

Jack

IndyGunFreak
11-09-2010, 18:08
Interesting, very interesting. Us mountain people are smart enough to go to Safeway and just buy that crap. :whistling:

Jack

I'd love to have a garden, but unfortunately I would starve to death.

So I'll have to shop w/ the mountain man... I feel so important now...

IGF

GioaJack
11-09-2010, 18:12
I'd love to have a garden, but unfortunately I would starve to death.

So I'll have to shop w/ the mountain man... I feel so important now...

IGF

I have to shop... if I relied on my shooting ability for meat I'd be a vegetarian. :crying:

Jack

IndyGunFreak
11-09-2010, 18:20
I have to shop... if I relied on my shooting ability for meat I'd be a vegetarian. :crying:

Jack

You could lure them in with your sense of humor, then have the butler jump on them.

Hogpauls
11-09-2010, 21:38
One upside to having a real winter is not having to mow the lawn, at least that's what my 15 yr old son says. :cool:

puckhead
11-09-2010, 21:42
Rain turned to big snow flakes for a while in Greeley today. Gotta do a 5 hour drive through the mountains tomorrow morning at 6 to go Gunnison for a day or two, then we will see were to from there! Hope the roads arent too bad

PCJim
11-09-2010, 21:57

No dedicated beds. We reloaded two sections of some perrenial beds to make up a veggie garden. The strawberries were an afterthought last year by my better half. By the looks of things this morning, those strawberries will likely be squibs at best, quite possibly misfires. They didn't take too kindly to her reloading them in a different location. We'll see. I'll throw some WTF powder on them later this week to see if it helps any.

robin303
11-09-2010, 22:23
No dedicated beds. We reloaded two sections of some perrenial beds to make up a veggie garden. The strawberries were an afterthought last year by my better half. By the looks of things this morning, those strawberries will likely be squibs at best, quite possibly misfires. They didn't take too kindly to her reloading them in a different location. We'll see. I'll throw some WTF powder on them later this week to see if it helps any.

Sorry Jack. :arg:
It takes 2 years to established a nice strawberry bed and to work the soil. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

GioaJack
11-09-2010, 22:27
Sorry Jack. :arg:
It takes 2 years to established a nice strawberry bed and to work the soil. <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Thirty seconds in the produce isle at Safeway. Of course it takes another two minutes to get to the dairy section for a can of whipped cream... but that has multiple uses. :whistling:

You guys really need to get lives.

Jack

robin303
11-09-2010, 23:01
My Dear friend and <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:City w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Mentor</st1:place></st1:City>,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
When was the last time you ever had a fresh tomato off the vine and had so many to make the best Bloody Mary’s on earth. <o:p></o:p>
You silly mountain man you. <o:p></o:p>
PM me your address and I will send you some seeds when you thaw out for next year my friend. Do you have soil by chance up there in the stratosphere. <o:p></o:p>
I have some killer pepper seeds too.<o:p></o:p>
Reloaded some rounds the other day just for the newcomers that we are on topic. :rofl:<o:p></o:p>

kcramer
11-11-2010, 01:11
Coopers Rock I 68?

We were going to a GSSF match and 3 years ago we had lot of sleet build up on the way over the mountain.

Down the other side it turned into HEAVY RAIN for the rest of the trip.

Yup...that's the one. Different world from the Rock on Eastward.