Remington 870 armors manual ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Remington 870 armors manual ?

mainegunner
11-10-2010, 14:15
Anyone know where to get a armors manual for the remington 870? Maybe aippi might know thank's.

aippi
11-10-2010, 15:19
Brownells has this Book. Get it. "The Remington Shotgun, a shop Manual" by Jerry Kuhnhausen. It will show you anything you need to know to repair and maintain the 870, 1100 and the 1187.

I saw copies of it at the Remington Factory so I know the guys up there even use it.

mainegunner
11-10-2010, 17:15
That's good to hear I just ordered that book from brownell's. Glad to see you recommend this book. I also just mailed you a money order for some parts. Hopefully you will receive it by friday. Thank's for all your help and thank's for your service to our country. I have a buddy over in afgan right now. He is also a MARINE haven't heard from him in a bit and I pray all is well.

aippi
11-10-2010, 21:43
You will notice the book has a few years on it. Not a problem as the 870 has not changed since it was published except for some different finishes and furniture. I have stuff that I got from the factory armorers class that was copied from that book so I consider it the "definitive Remington Shotgun manual". But be warned, there are a bunch of guys on these internet sites that know more then Kuhnhausen cause a guy will ask a question that I am not sure of and I will grab the book and answer from that and five guys jump in how wrong the answer is. Still waiting for their book to come out, just kidding. The book is all you need to keep your 870 up and barking.