Fitting New Trigger [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fitting New Trigger

Edmo01
11-11-2010, 07:35
I'm trying to fit a new Cylinder and Slide trigger in my Colt Mk IV Series 80 full sized Government Model.

The pistol is stock and with the stock trigger it has a fairly short length of pull. The reviews suggest it is a "drop in trigger" with minimal fitting, however when I try to install it into my pistol it appears to be about 1/8" too long.

I had to do some minor honing of the aluminum portion to get it to smoothly slide without dragging, but it is smooth now. however, when fully seated into the pistol the rear steel bow sticks out far enough to interfere with the disconnector/sear. It is as if the front curved portion of the steel bow is bottoming out.

Is there more shaping required? it looks like the steel bow portion is just a bit too long to fit.

I'm open to suggestions.

Edmo

samuse
11-11-2010, 07:44
If there is pretravel tabs on the front of the bow, they may need to be bent in a little. Or the bow is a little too big for the trigger tracks and needs to be stoned down a bit. I've never used a C&S trigger, not sure how they look.

I usually let my 'smith do my series 80 triggers.

Quack
11-11-2010, 09:01
Iirc, the C&S trigger is made by Grieder. He needs to retool because it seems that the triggers being made are way oversized. To get the proper amount of pretravel, you'll need to work on the sear feet.

Quack
11-11-2010, 09:05
And here's a thread started by Mr. Rogers.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=290791

11-12-2010, 20:53
Based on what we are reading--I would call C&S for their opinion, and possibly buy a Wilson Combat Trigger.

Edmo01
11-12-2010, 23:18
Based on what we are reading--I would call C&S for their opinion, and possibly buy a Wilson Combat Trigger.
I called C&S and all of their knowledgeable staff were out deer hunting and will be out of the office until the end of the week... The guy on the phone was little to no help, so no more C&S parts for me.

MidwayUSA said return the trigger and they would credit my card, so while I was on the phone with them I ordered a Wilson Combat trigger. It'll be here Thursday.

I'm just amazed that an aftermarket trigger had a bow that far out of spec. We'll see what the Wilson looks like. Based on reputation, I'm expecting good things!

Edmo

motorcopm4
11-13-2010, 08:09
And here's a thread started by Mr. Rogers.

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=290791

Thanks

Quack
11-13-2010, 08:24
i've been recommending the Wilson Flat Trigger because of the trigger bow being too long on the 10-8. There is no problem with the 10-8 on the EMP because by design its a shorter trigger, which means that the tooling is different than what is used for the standard 1911's.

Edmo01
11-20-2010, 18:23
New Wilson trigger arrived and in less than 15 minutes it was installed... This trigger basically only needed minor fitting and it fell into place. I've got the Cylinder and Slide trigger packed up and ready to return.

My Colt 1911 is happy again and back in it's holster on my side.

Edmo

Quack
11-20-2010, 23:50
good to hear. :)

custom2
11-21-2010, 15:33
For this reason alone, I will only be using Wilson triggers from now on. It is so annoying having to grind down sear legs to get things to work right.