Century Arms 12ga SxS Coach Gun. Thoughts? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Century Arms 12ga SxS Coach Gun. Thoughts?

JK-linux
11-11-2010, 08:54

MrMurphy
11-11-2010, 09:36
It's Century Arms. That alone would make me exceedingly hesitant to use it for anything serious.

JK-linux
11-11-2010, 09:40

Jeff51
11-11-2010, 14:39
I've had one for almost 2 uears and have had no problems. Only put a few hundred rounds through it so far, mix of birdshot and 00 buck. The fit and finish was pretty good. The only thing I did to it was to polish the chambers so at the slightest tilt back the emptys would fall out. Both of my boys want one also. The lock up is still tight, disassembles quite easy into 3 pieces. Bottom line is I like it and would not hesitate to but another!! Its not my only shotgun I have had 2 590's, one of witch I still have.

aippi
11-11-2010, 15:32
I sold a few of these when I first got my ffl. The first 12ga was bought by a guy that tried to shoot cowboy match with it, what ever the heck that is. The vent rib blew off and he was unable to finish the match with it. The first 20ga had a major issue as it would not lock up with a shell in it and when my client contacted them he found out this: The warranty starts when they leave the factory and the warranty on that 20 was up on April 16th and I got these weapons on April 21st. I raised hell with them and they took it back but the client had to pay shipping. The Second 20ga had an etraction issue and was under warranty but the client had to pay shipping to send it back to them. The second 12ga has never been fired. It was bought by John Kennedy and he carved a beautiful stage coach seen on it and it is hanging on the wall of a Wells Fargo Bank, so that one is fine.

This was over 4 years ago, so maybe quality has improved. I don't know and it does not matter as I will never sell them, own them or even have them in my home or shop. Junk, pure Junk.

JK-linux
11-11-2010, 16:08

MrMurphy
11-12-2010, 03:57
Century is primarily an importer, but when they do work on weapons, the "drunken monkeys with sledgehammers" technique is generally observed. I had a Century CETME for a short while that worked correctly, so maybe the monkeys were sober that day, but the vast majority of Century weapons need extensive inspection or work before I would trust them for serious use.