GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS on this Veterans Day! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS, GOOD NEWS on this Veterans Day!

GioaJack
11-11-2010, 11:23
UNCLEBOB IS ALRIGHT!

Just received a PM from Unclebob, he is well and just as crotchety as ever! His computer suffered a catastrophic failure, apparently from a double charge of useless Dillon 650 information, and has been offline.

He sent me a PM from his neighbors computer, hopes to either have his fixed or a new one shortly.

The news makes this Veterans Day that much nicer. For those of you who don't know the old bastard, Unclebob started flying Specter Gun Ships in Vietnam and is retired from the Air Force. He now lives down in God's waiting room enjoying the warm weather.

Good to have you back Bob. We need someone to pick on... Little Stevis isn't a challenge.

Jack

Bob2223
11-11-2010, 11:41
Thats good news !
Thanks for posting the info.

"His computer suffered a catastrophic failure, apparently from a double charge of useless Dillon 650 information".

:rofl:

Bob

PCJim
11-11-2010, 12:30
I was wondering if a drive to St. Marys was in order. Good news to hear!

ron59
11-11-2010, 13:28
"His computer suffered a catastrophic failure, apparently from a double charge of useless Dillon 650 information.

Hmmmm..... I'm wondering if this had anything to do with that thread about WTF!??

I told you that stuff was dangerous, it done blowed up his computer just from him reading about it !

IndyGunFreak
11-11-2010, 15:45
Jack... That's indeed great news.

Is it a Laptop or PC?
Does he know whats wrong with it?
Did he get an estimate to Fix it, and just can't afford it?

A lot of places(like Worst Buy, etc..) their "Geeks" don't know their rear end from a hole in the ground. A lot of times a PC can be repaired, and they'll tell you it's "to old" to repair, because they want to sell you a new one... That's not to say it isn't, but I've fixed a bazillion PC's that Worst Buy.. "couldn't get parts for"..

If you don't wanna discuss it here, just send me a PM.

GioaJack
11-11-2010, 15:52
Jack... That's indeed great news.

Is it a Laptop or PC?
Does he know whats wrong with it?
Did he get an estimate to Fix it, and just can't afford it?

A lot of places(like Worst Buy, etc..) their "Geeks" don't know their rear end from a hole in the ground. A lot of times a PC can be repaired, and they'll tell you it's "to old" to repair, because they want to sell you a new one... That's not to say it isn't, but I've fixed a bazillion PC's that Worst Buy.. "couldn't get parts for"..

If you don't wanna discuss it here, just send me a PM.

Indy:

I didn't take the old man to raise, how the hell do I know what's wrong with his computer. Some of his oldness probably rubbed off on it and it just gave up the ghost and died.

I'm just happy the old guy is still around stealing oxygen. Said he's gonna get a new computer... probably waiting for his stimulus check to arrive... either that or he's gonna start selling some really old blood.

Jack

WiskyT
11-11-2010, 17:21
Glad to hear his doing fine. Since it took him a month or so to walk next door to use his neighbor's computer, we now have to wait an equal amount of time for him to walk back home.

unclebob
11-11-2010, 18:06
My desk top computer got a trojan virus. One of my shooting friends, that knows a lot more about computers, Than i well ever know about them is working on it. It took about a month before the trojan raised its ugly head for him saturday night. Talking too my neighber last night he is leting me use his lap top computer until Pete gets mine fixed or I buy A new one. Right now A new computer is taking A back seat too everything else that is breaking this year around here.

n2extrm
11-11-2010, 18:13
unclebob,

Glad to hear you are OK. A bad computer virus should be the worst thing that happens in life! Maybe you can get it some health insurance under the new health care bill? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

IndyGunFreak
11-11-2010, 19:50
My desk top computer got a trojan virus. One of my shooting friends, that knows a lot more about computers, Than i well ever know about them is working on it. It took about a month before the trojan raised its ugly head for him saturday night. Talking too my neighber last night he is leting me use his lap top computer until Pete gets mine fixed or I buy A new one. Right now A new computer is taking A back seat too everything else that is breaking this year around here.

A month?

Just reinstall your OS.. Either w/ the restore partition on the Hard Drive of the PC, or call the manufacturer of the PC, and get a recovery disk(will probably cost 15-35 bucks)and reinstall from the CD. You might have even gotten recovery CD's when you bought the PC. There's no real reason that should take that long.

What is the make/model of your PC, if you know?

IGF