Decision Time...Opinions [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Decision Time...Opinions

Agent6-3/8
11-11-2010, 13:08
Walked into the gunshop today and found they had a Colt XSE Commander and a Colt Rail Gun with the black Cerekote finish. I'd love to bring them both home, but thats not an option. So the question is which one?

I've already got quality leather for the Commander. But the stock grip safety would have to go, as well as the FLGR and perhaps the ambi safety. Sights would be changed as well.

On the other hand , I've hand a hankering for a railed 1911 for sometime and have visions of it being a duty gun someday. (probably never happen, but hey, I can dream) I definitely like its G.I. recoil setup. Only thing I'd change on this one is the 3 dot sight in favor of a tritium front and 10-8 or Wilson Ultimate Speed Sight rear. (and maybe remore the ambi safety)

Opinions? Colt's don't hang around long and I plan to pick one of them up tomorrow or saturday.

samuse
11-11-2010, 13:32
If you're gonna change all that, you'd have a nicer gun if you bought a NRM Commander and had it built like you want.

The Colt Rail Gun is nice, but I really think I like the Springfield Operators better.

bac1023
11-11-2010, 14:22
I've got the XSE Commander that's been fine. I think there are better values for the dollar though.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu324/cutillo_2009/000_3690.jpg

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu324/cutillo_2009/000_3691.jpg

Agent6-3/8
11-11-2010, 14:43
Thanks for the input guys!

samuse, I'm a big Springfield fan, but when it comes to railed guns, I dislike the aesthetics of Springfield's offerings. (unless you spring for the Pro)

bac, I agree. It too bad there are so few offering for true commander spec 1911's.

Disregarded9-side
11-12-2010, 16:06
I've got the XSE Commander that's been fine. I think there are better values for the dollar though.

I've been hunting for a commander sized 1911 at or under $1K, what others were you referring to being better values? Really the only one that I think I can find that has most of the whistles/no horrific aesthetics is the Kimber Pro Carry...and that has no front strap serrations until I drop 4-500 more dollars :(