Ford Everest 4x4 Reviews Needed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ford Everest 4x4 Reviews Needed

Putok-Glock
11-12-2010, 18:20
Hi Bros,

I need your help and guidance here. I havent rode any everest before and I did a search here but the latest info was in 2007 pa. I've seen one 4x2 a/t in Ford Libis and I was impressed by its interiors and the 3rd row seat is quite roomy. The 4x4 a/t is high on my list.

But I might get a Montero 4x4 a/t as I already have the estrada for 3years now and the performance is very good from the very start til now @ 106,000 km. Also the warranty service in Mits Casa is good and reasonably priced. But the estrada is quite bouncy in the rear seats.

One primary consideration is a 3rd row seat thats comfy for a long ride in our type of roads as I intend to use it as a car for a family of 6 + driver, and can double as a range car so its should be 4x4 :supergrin: I dont want a Fortuner due to its alleged D4D engine problems.

TIA

Allegra
11-12-2010, 18:32
Montero na!! 3.2li , 4x4 a/t!
resale value is my consideration

itosh
11-12-2010, 18:50
i have a 2nd gen 3.0 4x4 everest (ford libis din), almost the same lang sa latest ngayon na facelifted and 18" magwheels na, about sa 3rd seat ride for me its bouncy unless you replace the shocks to a better brands most of them uses "pro-comp" or "rancho"...mas cheaper ata procomp :), my mileage is 5-6 kms/l city driving (med. traffic)...roomy lang talga 3rd seat although i used it for cargos lang always naka-fold or somtimes tinatanggal ko pa yung 3rd seat chair para mas maluwag kung malaki-laki yung ikakarga..

haven't rode montero pa din but afaik naka coil spring na sya sa rear yung eve leaf spring lang, maybe plus yun sa comfort riding ng 3rd seat...and mas sporty dating ng montero sport :)

IMO

edit: i know theres a 2.5L na 4x4 i dunno if AT, mas matipid sa diesel 2.5L to 3.0L nagsabay na kmi sa biyahe almost 1/2 and differnce..

MAJINKONG
11-12-2010, 19:05
i have a friend who in late 2008 ay nalaspag ang piston ng brand new Everest niya kasi bumibiyahe siya sa SCTEX then (from Tarlac to Dinalupihan, twice a week) at a speed of 140 to 180 kph.. six months lang bumigay na piston ring.

edtf
11-12-2010, 19:28
I tried out the 4x4 during their 4x4 demo/trials at the Fort - pretty good.
One thing to consider: Everest was the most carnapped / carjacked vehicle a year or two ago and the current king is the Montero sport :whistling:

atmarcella
11-12-2010, 19:29
we test drove the 4x2, medyo bouncy, the montero sport has better ride.

Putok-Glock
11-12-2010, 21:37
Montero na!! 3.2li , 4x4 a/t!
resale value is my consideration

Sa totoo lang mas pabor ako sa montero bcoz its the same engine as my etrada a/t. But I was trying for a change kung sakali dahil lahat ng cars nagamit ko 95% ay Mits. But all things equal, Montero na ko, the re-sale value is a good bonus on the side.

i have a 2nd gen 3.0 4x4 everest (ford libis din), almost the same lang sa latest ngayon na facelifted and 18" magwheels na, about sa 3rd seat ride for me its bouncy unless you replace the shocks to a better brands most of them uses "pro-comp" or "rancho"...mas cheaper ata procomp :), my mileage is 5-6 kms/l city driving (med. traffic)...roomy lang talga 3rd seat although i used it for cargos lang always naka-fold or somtimes tinatanggal ko pa yung 3rd seat chair para mas maluwag kung malaki-laki yung ikakarga..

haven't rode montero pa din but afaik naka coil spring na sya sa rear yung eve leaf spring lang, maybe plus yun sa comfort riding ng 3rd seat...and mas sporty dating ng montero sport :)

IMO

edit: i know theres a 2.5L na 4x4 i dunno if AT, mas matipid sa diesel 2.5L to 3.0L nagsabay na kmi sa biyahe almost 1/2 and differnce..

5-6km/L! Grabe yun!

i have a friend who in late 2008 ay nalaspag ang piston ng brand new Everest niya kasi bumibiyahe siya sa SCTEX then (from Tarlac to Dinalupihan, twice a week) at a speed of 140 to 180 kph.. six months lang bumigay na piston ring.

Papaano na kaya kng byahe nya Legazpi-Manila-Legazpi weekly dahil may Lev 3 match lagi?!:whistling: Thats 1,000+km each round trip... Pero di ko naman din kaya ung 140-180 kph speed, but still thats not a good perf record.

I tried out the 4x4 during their 4x4 demo/trials at the Fort - pretty good.
One thing to consider: Everest was the most carnapped / carjacked vehicle a year or two ago and the current king is the Montero sport :whistling:

we test drove the 4x2, medyo bouncy, the montero sport has better ride.

Lamang and Montero sa Everest to date so far, kahit sa carnap data hehe...keep it coming, the more inputs the best for me....

9MX
11-12-2010, 22:59
Montero pa din! for other viewpoints, check out the carchart

http://www.motioncars.com/

Eye Cutter
11-13-2010, 00:23
best engine and ride of all available SUV's right now is still the Isuzu Alterra. Even better ride and power than the Trooper.

Downside for me is that it looks like a pick -up with a camper shell. That's why hindi ko mabitawan Trooper ko!

Eye Cutter
11-13-2010, 00:23
best engine and ride of all available SUV's right now is still the Isuzu Alterra. Even better ride and power than the Trooper.

Downside for me is that it looks like a pick -up with a camper shell. That's why hindi ko mabitawan Trooper ko!

pipo
11-13-2010, 01:08

my wife thinks the alterra looks like an upgraded funeral car. Otherwise the isuzu quality is legendary.

Wp.22
11-13-2010, 01:40
kung iibahin ang design ng allterra pwede na kaso pangit eh. aalam mo naman ang pinoy exterior first ang tinitignan tsaka na kung malakas sa gas at mahal ang parts at least may pogi points.

Allegra
11-13-2010, 04:01
sa 3.2 na strada , going 130kph is like 80 kph lang sa kotse
ang tahimik
Proven na makina yan kasi yan din makina ng shogun
Proven din na mahal ang maintence
Yun lang

Putok-Glock
11-13-2010, 05:33
Montero pa din! for other viewpoints, check out the carchart

http://www.motioncars.com/

Nice read 'nix, lalo ako nakumbinsi sa Montero. But i was wondering about the write up sa Everest2009, masyado negative compared to the one made on model 2007 w/c was very +, pero made by one and the same author. pano kaya un??

I had 1999trooper I already sold. One thing that I wont forget about it was its smooth ride in the back seats even on bumby roads thats bcoz it used torsion bars as suspension. Compared to my Pajero of same yr. model, the pajero is far more bouncy w/ coil springs as suspension.

sa 3.2 na strada , going 130kph is like 80 kph lang sa kotse
ang tahimik
Proven na makina yan kasi yan din makina ng shogun
Proven din na mahal ang maintence
Yun lang

Last week,w/ my strada 3.2 a/t mod97, may nakahabolan ako brand new Montero going to Matnog Sorsogon, I was speeding @ 150kph, the engine felt relaxed and had power reserve pa. The Montero just passed by w/o much ado and effort. Gusto ko sana sabayan pero surrender dibdib ko:supergrin: Estimate ko nasa 160+kph yung Montero. Pero nasa break-in pa ata yun, wala pa plate#!
Maintenance-wise, wala pa ako experience dahil w/ odo @ 106,000km already, oks na oks pa makina.

Kumusta yung Strada nyo Sir A, nabasa ko sa searched thread ko You have 1...

Allegra
11-13-2010, 07:30
Maganda strada
Used a lot sa bundok,ilog, mud, rocks, no roads where a lot of trucks got stuck. Pati bisita namin foreigner bilib pang off road
Sa SCTEX 15 min to subic
97 din yung akin, there's some squeking sa rear suspension pero yun lang naman
My biggest complaint is it costs 12t every checkup period. Nasa 50k kms pa lang

The kids are grown and nahihilig din kami sa roadtrips recently so antay ko lang january for a montero din.
Interioir is better than the fortuner's( plus it's cheaper )
Resale is better then the everest

I have a 93 everest( hindi pa crdi ), in fairness matibay at maluwag and the 3rd seat can fit 1.5 Allegras
No complaints din except....it's ugly hehe

mtho
11-13-2010, 08:27
i am eyeing the new kia sorento.diesel engine,5years warranty or 150tkm warranty, plus 200hp sound real good.

Vault Keeper
11-13-2010, 09:40
I have a 2007 4x2 Everest A/T...happy with the performance. So when I sold the Revo, got another (4x2 A/T pa rin) Everest...my primary consideration is the space. Ang laki talaga sa loob compared to other SUVs (even vs. the Nissan Patrol that looks like a monster size from the outside).

Downside...and lakas sa krudo! City driving average is about 7-8kms/liter!

But all in all, Im happy with it.

Eye Cutter
11-13-2010, 11:55
3.0 ba displacement ng everest? if it is, that's about right sa fuel consumption. 7-8km/l pag city driving.

my 8yr old 3.0 trooper just reached the 100k mark. fuel consumption ko is still a respectable 7km/liter sa city driving. hiway, around 13-14km/l average pag hindi hataw

isuzu
11-13-2010, 11:59

Looks like the engine was shut down a lot of times while hot. It's usually wise to cool down a turbocharged diesel engine after being run for a long period of time without any load (accessories off, including aircon). It also allows for cooler oil to run through the turbocharger's bearings during the cool down period. A turbo-timer comes in handy.

Another cause of this may have been the use of an engine oil that did not meet the specs of the engine.

9MX
11-13-2010, 15:41
Nice read 'nix, lalo ako nakumbinsi sa Montero. But i was wondering about the write up sa Everest2009, masyado negative compared to the one made on model 2007 w/c was very +, pero made by one and the same author. pano kaya un??

Normal yan kasi specs changes e. The 2009 model is compared to its 09 contemporaries, so the rating may change based on the improvement that took place.The site has yet to fail me.It was my reference when I bought a Mazda 3 2.0 in 2005, and I was happy. I'm also happy with my newly acquired Honda Civic 1.8S,and its because of the reviews from that site.

atmarcella
11-13-2010, 19:29
Another cause of this may have been the use of an engine oil that did not meet the specs of the engine.

yah, dapat api cj-4 or ci-4 man lang.

Putok-Glock
11-15-2010, 09:25
mga Bro,

maraming salamat sa inputs nyo, u and your opinions all have my highest regard. I can say u really love your cars coz you really know your cars a lot!

I also made efforts to have as much info regarding these cars in and out of the net, searched and talked to owners of both cars but everests' are scarcer compared to that of Montero.

Perf-wise, think they are both ok, mas sikat lang na malayo ang montero. Kahit san ako lumingon, may Mont.

Durability, accdg to everst owners, matibay eto, far better sa iba nilang cars. Mont owners cant say yet dahil ilang taon pa lang eto sa market.

Effeciency, mas malakas daw sa crudo Everest. But thats to be expected dahil mas malakas daw humatak ang Eve ksa Mont.

Riding comfort, mas comfortable ride ang Mont specially sa likod only if space is not a consideration.

Amenities, lamang masyado Eve. Sa LTD model, Navi ready na, +5,000 ung electronic map. Ung ICE package is standard w/c is the audio-video system sa loob, w/ 3 vid screens. Sa Mont plain stereo only.

Space for passengers, maluwag ang Eve for 7 pax, Mont cannot really compare, masikip kahit pilitin.

Price, mahal konti ang everest, pero konting konti lang. it depends a lot on discounts by the dealers. Im comparing only the everest 3.0 4x4 a/t LTD vs Montero 3.2 4x4 a/t SE.

Outside appearance, marami nagsasabi maganda masyado and Mont, at Everest is not, not even comparable.

Summing up everything, think I will go w/ EVEREST! Pangit, parang Glock di ba?! :supergrin:
I was really impressed by its spacious interior, w/c I really need now...

my .02:wavey:

Eye Cutter
11-15-2010, 09:28
how about ford's legendary un-reliability issues P-G? wala ba issues sa everest?

Putok-Glock
11-15-2010, 09:36
i am eyeing the new kia sorento.diesel engine,5years warranty or 150tkm warranty, plus 200hp sound real good.

Bro, balita ko mahigpit ang Kia sa warranty conditions like hyundai. Isang palya ka lang daw sa prescribed check up, void agad warranty. Sa mits very considerate sila, at least sa experience ko. Nag loss of power strada ko 2x dahil sa dirty diesel, pinalitan ung fuel valve 2x din free kahit hindi ko masyado nasunod reqts nila.

Pero better ask the SA para sure...

Putok-Glock
11-15-2010, 09:40
how about ford's legendary un-reliability issues P-G? wala ba issues sa everest?

Doc, wala ako info jan. Care to be specific? Yung mga everest owners I talked to including BoGs posts here did not mention anything like it.

goodtj
11-15-2010, 14:14
F ix
O r
R epair
D aily

F ound
O n
R oad
D ead

old monikers for ford
:supergrin:

Putok-Glock
11-15-2010, 17:01
F ix
O r
R epair
D aily

F ound
O n
R oad
D ead

old monikers for ford

Thanks. Now you stopped me on my tracks again:shocked:

But Im a well travelled guy usually by land (ahtsay can be my reference person on this:supergrin:), I havent seen an everest na nakatirik in metro and outside roads for years now.

hey, Im not pitching for Ford, hehehe... mas ok nga yan. Can you share your experience here, pls? I need it now more than ever:wavey:

Eye Cutter
11-15-2010, 17:20
P-G: My doubts stem from Ford's history of vehicle recalls. Well, even the vaunted toyota reliability was rocked with a major recall recently, di ba? But Ford and the 2 other US car manufacturers has over the years been plagued with recalls more than the japanese makers. Although the Euro and Japanese divisions' vehicles seems more reliable than the US models. If I remember correctly, horge had problems with their ford focus sedan a couple of years back. I'd research it well before I take the plunge.

atmarcella
11-15-2010, 18:33
reliability wise ang eve wala pako masyado nabasa sa forums na negative about her, nag research din kasi ako sa eve, ang cousin in law ko who used to own ford libis said the ride can be improved by taking out one leaf spring, tested daw nila.

ang hyundai bro well.... me isa sa santa fe club na nag miss ng isang PMS nya, but he was still accomodated by the warranty.... i think depende sa dealer.

i-prolong mo pa research mo sir... sarap mag research ng kotse hehehehehe.

ans3288
11-15-2010, 19:03
your one of the lucky ones doc! my tropper 2000 model, is already at the 200k odo mark, but the engine is not sounding that nice already, the dreaded injector problems. mine was not part of the recall, so i didnt want to change the injectors and spend 100k pesos. its still chugging along, but ocassionaly spews black smoke when u press the throttle too fast :rofl:

3.0 ba displacement ng everest? if it is, that's about right sa fuel consumption. 7-8km/l pag city driving.

my 8yr old 3.0 trooper just reached the 100k mark. fuel consumption ko is still a respectable 7km/liter sa city driving. hiway, around 13-14km/l average pag hindi hataw

goodtj
11-15-2010, 19:18
Thanks. Now you stopped me on my tracks again:shocked:

But Im a well travelled guy usually by land (ahtsay can be my reference person on this:supergrin:), I havent seen an everest na nakatirik in metro and outside roads for years now.

hey, Im not pitching for Ford, hehehe... mas ok nga yan. Can you share your experience here, pls? I need it now more than ever:wavey:

don't be discouraged as i said these are old monickers proper care and maintenace is still more important

atmarcella
11-15-2010, 19:22
sir, this is a good read top gear (http://www.topgear.com.ph/features/columns/wrong-car-right-car-online/suv-choices-should-you-go-german-korean-or-japanese)

Allegra
11-15-2010, 19:24

no issues w/ mine but it's the old everest
4x everyday back and forth ang byahe sa slex panghatid sa bata for years na
Dont even remember the last time ako nagpachange oil

Eye Cutter
11-15-2010, 20:21
Bong: I am also thinking of getting a new ride next year. same predicament. ang hirap pumili. hahaha!

Everest vs. Montero vs. Fortuner.

personally, gusto ko exterior look ng current everest model. brusko, masculine. styling similar to the range rover, which is ford owned na pala. (akala ko bmw ang mayari ng rover?) Mas maluwag and plush ang interior space nung everest. Full amenities. downside for me is the big tire carrier. takaw sa bangga pag nag-mane-obra ka! sobrang naka usli! hahaha!

Montero: It looks slimmer, more streamlined, although when you go near it ang laki ng mga fenders and mas mataas overall height. downside. nang pumasok ako, masikip pala interior and low ceiling! Di ko type yung step board. parang ginawa ng shark na after market maker ng stainless bull bars.

Fortuner: downside, luma na, dated body. upside, baka maglabas ng new model next year

HP rating, almost the same sila at 140-145 hp.

nadrive ko na montero 3.2 AT ni albert, medyo nahihinaan ako sa torque. feeling ko underpowered pa rin. and masikip! 3 adults sa likod rubbing elbows na. the 3rd row pang kids lang.

fortuner, mas maluwag legroom pero the jump seats are practically useless! haven't driven one pero ng nakasakay ako malakas hatak

everest di ko pa na-try so no idea how the engine performs.

Full size Pajero sana pero out of budget na!

in the end.... what to get? what to get?

isuzu
11-15-2010, 20:46
F ix
O r
R epair
D aily

F ound
O n
R oad
D ead

old monikers for ford

Not anymore. Ford has made a complete turn around. Profits are up, and they are now the most reliable domestic manufacturer for both cars and trucks. The Ford F150 has been a best seller since the new F150 was released.

Allegra
11-16-2010, 04:51
Bong: I am also thinking of getting a new ride next year. same predicament. ang hirap pumili. hahaha!

Everest vs. Montero vs. Fortuner.

personally, gusto ko exterior look ng current everest model. brusko, masculine. styling similar to the range rover, which is ford owned na pala. (akala ko bmw ang mayari ng rover?) Mas maluwag and plush ang interior space nung everest. Full amenities. downside for me is the big tire carrier. takaw sa bangga pag nag-mane-obra ka! sobrang naka usli! hahaha!

Montero: It looks slimmer, more streamlined, although when you go near it ang laki ng mga fenders and mas mataas overall height. downside. nang pumasok ako, masikip pala interior and low ceiling! Di ko type yung step board. parang ginawa ng shark na after market maker ng stainless bull bars.

Fortuner: downside, luma na, dated body. upside, baka maglabas ng new model next year

HP rating, almost the same sila at 140-145 hp.

nadrive ko na montero 3.2 AT ni albert, medyo nahihinaan ako sa torque. feeling ko underpowered pa rin. and masikip! 3 adults sa likod rubbing elbows na. the 3rd row pang kids lang.

fortuner, mas maluwag legroom pero the jump seats are practically useless! haven't driven one pero ng nakasakay ako malakas hatak

everest di ko pa na-try so no idea how the engine performs.

Full size Pajero sana pero out of budget na!

in the end.... what to get? what to get?

Meron tayo nakalimutan na japanese SUV
Mazda CX7!
Wala nga lang ako alam sa kanya though it doesnt look like a 4x4
and I need one that can go off road

Eye Cutter
11-16-2010, 05:46
fafa A: yeah maganda nga rin cx9 and cx7 pero gas lang mazda. i want diesel engine

Allegra
11-16-2010, 09:07
fafa A: yeah maganda nga rin cx9 and cx7 pero gas lang mazda. i want diesel engine

Sa mega mall 1.74 M na pala ang fortuner
Then the 2011 will cost ? 1.9m?
Maganda kaya? the rav4 kasi just got uglier

Sa ngayon montero pa rin ako even though I've had bad experinces w/ their sedans

PMMA97
11-16-2010, 15:02
Not anymore. Ford has made a complete turn around. Profits are up, and they are now the most reliable domestic manufacturer for both cars and trucks. The Ford F150 has been a best seller since the new F150 was released.

Sa North American market lang ba yan or pati dito?

atmarcella
11-16-2010, 17:36
kung gusto nyo maluwag pasok kayo sa santa fe, magugulat kayo, ang pinaka downside nya lang is the korean stigma, once you get over that and open your eyes, sold na. as for resale value, if you plan to keep the car for 5 or less, dont buy it, but if you're planning, say like 8-10, pwedeng pwede. after 10 kasi wala na value ang kotse. even the banks write if off after 10.

Eye Cutter
11-16-2010, 17:55
even si botchie ng top gear swears by the kia sorrento!

actually maganda style ng mga korean cars. pininfarina yata designers kinuha nila

atmarcella
11-16-2010, 17:57
ako engine habol ko, sila lang naka 3rd gen crdi, bosch made, talo pa ng 2.2 nila mga 3.0 and 3.2 even!

atmarcella
11-16-2010, 17:58
6spd pa ang trans...compared to what? 4? sa mga kalaban nila!

Allegra
11-16-2010, 17:59
even si botchie ng top gear swears by the kia sorrento!

actually maganda style ng mga korean cars. pininfarina yata designers kinuha nila

who designed the kia soul kaya? :)

Eye Cutter
11-16-2010, 18:01
ayaw ni pot design ng kia sooul, para daw futuristic funeral car! hahaha!

atmarcella
11-16-2010, 18:09
agree... medyo weird yun hehehe.

Eye Cutter
11-16-2010, 18:14
giugaro ital design pala consultant ng hyundai-kia. pero meron na sila sariling design studio in the USA

http://www.hatci.com/

atmarcella
11-16-2010, 18:26
one thing to consider when going korean is the distributor. HARI the distributor of hyundai is korean owned, just like jap owned TMPC, HCPI etc, they only have minority pinoy shareholders. while kia is majority pinoy owned...columbia motors corp, so sa research ko, ang mga problems, if ever there are, are resolved faster by HARI than columbia, sablay daw talaga ang aftersales ng columbia. this is from what ive read from various pinoy car forums.

Allegra
11-16-2010, 20:05
Kamusta mga 4x4 capabilities ng korean suvs?

atmarcella
11-17-2010, 18:17
wala sila 4x4 fafa, AWD sa kanila, ika nga eh, 4x? hehehehe. kung 4x4 on a budget the best ang suzuki jimny.

Allegra
11-17-2010, 18:48
whats th diff between a 4x4 and an awd?
Yun lang, I need a 4x4 kasi

atmarcella
11-17-2010, 18:56
yung AWD mahina sa off road bro, para lang yan sa semento na slippery, for example buhos ang ulan sa slex pero gusto mo pa rin tumakbo ng 180 then AWD will definitely help, or bumabagyo at gusto mo pa rin umakyat ng tagaytay via talisay, then AWD will really really help. pero pag off road na....putik na...goodbye na hehe.

atmarcella
11-17-2010, 18:57
yung AWD parang silahis, tapos ang 4x4 totoong lalaki whahahahahaha.

edtf
11-17-2010, 19:23
whats th diff between a 4x4 and an awd?
Yun lang, I need a 4x4 kasi

AWD is built for paved traction control. 4x4 is for traction and gearing for off the road thus you have low and high gear setting and some even put lockers so that both left and right would always turn with the power ratio 1:1. Mas aggressive gearing ratio of the 4x4 - bagamat sa bike mtb siya :D

Allegra
11-17-2010, 19:47
mountainbike na pambundok!I guess montero pa rin

isuzu
11-17-2010, 21:37
AWD is built for paved traction control. 4x4 is for traction and gearing for off the road thus you have low and high gear setting and some even put lockers so that both left and right would always turn with the power ratio 1:1. Mas aggressive gearing ratio of the 4x4 - bagamat sa bike mtb siya :D

The newer Suzuki Grand Vitara is a full-time 4X4. It also has a 4X4 diff lock and a 4X4 low setting. Although, I would have preferred the old Grand Vitara 4X4 selector (4X2, 4X4 high, N, 4X4 low) The Subaru is an AWD. I'm glad that I have a Grand Vitara. It has been snowing since yesterday, and the snow is already knee-deep in some areas.

isuzu
11-17-2010, 21:41
Sa North American market lang ba yan or pati dito?

The vehicles that come from North America that are sold there have a very good reputation now. I hope they launch the Ford Edge, the new Ford Taurus and the F-series pickups including the F-250 and F-350. The F150 has very good fuel consumption compared to the old ones.

isuzu
11-17-2010, 21:45
Kamusta mga 4x4 capabilities ng korean suvs?

They're pretty good. My boss regretted selling his Hyundai Tucson. It has very good traction especially in the snow. The new Kia Sportage, I believe, share the same platform with the Tucson, but only with stiffer suspension.

On the other hand, the new Toyota Sienna has sport suspension and standard 6-speed automatic transmission with sport mode.

Putok-Glock
11-18-2010, 10:44
Mga Bros,

Im really grateful for all your inputs. I got more than the help I asked for. This thread turned out to be a great learning experience to me too. Your opinions are another proof that BoGs is not just another forum. :bowdown:

Doc, napakahirap talaga pumili! Mas ok pa ata kung wala ka option.

Atma, nahilo lalo ako sa top gear, lalo dumami options:supergrin: but tnx for the info. Its a great help.

Im paying attention to all of you BoGs. Both the positive and negative thoughts were signs of maturity and strong convictions. And were shared in good faith. My decision is not carved in stone. I still have a few days to act on it. But after reading and re-reading all of the above, Everest is not a bad choice. Hindi lang sya sikat. Lahat naman ng bagay hindi perfect for everybody. Its just a matter of willing to live w/ the imperfection.

When the time of reckoning comes, I will let you Know...1911 ba o Glock???:supergrin:

mtho
11-18-2010, 13:09
one thing to consider when going korean is the distributor. HARI the distributor of hyundai is korean owned, just like jap owned TMPC, HCPI etc, they only have minority pinoy shareholders. while kia is majority pinoy owned...columbia motors corp, so sa research ko, ang mga problems, if ever there are, are resolved faster by HARI than columbia, sablay daw talaga ang aftersales ng columbia. this is from what ive read from various pinoy car forums.

ay sayang, i was leaning towards the kia because of the new body design, or maybe because it had ample gunstorage sa likod :tongueout:. and same engine sila ng new santa fe. ganda ng layout ng loob ng kia eh. lalo na yung me sunroof

kcboy
11-26-2010, 15:59
wala sila 4x4 fafa, AWD sa kanila, ika nga eh, 4x? hehehehe. kung 4x4 on a budget the best ang suzuki jimny.

i believe the new kia sorrento is 4wd, has 4h and 4low, although it has the 4x2 model, too.

atmarcella
11-26-2010, 18:03
pwede ma lock ang front diff nya bro?

Putok-Glock
12-03-2010, 18:33
mga Bro, my final choice: Everest 4x4 pa din, Thanks everybody:wavey:

agentrod
12-17-2010, 10:42
Among the choices, which has the largest cargo space (even with the rear seats occupied).

atmarcella
12-20-2010, 19:23
test drive review,

click (http://www.autoindustriya.com/car-reviews/2010-hyundai-santa-fe-r-evgt.html)

Putok-Glock
12-20-2010, 21:43
heres my latest experience on the 4x4 3.0 a/t LTD Ford Everest

Not so matagtag for a leaf spring on the rear susp. Much softer compared whats said in the reviews on car mags. but Im not a pro car tester...

The 3rd row seats were comfy and roomy

Engine perf is good in terms of acceleration, gear shifts and fuel consumption. I havent measured the fuel eff yet but judging by how frequent I refuel vs the distance I covered, its more economical than my 3.2 strada matic. Its a 3.0 matic kasi but w/ the reviews it got I was expecting worse.

No clock in the dash. Had to turn on/operate the audio system to have one. Not very convenient.

AC is very good, w/ vents and controls for rear seats.

Driving/maneuverabilty characteristics very good. minimal side rolls even on sudden turns and sharp curves at safe speeds. The tauted shift shock is none to be noticeable. It felt very stable even in high speeds. Light steering efforts as opposed to the reviews I read.

Overall, my experience on this unit is far better than the reviews this particular model got from car mag articles. Its a waste if lots of caR buyers dont buy and enjoy this suv on and off the road. For its price, its a good buy. Im glad I have one.

Eye Cutter
12-20-2010, 23:50
fafa PG: ano top speed mo sa everest? maganda styling ng ford everest. macho and looks bigger than it really is. what color and trim and options did you get?

everest is one of my choices to replace my aging trooper.

Wp.22
12-21-2010, 00:06
fafa PG: ano top speed mo sa everest? maganda styling ng ford everest. macho and looks bigger than it really is. what color and trim and options did you get?

doc are you foor? the perfect replacement for your gundog age trooper is a Defender had i won the 750M lotto binilhan ko na kayo.

Putok-Glock
12-21-2010, 07:48

Doc, so far up to 120 lang ako. But I can feel the engine has more to offer. Ayaw ko lang hiritin kasi may kasama ako everytime i drove it, at mahina loob ko pag may kasama ako. Matapang ako pag solo:supergrin: like the last time I drove my strada to 150 dahil may kakarera ako noon. I got a white 4x4 AT LTD model. It has a 3.0 crdi engine and rim 18 wheels as compared to XLT w/ 2.50 engine and rim 16 wheels. If sanay ka sa trooper, medyo maninibago ka sa everest. For one, trooper has the smoothest ride among the suv's I've driven. But it also has the lowest mileage per liter among suv's in its class. You should test drive an everest before buying one. To my taste, it responds very well to driver's inputs/maneuvers. Kanina I noticed its lower than most suvs even w/ its 18 wheels. May nag overtake na montero sa akin and i was surprised that I sat lower than the montero. Pero tingin ko sa clearance sa ilalim mataas din sya but its center of gravity is set lower. Its why I think it felt very stable on the road.

one of the things that swayed me to gamble on this car was sir Allegra's comment about his old everest, that runs and still runs today and w/ that reliability he already forgot its last change oil:rofl: that says a lot about this car... :supergrin: thanks sir A!

itosh
12-22-2010, 06:15
my eve can go 160/kph kahit wala pa 4k/rpm on a highway from Sultan Kudarat to Lake Sebu, Maguindanao (3.0L), i read before someone got 180/kph with just 4+k/rpm...on SCTex

mtho
12-22-2010, 20:06

doc, bagay sayo yung fj cruiser

Eye Cutter
12-22-2010, 20:12
maliit yun!

riddler
12-23-2010, 14:06
if you want a fast, off-road 4x4 with comfy interior, check out the Ford Raptor. I don't know if its available there but it sure is sweeeet! Seen one at the dealer the other day and if my Tacoma 4x4 wasn't paid off, I would have traded it in...! :wow:

isuzu
12-24-2010, 17:58
Here's another one. Mitsubishi RVR:

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.ca/en/vehicles/rvr/2011/specs/

atmarcella
12-26-2010, 19:33
the RVR is called the ASX here. cbu from japan. medyo maliit lang.

isuzu
12-27-2010, 11:54

You're right. Maliit and masikip, especially the cargo area.

itstime
12-27-2010, 12:44
Huh, never heard of an Everest. Overseas badging.

atmarcella
12-27-2010, 17:54
actually its not sold in the states. only here in southeast asia. basically, they took the ranger pick-up truck and put a roof on it, including the cargo area.

atmarcella
01-01-2011, 04:35
fyi, i found this somewhere, its good info, this happened here in the PI,

click (http://monteroaccident.blogspot.com/)

Putok-Glock
01-01-2011, 05:00
fyi, i found this somewhere, its good info, this happened here in the PI,

click (http://monteroaccident.blogspot.com/)

now, that scarey! ano kaya findings? sa dami ng montero sa kalsada, it should raise a serious concern...

Allegra
01-10-2011, 23:17
now, that scarey! ano kaya findings? sa dami ng montero sa kalsada, it should raise a serious concern...

Pards, hows the everest? no complaints so far? :)
I still cant decide

Off -topic -
Drove a 1.3li honda jazz sa sctex , thinking magmumuka kawawa
Daym!
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/doboltap/P1010649.jpg
speed rarely dropped below 140 from clark to subic
Kamusta kaya yung 3li accord?

atmarcella
01-11-2011, 03:52
Kamusta kaya yung 3li accord?

my father in law has one. 200 is easy sabi nya.

Allegra
01-11-2011, 22:30
my father in law has one. 200 is easy sabi nya.

We'll have to wait for the bicol- Aparri superhighway para magamit yan speed na yan :)
All our highways are too short or too crowded

atmarcella
01-12-2011, 17:50
maganda na slex bro ah, kaso exit ka kaagad sa calamba eh, hindi mo paba na try dumerecho sa bagong sto. tomas exit? mapapa hataw ka, careful lang kasi maliit ang sign na sto. tomas exit, last time napa sobra ako, nag exit ako tanauan na hehehe.

Putok-Glock
01-13-2011, 08:14
Pards, hows the everest? no complaints so far? :)
I still cant decide

so far wala bro. But I seldom use it now kasi kay mrs naka assign yun:supergrin:
my last time was late last Dec in Mla traffic and long drive from Lgp-Mla-Lgp.

If I compare it to my 3.2L estrada, it handles differently. Pero being different doesnt always mean its not good. In your case who has the older model eve, hindi ka maninibago

Allegra
01-13-2011, 17:29
maganda na slex bro ah, kaso exit ka kaagad sa calamba eh, hindi mo paba na try dumerecho sa bagong sto. tomas exit? mapapa hataw ka, careful lang kasi maliit ang sign na sto. tomas exit, last time napa sobra ako, nag exit ako tanauan na hehehe.

mahirap yata pards masyado mabilis sa slex pards, too crowded even at 5am
star toll early morning pwede himirit pero it will just be a few minutes lang

Allegra
01-13-2011, 17:33
so far wala bro. But I seldom use it now kasi kay mrs naka assign yun:supergrin:
my last time was late last Dec in Mla traffic and long drive from Lgp-Mla-Lgp.

If I compare it to my 3.2L estrada, it handles differently. Pero being different doesnt always mean its not good. In your case who has the older model eve, hindi ka maninibago

I like the monteros engine pero gusto ng mga bata yung space ng everest

Putok-Glock
01-13-2011, 17:57
I like the monteros engine pero gusto ng mga bata yung space ng everest

The estrada and montero have same engine, at least the 3.2L variation is very responsive to quick acceleration. Mas bagay sya sa aggressive driving. The 3.0 everst is not but can smoothly reach high speed comfortably. Riding comfort, the eve is much better than the estrada though pareho sila leaf spring suspension sa rear. Dont know about the montero, but space-wise your kids are right, more spacious and comfy ang eve lalo na sa long drives.

atmarcella
01-31-2011, 19:24
stumbled upon this, this is indian but it gives you an idea of the difference between 2 cars, i like this bcos its does not favor one over the other, it just takes note of their differences, ika nga ikaw na mag decide what you need or want,

click (http://bsmotoring.com/news/hyundai-santa-fe-vs-toyota-fortuner-attitude-adjustment/3070/1)

note, the fort is the 3.0 version going up against a 2.2sf.

atmarcella
01-31-2011, 20:42
new monty coming out,

Actual pics: GT-V 4WD 5-A/T variant. This variant will replace the GLS-SE

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/mitsubishi_tophe/2011%20MONTERO%20SPORT%20MMPC/4X425VGT-G-TV.jpg
Honeycomb Grille

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/mitsubishi_tophe/2011%20MONTERO%20SPORT%20MMPC/VGT.jpg
4D56 Di-D VGT 178HP

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/mitsubishi_tophe/2011%20MONTERO%20SPORT%20MMPC/SPOILER2.jpg
CF Spoiler (adds 1000HP :rotfl )

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/mitsubishi_tophe/2011%20MONTERO%20SPORT%20MMPC/4X4DASH.jpg
7" LCD Touch screen, GPS Navi, DVD player

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/mitsubishi_tophe/2011%20MONTERO%20SPORT%20MMPC/page16.jpg

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz24/mitsubishi_tophe/2011%20MONTERO%20SPORT%20MMPC/page2.jpg

Parang sobrang hi-tech na pala ng VGT for Mitsubishi, for Hyundai luma na yung VGT. Still, Job well done Mitsubishi.

Allegra
01-31-2011, 23:53
was that a paddle sa likod ng steering wheel?

Any news on the price?

edtf
02-01-2011, 04:53
WOW the 4d56 is still alive!!! This is truly their long playing engine. From the anemic 2.5 non turbo pajero /L300 engine to current CDRi engine - pretty cool. I knew it! this engine is tougher than the 4m40 line :cool:

atmarcella
02-01-2011, 18:46
was that a paddle sa likod ng steering wheel?

yup. its got F1 magnesium paddle shifters hehe.

atmarcella
02-02-2011, 19:34
"Baka" "daw" 1,408,000 lang ang price ng GLS 2WD A/T na Montero Sport.

got this info from somewhere.

Allegra
02-02-2011, 21:10
w/c would make the 4wd around 1.8M

atmarcella
02-04-2011, 20:34
opinion from botchi santos,

click (http://www.topgear.com.ph/features/columns/wrong-car-right-car-online/suv-treats-hyundai-santa-fe-vs-mitsubishi-montero-sport#comments-5)

Allegra
02-05-2011, 01:23
I dont understad the race for more speed
These trucks handle like a waterbed

I'm pretty impressed w/ mitsus offroad capabilities though

agentrod
02-05-2011, 04:35

Ha.ha.ha. I agree on these SUV's being synonymous to a waterbed:) I have personal experience in driving a Fortuner and that's what it felt like - kailangan behave mag drive or else it might burst / topple over. Still prefer driving my CRV which I can drive (almost) like my old Civic.

In fairness though, I've seen a lot of Montero's being driven aggressively both in NLEX and SLEX, impressive nga acceleration.

edtf
02-05-2011, 07:50

YUP They should just call them SV - sports vehicle.
Why do they want to get top speed from a vehicles that are suppose to run on dirt roads?

isuzu
02-05-2011, 12:24
Ha.ha.ha. I agree on these SUV's being synonymous to a waterbed:) I have personal experience in driving a Fortuner and that's what it felt like - kailangan behave mag drive or else it might burst / topple over. Still prefer driving my CRV which I can drive (almost) like my old Civic.

In fairness though, I've seen a lot of Montero's being driven aggressively both in NLEX and SLEX, impressive nga acceleration.

The first gen Fortuners had stiffer springs to handle rough terrain. There were many complaints about the springs because owners wanted a "car-like" ride on their SUVs. The later gen Fortuners had longer but thinner springs. They're okay for city use, but on the highway, I notice a slight rocking motion on the vehicle.

A friend was complaining about the stiff ride on his Isuzu truck years back, and I simply told him that if he wanted a "fluffy" ride, get a car. Trucks are meant to carry loads and be used on uneven surfaces that's why they have a tougher suspension.

atmarcella
02-05-2011, 18:53
i agree that trucks w/ body on frame construction handle like water beds, in fact, the car im driving right now, a revo diesel, also a body on frame type like the eve, monty and fort, does handle like a water bed.

the unibody cars are a different story though.

Allegra
02-05-2011, 21:03
Raodtrip to sagada tayo BOGs hehe

isuzu
02-06-2011, 16:50
i agree that trucks w/ body on frame construction handle like water beds, in fact, the car im driving right now, a revo diesel, also a body on frame type like the eve, monty and fort, does handle like a water bed.

the unibody cars are a different story though.

Have you tried KYB gas shocks or Monroe Sensa-trac shocks? They could be the solution to the water bed ride.

atmarcella
02-06-2011, 18:45
i dunno... feeling ko sir the high center of gravity is the culprit. im sure gas shocks would help though.

choi_tan2000
02-06-2011, 19:18
Raodtrip to sagada tayo BOGs hehe

bro just got back from sagada last night roads is better now

isuzu
02-06-2011, 22:57
i dunno... feeling ko sir the high center of gravity is the culprit. im sure gas shocks would help though.

On the Isuzu Crosswind we have at home, I changed the stock shocks to KYB (silver) gas shocks. It helped a lot in handling. Stock Isuzu shocks (I believe they're the Tokico brand) have a notoriously short lifespan. The original shocks on the mid '90s Hi-lux were very stiff, that's why people changed them to Old Man Emu shocks.

sandman_sy
02-07-2011, 02:27
Bili ka nalang ng Dodge.. eto.. pic ng Dodge ko...

http://www.major-malfunction.com/rednech%20technical%202%20900%20copy.jpg

hehehehe kidding...

Allegra
02-07-2011, 17:17
bro just got back from sagada last night roads is better now

via bagiuo pards? kamusta sagada?
may nagiimbita sakin umakyat this weekend kaso mountain bike haha ayoko

isuzu
02-13-2011, 17:00
Five World Records for Mitsubishi in 24 hours:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MHguhTzez4Y

isuzu
02-13-2011, 17:27

As part of the body lightening for the vehicle, it has plastic fenders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTbM5D2tus&feature=relmfu

It's got a bigger luggage compartment than the Grand Vitara. It's called the Outlander Sport in the US.

atmarcella
02-13-2011, 18:42
yup, i agree its really a good car, plus bcos only a few units arrive here every month its also a rarity, unlike the montero sports where you see one every a few minutes. kung medyo malaki na sana anak ko at hindi na kailangan dalawang yaya ito din sana kunin namin.

edtf
02-13-2011, 19:08
As part of the body lightening for the vehicle, it has plastic fenders:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZTbM5D2tus&feature=relmfu

It's got a bigger luggage compartment than the Grand Vitara. It's called the Outlander Sport in the US.

I believe that the Outlander goes head to head with Subaru Forester. You want speed and handling that still has enough space then these are the two that you should go for. Mommobils on steroids.

atmarcella
02-13-2011, 19:19
edtf, slight OT, meron ba kayo range rover defender club? meron kasi ako nakikita defender dito sa san pablo, kulay green, im sure taga dito cos i see the car frequently.

edtf
02-13-2011, 23:08
edtf, slight OT, meron ba kayo range rover defender club? meron kasi ako nakikita defender dito sa san pablo, kulay green, im sure taga dito cos i see the car frequently.

Yup meron Rover Club of the Philippines. Kilala ko members pero hindi ako member - nahihiya ako magpa member eh - hahahaha

Hmmm.... maliit lang nga ng mundo ng mang rorover :)

atmarcella
02-22-2011, 21:50
fafa a, panalo strada mo click (http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/drag-race-mitsubishi-strada-vs-nissan-navara#This-Weeks-Poll), kaso new version eto, naka VGT na din hehehe.

Allegra
02-23-2011, 17:40
dun sa 3.2 nabibilisan nako , nakakatakot na yata yan , baka hindi na tumigil :)

I'm curious, anybody know kung pwede gamitin ang sasakyan sa sand dunes sa ilocos?
Anong gear gagamitin sa sand? high 4?

edtf
02-23-2011, 18:34
dun sa 3.2 nabibilisan nako , nakakatakot na yata yan , baka hindi na tumigil :)

I'm curious, anybody know kung pwede gamitin ang sasakyan sa sand dunes sa ilocos?

first don't use mud tires second don't spin or you will get nowhere, next don't stop or you might have a hard time moving along again. Mahirap yan sa gearing ah - yes hi could be the ticket so that you won't have too much torque and have more speed

isuzu
02-23-2011, 21:57

There are guides on what tires to use and tire pressures on off-road vehicles that are used in the Middle East sand dunes. Youtube might be a good source.

Wp.22
02-23-2011, 23:40
when i was in dubai some years back the rich kids there use land cruiser's to haul their boats, jet ski's. What they do is they lower the PSI of their tires before they pass through the sand going to the beach. Same thing din for the desert safari the drivers would lower the PSI of the tires for more surface area para di mabalahaw.

Baligtag naman sa Dakar rally ang titigas ng gulong kaya nababalahaw sa sand dunes. HAtaw naman sa dirt roads.

Allegra
02-24-2011, 03:12
masyado pala malaking production number hehe i think i'll stick w/ deep mud here in makiling :)

choi_tan2000
02-24-2011, 06:50
via bagiuo pards? kamusta sagada?
may nagiimbita sakin umakyat this weekend kaso mountain bike haha ayoko

yup bro via baguio roads are better now not like before.

last time im there via banawe mas exciting :wow:

me mga nakausap ako nagbibike sa sagada dami rin bro

edtf
02-24-2011, 19:11
yup bro via baguio roads are better now not like before.

last time im there via banawe mas exciting :wow:

me mga nakausap ako nagbibike sa sagada dami rin bro

how are the roads to sagada?? How long does it take from baguio?

Wp.22
02-24-2011, 23:08
tonight some of my office mates are going to sagada by bus. Will ask them kung ano road condition going to sagada text ko sila bukas

edtf
02-25-2011, 07:57
tonight some of my office mates are going to sagada by bus. Will ask them kung ano road condition going to sagada text ko sila bukas

Thanks Bro!

Wp.22
02-25-2011, 19:30
Thanks Bro!

here is the text as of 8:48am
" ok naman kaso amdami ginagawa kalaye kaya nag one lane pila ang trapik, dito kami banawe now, ok pa kotse to here. text kita ulit kung ok dito to sagada"

edtf
02-26-2011, 05:27
here is the text as of 8:48am
" ok naman kaso amdami ginagawa kalaye kaya nag one lane pila ang trapik, dito kami banawe now, ok pa kotse to here. text kita ulit kung ok dito to sagada"

Thanks where are they passing? Baguio? I got this from one of the forums I'm in

"manila-tagudin -cervantes (Ilocos sur)- mankayan road up to abatan Bugias (Mt. Province), and then take the normal halsema highway route to sagada"

isuzu
03-15-2011, 21:18
Not a Ford SUV, but worth watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshFWSsrn8

If Ford would release the V6 Ecoboost engine there, it would be worth considering. It's got twin turbo and a lot of power.

choi_tan2000
03-15-2011, 22:45
Not a Ford SUV, but worth watching:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TshFWSsrn8

If Ford would release the V6 Ecoboost engine there, it would be worth considering. It's got twin turbo and a lot of power.

nice one isuzu like it cool