anyone know anything about these? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : anyone know anything about these?

Cerebrus
11-14-2010, 11:16
http://www.p3llc.com/Home/tabid/104/Default.aspx

Someone else posted up about em.. I was just wondering of anyone knows anything about em.. namely prices and availability and such..

Quack
11-14-2010, 11:17
if you have to ask (prices), then you don't want to know :rofl:

bac1023
11-14-2010, 11:19
I've looked at them.

I think one is actually bigger than a true 1911.

bac1023
11-14-2010, 11:19
if you have to ask (prices), then you don't want to know :rofl:

:rofl:

Very true.

Cerebrus
11-14-2010, 11:22
just curious if they were in the GC range is all

Quack
11-14-2010, 11:38

Very true.

well it's like when i was at the Land Rover dealership talking to the Service Manager that i know i overheard a couple ask what type of mileage they got. I told SM that if they had to ask, then they shouldn't buy one :rofl:

Hokie1911
11-14-2010, 11:42
well it's like when i was at the Land Rover dealership talking to the Service Manager that i know i overheard a couple ask what type of mileage they got. I told SM that if they had to ask, then they shouldn't buy one :rofl:

:animlol:

bluelineman
11-14-2010, 11:56
http://www.p3llc.com/Home/tabid/104/Default.aspx

Someone else posted up about em.. I was just wondering of anyone knows anything about em.. namely prices and availability and such..

You just like it cuz it uses your screen name. :supergrin: Although, it looks like they spelled it wrong. Or maybe you did. :whistling:

Quack
11-14-2010, 12:00
You just like it cuz it uses your screen name. :supergrin: Although, it looks like they spelled it wrong. Or maybe you did. :whistling:

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Cerebrus
11-14-2010, 12:34

good chance I did...and yes i will admit that was the initial interest.. then I started perusing the website further.. and I am seriously liking what I see.. their Black pistol is probably one of the nicest looking railed 1911's I have seen
but if it is way beyond GC's price point.. I will be looking elsewhere for a railed 1911.. I can't wait to get my grubby mitts on my student loan.. :supergrin:

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
11-14-2010, 12:41
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Looks like a nice gun. I've never heard of them before, though

Shipwreck-The-Sequel
11-14-2010, 12:42

First time I see a "Shipwreck" brand of 1911s, I'm all over it :animlol::animlol::animlol::animlol:

Quack
11-14-2010, 12:45
you do know that the "Black" doesn't have the cross slot cut into the rail (to mount a light) by default don't you?

Quack
11-14-2010, 12:49
i did a little searching, and it seems that the price should be in line with other semi-customs. i sent an email to them for pricing.

here's what a found on TOS

Since my first post I have talked to the president, Christopher Provost, many times and now own 3 of his pistols, a DOG, PUP (commander sized), and a BLACK. He has other models available to the public now. His entry level models are comparably priced to Brown, Baer, Nighthawk, etc. but are much better (I own a Brown Special Forces and a Nighthawk Dominator). Christopher's guns are beefier, all business, made to be rode hard weapons, not safe queens. They require some break in, as all top quality 1911's do, but all of mine run flawlessly. The biggest difference you notice after shooting them for a while is how much different the trigger break is from the semi-custom guns. There is just enough 'slack' to give you a precision feel, but zero-and I mean zero- creep. No softness or sloppiness, just a glass rod type snap.
As for pricing, I can't say why he doesn't post prices but I'm guessing that since the lion's share of his production goes to 'special' groups under contract, that he doesn't have a whole lot of inventory at any one time to sell to the public. Every one of his that I have bought was well worth the money spent, I can tell you that. Give Christopher a call. His number is on the web site and you will find him a great guy to talk with.

glock2740
11-14-2010, 13:02

:rofl: I was thinking the same thing. :supergrin:

bac1023
11-14-2010, 13:57

bac1023
11-14-2010, 14:00
They remind somewhat of Unertl.

They also produced very business-like tough duty 1911s.

Whether they're as good as Unertl was remains to be seen.

http://i660.photobucket.com/albums/uu324/cutillo_2009/009-4.jpg

bac1023
11-14-2010, 14:33
Damn. Do they offer them without the rail? :dunno:

Quack
11-14-2010, 16:37
Yes they have models available without rails in the PDW

woodrowNC
11-14-2010, 17:05
it comes with quacks trigger already installed!

bac1023
11-14-2010, 19:43
Yes they have models available without rails in the PDW

The site has a pic of the DOG without a rail, but I'm not sure if that's an offered product. :dunno:

Quack
11-14-2010, 19:48
The site has a pic of the DOG without a rail, but I'm not sure if that's an offered product. :dunno:

i'll let you know when i get a reply back from them :supergrin:

bac1023
11-16-2010, 08:39
i'll let you know when i get a reply back from them :supergrin:

No problem :)

I may give them a call, actually. I'm curious. I may look into one next year. :dunno:

Cerebrus
11-16-2010, 09:56
I may give them a call, actually. I'm curious. I may look into one next year. :dunno:

Be interesting range report the Dog v. the No Name..

drc767
11-16-2010, 10:20
Be interesting range report the Dog v. the No Name..

They look like they are getting the same frames as the GC No Name and American.....all the way down to the slide serrations and 15 lpi checkering. I wonder if Alex is selling them frames. I will dig into this one a little deeper. If everything else is equal, I still go with the No Name because I don't like all the slide markings on the Dog, ect. as compared to the GC. I will report back if I find anything of interest on this.....

Cerebrus
11-16-2010, 10:31
They look like they are getting the same frames as the GC No Name and American.....all the way down to the cocking serrations and 15 lpi checkering. I wonder if Alex is selling them frames. I will dig into this one a little deeper. If everything else is equal, I still go with the No Name because I don't like all the slide markings on the Dog, ect. as compared to the GC. I will report back if I find anything of interest on this.....

I was wondering when you were going to chime in on this one..:supergrin:

bac1023
11-16-2010, 10:59
They look like they are getting the same frames as the GC No Name and American.....all the way down to the cocking serrations and 15 lpi checkering. I wonder if Alex is selling them frames. I will dig into this one a little deeper. If everything else is equal, I still go with the No Name because I don't like all the slide markings on the Dog, ect. as compared to the GC. I will report back if I find anything of interest on this.....

Not sure Dave.

The checkering looks bit different than the checkering on my NN, though they're both 15lpi.

The Guncrafter frames also have a much tighter radius under the trigger guard, unless they're supplying them uncut.

MD357
11-16-2010, 13:50
I REFUSE to have the word "Dog" on my slide.... don't care who makes it.

drc767
11-16-2010, 13:56
Not sure Dave.

The checkering looks bit different than the checkering on my NN, though they're both 15lpi.

The Guncrafter frames also have a much tighter radius under the trigger guard, unless they're supplying them uncut.

It has me curious, if nothing else. :)

cdunn
11-16-2010, 14:13
call and speak with Chris, he is very nice and goes over everything with you all options and features,I've spoken to him a couple times, he knows what hes talking about,I could be wrong but I think they machine there own frames,I've got several of his mags. that I use.If he would have taken credit cards I would have had one.he might now he didn't last time I spoke with him.I'd love to have one of his 1911's.and still might oneday.

bac1023
11-16-2010, 14:22
I REFUSE to have the word "Dog" on my slide.... don't care who makes it.

I wouldn't get that one. :shakehead:

bac1023
11-16-2010, 14:23
It has me curious, if nothing else. :)

Yeah, me too.

bac1023
11-16-2010, 14:24
It does mention on the site that they "created" their own frame.

I'm not really sure what that means, to be honest. :dunno:

drc767
11-16-2010, 14:51
It does mention on the site that they "created" their own frame.

I'm not really sure what that means, to be honest. :dunno:

I can pretty much promise they are not making their own frames.....It would be totally cost prohibitive for the volumes they are doing.

bac1023
11-16-2010, 14:55
I can pretty much promise they are not making their own frames.....It would be totally cost prohibitive for the kinds of volumes they are doing.

I agree. It wouldn't make a bit of sense financially.

bac1023
11-16-2010, 15:56
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Chris. He is an impressive guy to say the least. These guys seem like the real deal.

Anyway, these pistols really have me intrigued and I'd like to pick one up next year.

Aproximate prices are as follows:

PDW - $2800
DOG - $3500
PUP - $3500
Black - $4000 and up

The PDW is the "entry" level model with the melonite finish and basic features. This is available with no rail.

The DOG uses the larger frame (10% bigger), which means I wouldn't want it.

The PUP is new and not on the website yet. Its a commander sized gun with some impressive features and no rail.

The BLACK is the ultimate, but unfortunately for me, its railed.

Dave, if you get a chance, give him a call. I think you would be impressed by what you hear. :cool:

Quack
11-16-2010, 16:02
So you're the reason I didn't talk to him today. ROR

bac1023
11-16-2010, 16:06
So you're the reason I didn't talk to him today. ROR

Cerebrus
11-16-2010, 16:23
Thanks for doing some of the legwork on this Bac.. also I am glad I piqued your interest.. and boy Quack was right.. if ya gotta ask..it is outta my league.. looks like I am gonna keep savin for the No Name.. and if I want a railed gun its gonna be SA..

bac1023
11-16-2010, 16:29
Thanks for doing some of the legwork on this Bac.. also I am glad I piqued your interest.. and boy Quack was right.. if ya gotta ask..it is outta my league.. looks like I am gonna keep savin for the No Name.. and if I want a railed gun its gonna be SA..

Thanks. I've looked at the site before, but never in detail.

The PDW is equipped similarly to the No Name, but it is slightly more money.

To be honest, the PUP is the one I'm really interested in. I wouldn't mind having a commander from them. Chris really talked up this model.

Quack
11-16-2010, 17:27
and boy Quack was right.. if ya gotta ask..it is outta my league..

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eVsEXMhjaRI/S7kr9sgrgvI/AAAAAAAAEvQ/zwwK8V7reLg/s1600/i-told-you-so1.jpg

bac1023
11-16-2010, 17:31
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_eVsEXMhjaRI/S7kr9sgrgvI/AAAAAAAAEvQ/zwwK8V7reLg/s1600/i-told-you-so1.jpg

Yeah, after looking at the guns and the site, they were priced just where I thought they would be. :)

Quack
11-16-2010, 17:34

Yeah, after looking at the guns and the site, they were priced just where I thought they would be. :)

yep, i was thinking they would be in that price range.

Cerebrus
11-16-2010, 18:16
Thanks Quack.. just what I needed..
anyhow.. it appears that the pdw can be had in commander length railed or non.. for some reason that 15 lpi just really speaks to me

drc767
11-16-2010, 18:28
I just spent 45 minutes on the phone with Chris. He is an impressive guy to say the least. These guys seem like the real deal.

Anyway, these pistols really have me intrigued and I'd like to pick one up next year.

Aproximate prices are as follows:

PDW - $2800
DOG - $3500
PUP - $3500
Black - $4000 and up

The PDW is the "entry" level model with the melonite finish and basic features. This is available with no rail.

The DOG uses the larger frame (10% bigger), which means I wouldn't want it.

The PUP is new and not on the website yet. Its a commander sized gun with some impressive features and no rail.

The BLACK is the ultimate, but unfortunately for me, its railed.

Dave, if you get a chance, give him a call. I think you would be impressed by what you hear. :cool:

Damn.....that pricing is pretty damn steep for a company I have never heard of.....then again, just because I have not heard of them does not mean they don't build a quality pistol, either. I may give him a call.......I am always up for learning something new. My gut is telling me there is some sort of connection (with GC) on the frames, though.....could be wrong, but it is just a feeling.

Quack
11-16-2010, 18:42
My gut is telling me there is some sort of connection (with GC) on the frames, though.....could be wrong, but it is just a feeling.

they're both made by Fusion :whistling: :animlol:

drc767
11-16-2010, 19:16

......somehow I really doubt that!!!

bladeandbarrel
11-16-2010, 19:54
Wonder who builds them???

Tactical black
11-16-2010, 20:12
I have a long way to go before I will start buying a semi custom for that price when there's so many other brands I need first.

bac1023
11-16-2010, 20:26
Damn.....that pricing is pretty damn steep for a company I have never heard of.....then again, just because I have not heard of them does not mean they don't build a quality pistol, either. I may give him a call.......I am always up for learning something new. My gut is telling me there is some sort of connection (with GC) on the frames, though.....could be wrong, but it is just a feeling.

I'm not so sure Dave.

Do you think GC is making large frames? Chris said the DOG frame is 10% larger.

He said they have been building for years, but don't advertise.

Give him a call and see what you think. As you have, I've talked to a lot of people in the 1911 business, and this guy impressed me. They look to be a top notch semi-custom shop.

bac1023
11-16-2010, 20:26

bac1023
11-16-2010, 20:28
Wonder who builds them???

The guns are built in house. I'm just trying to figure out where they get their frames.

drc767
11-16-2010, 20:48
I'm not so sure Dave.

Do you think GC is making large frames? Chris said the DOG frame is 10% larger.

He said they have been building for years, but don't advertise.

Give him a call and see what you think. As you have, I've talked to a lot of people in the 1911 business, and this guy impressed me. They look to be a top notch semi-custom shop.

Brian....All of the .50 GI pistols are larger frames. They can also be fit for .45 barrels. What do you think? Starting to paint a picture? I am thinking so.......I could be dead wrong, but I am feeling there is a connection in one direction or another.

bac1023
11-16-2010, 21:02
Brian....All of the .50 GI pistols are larger frames. They can also be fit for .45 barrels. What do you think? Starting to paint a picture? I am thinking so.......I could be dead wrong, but I am feeling there is a connection in one direction or another.

I wasn't sure if the 50GI frames were larger. Since they're bull barrels, I knew the slide opening was wider.

bladeandbarrel
11-16-2010, 21:08
The guns are built in house. I'm just trying to figure out where they get their frames.

I was just testing your 1911 acume:wow:

It is pretty obvious to me who builds their guns......methinks DRC is on the right track.....

bac1023
11-16-2010, 21:12
It is pretty obvious to me who builds their guns......methinks DRC is on the right track.....

Its certainly a possibility.

I know the checkering and frame radius is different, but that really doesn't matter.

bladeandbarrel
11-16-2010, 21:17
Its certainly a possibility.

I know the checkering and frame radius is different, but that really doesn't matter.

Well, when RP builds the frames for GC I am sure they can build anything they want to please P3..enough acronyms there?

Rinspeed
11-17-2010, 05:22

You saying that doesn't surprise me at all Brian, I don't know anything about the guns but Chris has a great reputation in the training end of the business.

bac1023
11-17-2010, 05:25
You saying that doesn't surprise me at all Brian, I don't know anything about the guns but Chris has a great reputation in the training end of the business.

He did seem very knowledgable, Jeff.

bladeandbarrel
11-17-2010, 19:10
The frames and slides shown on the website are Remsport, not STI, my error. On the slides you can tell by the squarish ejection port rollover notch and on the frames you can tell by the funky high cut/checkering. Remsport barrels also. Korea's finest.

My guess is they send the parts to GC who builds the guns to their specs. Just a wild guess.

cdunn
11-18-2010, 05:19
here is an email from Chris, like I said earlier if I had the money I'd have one.I asked him to post answers to questions people had and he sent me back this email.

"I designed the frame in 2006.....a complete start from the ground up for the
guns we were contracted to build for the CT State Police Tactical Unit.
That contract was completed in 2008 along with training. Yes we build our
own magazines. I used to design mags for Metalform but have since changed
manufacturers for my mag designs. My design concepts were picked up by
other companies as you see in some of the mags coming from other
manufacturers. After all this is a business, we have to sell our designs to
make money.

YES: FRAMES ARE EXPENSIVE TO BUILD! Good thing I had a government contract
backing me. Yes, we allow our very good friends at Guncrafter Industries to
use the frame in his American pistol. Yes, we don't advertise since we were
under legal obligation to keep quiet about projects and clients.

My dad always told me life if too short for cheap booze, cheap women and
cheap guns. I'm sorry if American quality, design and craftsmanship is too
expensive for everyone's wallet. But since we manufacture our own parts, it
costs more than a stamped sheet metal part or a mimed part from India.

Quality is first, foremost and will and shall not be deviated from. We
primarily build for tactical teams. Our products are all over the world in
some of the most dangerous places on this earth.

I am a LEO and a professional trainer. I intentionally keep a very low
profile. But am always willing to discuss my products with clients as some
of your members have already expressed. "

bac1023
11-18-2010, 06:24
here is an email from Chris, like I said earlier if I had the money I'd have one.I asked him to post answers to questions people had and he sent me back this email.

"I designed the frame in 2006.....a complete start from the ground up for the
guns we were contracted to build for the CT State Police Tactical Unit.
That contract was completed in 2008 along with training. Yes we build our
own magazines. I used to design mags for Metalform but have since changed
manufacturers for my mag designs. My design concepts were picked up by
other companies as you see in some of the mags coming from other
manufacturers. After all this is a business, we have to sell our designs to
make money.

YES: FRAMES ARE EXPENSIVE TO BUILD! Good thing I had a government contract
backing me. Yes, we allow our very good friends at Guncrafter Industries to
use the frame in his American pistol. Yes, we don't advertise since we were

My dad always told me life if too short for cheap booze, cheap women and
cheap guns. I'm sorry if American quality, design and craftsmanship is too
expensive for everyone's wallet. But since we manufacture our own parts, it
costs more than a stamped sheet metal part or a mimed part from India.

Quality is first, foremost and will and shall not be deviated from. We
primarily build for tactical teams. Our products are all over the world in
some of the most dangerous places on this earth.

I am a LEO and a professional trainer. I intentionally keep a very low
profile. But am always willing to discuss my products with clients as some
of your members have already expressed. "

Yeah, Chris mentioned his father's quote to me as well. He also mentioned that they build their own mags.

Its interesting to hear the GC use their frame on the American.

I just looked at the American on GC's site. I hadn't noticed it before, but the frame radius on the American is different than the other GCs, including the No Name. It all makes sense now.

I'm extremely impressed if, in fact, they build all this parts on their own. Wow.

cdunn
11-18-2010, 06:56
I have a couple of his mags. they are sturdy,I've had only a couple hundred rounds through each, but they have been trouble free
http://www.p3llc.com/Products/CerTac8Magazines/tabid/56/Default.aspx
it looks like the order page is down.
bac1023 you should get one and let us know what we are missing.

bac1023
11-18-2010, 09:50
I have a couple of his mags. they are sturdy,I've had only a couple hundred rounds through each, but they have been trouble free
http://www.p3llc.com/Products/CerTac8Magazines/tabid/56/Default.aspx
it looks like the order page is down.
bac1023 you should get one and let us know what we are missing.

Yeah, I will.

It won't be for a while though. I've spent far too much on 1911s already this year.

bladeandbarrel
11-18-2010, 21:08
Wow, he designed frames for Guncrafter? Alex Zimmermann is one of the best designers in the industry, that really says something.:whistling:

PS-his mags have an uncanny resemblance to Checkmate. The resemblance is amazing.

This is the bull**** litmus test for any gun company
Yes, we don't advertise since we were

And he FAILED

bac1023
11-18-2010, 21:12
Wow, he designed frames for Guncrafter? Alex Zimmermann is one of the best designers in the industry, that really says something.:whistling:

PS-his mags have an uncanny resemblance to Checkmate. The resemblance is amazing.

This is the bull**** litmus test for any gun company

:upeyes:

bladeandbarrel
11-19-2010, 19:38
:upeyes:

:wavey:

CigarheadRNB
11-20-2010, 15:20
Those Shredders look great on it