AZ/Phoenix area Glock Talkers? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : AZ/Phoenix area Glock Talkers?

Willie Wilson
11-15-2010, 10:12
How many GTr's live in the Phoenix metro area? I recently moved to Scottsdale, well not actually, just staying there with a friend until I can find my own place. Can you recommend a place to shoot? Also a store with reloading supplies? Thanks all.

Havasu
11-16-2010, 12:53
Scottsdale has a very nice indoor range at the Scottsdale Gun Club. You don't have to be a member. It's also the home of Dillon. You will have to look up the address for the gun club, but Dillon is on Frank Lloyd Wright between Scottsdale Road and the 101.

Welcome to AZ.

AZ Husker
11-16-2010, 14:41
Welcome to AZ! If you prefer outdoor ranges, Ben Avery isn't far away from North Scottsdale and Rio Salado isn't far from South Scottsdale. Make sure you dress in current tacti-cool clothing and polish your Hummer if you're going to the Scottsdale Gun Club. It is a very nice range though!

Willie Wilson
11-16-2010, 16:36
Havasu - thanks for the reccomendations. I checked out the Scottsdale Gun club and Dillon on Monday. The club is a nice place. Rented a hour of range time to get my pistols dirty. I've been a fan of Dillon's machines for a while so it's good to know that I'm that close when I need a part or suppplies.

AZ Husker - thanks for your input. I was LMAO when I saw your "dress in current tacti-cool clothing and polish your Hummer," comment. It wasn't quite that bad. There was a lady shooting a customized XDm in 45 Auto next to me I wouldn't mess with. 6" groups at 35-40 feet. I'll check out the outdoor ranges later this week. Thanks again.

bdguntoter
12-04-2010, 19:04
You dont have to pay anyone to shoot in the desert. Most of us who shoot alot and have a budget, dont get too much range time at Ben Avery or The Scottsdale gun club. I'll spend my money buying guns not time. BTW we have lots of desert here, enjoy it!

Rutha73
12-10-2010, 23:44
You dont have to pay anyone to shoot in the desert. Most of us who shoot alot and have a budget, dont get too much range time at Ben Avery or The Scottsdale gun club. I'll spend my money buying guns not time. BTW we have lots of desert here, enjoy it!

Have you tried Rio Salado off Usery Pass? its $7 for as long as you want and $.25 for a target. a little hot in the summer but it has movable stands out to 100 yds, a 200yd spot and a big steel target at 300yds. not a bad place to go, i like it since its only about 15 mins north of me!

Willie Wilson
12-11-2010, 05:10
Have you tried Rio Salado off Usery Pass? its $7 for as long as you want and $.25 for a target. a little hot in the summer but it has movable stands out to 100 yds, a 200yd spot and a big steel target at 300yds. not a bad place to go, i like it since its only about 15 mins north of me!

Thanks Rutha, I'll check it out.