Upgrade help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade help

greco2009
11-17-2010, 20:59
Hey all greco again. I've been out of the country for a short while, but now I'm here again. I have question for you. I have 2 Glocks-- a 17 and 19. Both have not had the internal upgrade. Glock said they would give me the parts, but I had to be a certified armorer, or send it to them to install the parts (Understandable due to liability). Well, I asked around for several weeks, and no one around here is qualified to do this insallation, or recieve the parts for that matter. Anyone out there have a solution? I don't want to spend $100 per gun to send them to Glock. Thanks

JR
11-18-2010, 12:34
You can wait to attend the next GSSF shooting event and visit a factory Armorer there.
I don’t see how you are figuring $100 shipping? Next Day service on 2 guns is about $60

greco2009
11-18-2010, 14:32
Well, last 2 or 3 times I went to Fed-ex and sent a pistol to Colt or to a FFL for a sale, the overnight was $85. Thats pretty close to a hundred isn't it. Is there something I am not aware of, and have been wasting my money on shipping..??

Thank you for the tip on the GSSF events, I will do that... Will they know if thes guns get the freebie upgrade I wonder..?? All they gotta do is call back to the office and give them the serial numbers I assume.

JR
11-19-2010, 11:53
You are getting hosed! Check with your local gun shops and see if they have a better rate.