utah cc permit... print issues. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : utah cc permit... print issues.

powder86
11-19-2010, 08:54
i guess i have retarded fingers... my cc instructor couldn't get good prints for me. so i went to the local police station, spent an hour, couldn't get decent prints. i've sent in both sets... but i'm expecting rejection. it's said that they cannot deny you a permit based on fingerprints, but can't they continue to reject my prints, and not give me my permit, though i've passed the background check and paid my money, and taken the class?

i've got a bad history for prints. at my last job, i had to redo prints for months because mine were never accepted by the group that did back ground checks. i'm really bugged and nervous that it could be a year before i get prints accepted... and the guys down at the station, after an hour, said there's just nothing they could do to get them better. i had them done electronically and with ink. i just sent in two cards...

i specifically asked the leos to give me some sort of verification that these were the best we could get... they never paid any attention to that. so if i get rejected, can i get some sort of form or letter from the police station to send in that i've done everything to comply, but i just have terrible stupid fingers?

the officers were very nice... but didn't seem to understand that i've had this problem before, and i knew that my prints would get rejected without their help.

advice? will i be able to get my cc permit?

Teckomando
11-20-2010, 11:07
Try getting a letter from a dermatologist. Medical malformation is the only reason fingerprints wouldn't meet the basic requirements for identification.

econjon
11-20-2010, 20:26
I'd just wait and see what they come back with...hopefully they go ahead and issue the permit. If they reject you, give them a call and explain the situation and ask what they'd suggest you do.

Are your prints not very deep or what's the deal? I've never heard of that before.

powder86
11-21-2010, 20:00
i have sweaty palms, and very thin weak skin... my fingertips are moist and smushy as they're finger printed. it's either too light, or smushed for a clear print. i can ask the police station for an affidavit stating that these prints are the best they can get and that i'm being compliant. the fbi can complete the background check without my prints. lack of prints isn't enough to deny me my permit.
my crappy fingers are a pain, but they'll only complicate the process, not prevent me from getting my permit... i'm pretty sure.

SuperJared
11-24-2010, 15:37
If you want to be sure they won't be rejected then make a trip to the BCI and have them scanned. If they get rejected the first time I would have them scanned for sure.

When I applied for mine I had heard several reports of people who had theirs rejected and I didn't want to take the chance, so I had mine scanned.

http://publicsafety.utah.gov/bci/PublicServices.html

remat
11-24-2010, 16:09
My scanned prints from our Co. Sheriff's Dept got rejected by BCI. I then found a local PD with the old school ink pad to roll them and they were fine.

Don't know why the original scan didn't pass. I would try both ways if you haven't.

econjon
11-24-2010, 18:49
i have sweaty palms, and very thin weak skin... my fingertips are moist and smushy as they're finger printed. it's either too light, or smushed for a clear print. i can ask the police station for an affidavit stating that these prints are the best they can get and that i'm being compliant. the fbi can complete the background check without my prints. lack of prints isn't enough to deny me my permit.
my crappy fingers are a pain, but they'll only complicate the process, not prevent me from getting my permit... i'm pretty sure.

Ah, I see. Let us know what they come back with...here's hoping they put it through and you get your permit without any hassle.