Place to hunt near Apopka Fl? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Place to hunt near Apopka Fl?

Guambodian
11-19-2010, 15:30
Anyone know of a good place to hunt near the Apopka area in Central Florida? I'm just looking for meat, hog mostly and maybe some deer. I would prefer to help a farmer/land owner with feral hog problems. I do not want to pay some hunting outfit hundreds of dollars just for some meat. Thanks in advance.

noway
11-22-2010, 11:53
Try Ocala NF ( north of you ) or south in the 3lake WMA. Either one of these locations would be about 1hr depending on crazy Orlando traffic ;)

I highly doubt you will find any freebies or ranchers that would just allow you on their kand to radicate hogs. Unless you know somebody, it's very hard to "just help out ".

Guambodian
11-22-2010, 23:24
^ Thanks. I guess it's just another difference between out here and where I grew up. Back home, the farmers I knew, my family included, loved to have people come help with the hogs. Nothing worse than to put in work for a whole season just to have the hogs destroy the crop right before harvest.

duncan
11-24-2010, 00:26
Call over to Spike and his people at Spike's Tactical:

Spikes Tactical LLC
2593 Clark Street #103
Apopka, FL 32703
Phone: 407.928.2666

I bet they know of some good spots.

Guambodian
11-24-2010, 02:26
^ I pass this place often, and see them at the gun shows and never thought to ask them. Thanks for the suggestion.