New Movie January 2011 "Remnants" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Movie January 2011 "Remnants"

whogasak47
11-19-2010, 16:22
http://www.remnants-movie.com/

"One Second After" or "Lights Out" style movie. Maybe, Just maybe because there are no Major Hollywood actors and FX/CGI Gazillion dollar effects and salaries but no story these folks might get it right. Trailer 2 is outstanding and the music seems to fit the theme well. I have high hopes. It just has to be better than http://www.cowboysandaliensmovie.com/ Please, no more of this sort of foolishness.

PBCounty
11-19-2010, 17:17
I'm down.

rjgraves
11-19-2010, 18:52
I'll watch it! Looks good.

JFrame
11-19-2010, 20:10
Dang -- that DOES look good...

DJ Niner
11-20-2010, 02:05
Tagged for future reference...

Hugo R
11-20-2010, 03:20
Very interesting!

HR:cool:

Tom Kanik
11-20-2010, 18:19
Definitely looks interesting!:cool:

lawman800
11-21-2010, 00:34
I saw the poster for Cowboys and Aliens at the theatres last week. Man, I want to see that. James Bond as a cowboy outlaw and Indiana Jones as the bad guy? Who wouldn't want to see that?

As for Remnants, that looks like a must see as well. Makes me want to up my preps again. More $$$ out the door, oh well.

thejellster05
11-21-2010, 11:20
Looks good!

G17gen3
11-21-2010, 14:08
I give it my guns up...I mean thumbs up!

Cali-Glock
11-21-2010, 22:53
They need another $5K in financial backing by January 26th 2011 for them to CONTINUE producing the movie.

They have only shot 35 minutes of film so far...

Financially support the production of Remnants website (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1761956599/remnants-now-starting-phase-2)

For $100 you can be listed as a producer of the movie. Now that is LOW BUDGET!

Bilbo Bagins
11-22-2010, 09:59
They need another $5K in financial backing by January 26th 2011 for them to CONTINUE producing the movie.

Financially support the production of Remnants website (http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1761956599/remnants-now-starting-phase-2)

I have to agree, that movie looks really low budget. It might make a decent movie on the Sci-Fi Channel, but I'm no too excited.

Kadetklapp
11-22-2010, 11:36
Meh, looks like some sub-par acting at best.

Morris
11-22-2010, 11:55
George Lucas started off making low budget movies. :) Just saying . . .

I think we get spoiled too much by the special effects and razzle dazzle when the story is better.

I'll be curious to see how it fleshes out. Maybe even give a few bucks.

Bravo 1
11-22-2010, 15:24
Meh, looks like some sub-par acting at best.

I though it looked like real people instead of overly dramatic "professionals". That adds some authenticity imho.

mikeflys1
11-22-2010, 16:53
Looks interesting....soundtrack from the 2nd trailer is very "Sunshine"

whogasak47
11-22-2010, 20:07
If you want to contribute without any names or screennames, send any amount to:

Remnants Group,LLC
C/O Paul Hilburger
101 Parkknoll Lane
Cary,NC 27510

using a USPS Money Order with a ( GT SPF ) is good enuf as sender.

lawman800
11-22-2010, 20:52

$5k is all they need?

$100 and I get name recognition?

Heck, I would give them the $5k to get listed as an executive producer and to have a walk on role as the mysterious stranger that rides into town and destroys the opposition singlehandedly with my 750 caliber magnum +P+ 30 shot revolver that never needs reloading!

RED64CJ5
11-24-2010, 09:40
Anyone else very tempted to help fund it? I am really impressed with the trailers.

Bilbo Bagins
11-24-2010, 10:07
Anyone else very tempted to help fund it? I am really impressed with the trailers.

Really??

I was just thinking how this would be the perfect scam. Open a web site about a movie coming out, on a subject a certain online community, like S&P can get behind. Film about 10 minutes of action and dialog. Make trailers, and sell it that we need X amount of money to complete production.

I'm not saying the people who are Remnant are scam artist, but I just find the concept very interesting.

Morris
11-24-2010, 11:56
Suppose so Bilbo.

But today, that is how many independent films are getting off of the ground, especially in this new medium market.

It's a risk, like the tech stock I bought 11 years ago . . .

Bravo 1
11-24-2010, 15:04
I sure can't speak for anyone here, but I have risked more for less in my life.

one Benny from enough people would get it running. The only problem I have with it is this.

Like "The Blair witch project", this is an independent film. Blair was made with very little investment, but made the investors very wealthy at the box office.

This project should guarantee a return on your investment if there is a project.

You see, IF I were to invest some money to help these film makers, I should make some of the profits the make at the box office as well imo. I don't see that offer made anywhere, so they want to take our money and potentially get filthy rich??

F-em:whistling:

lawman800
11-25-2010, 04:52

Yes, I am.

Really??

I was just thinking how this would be the perfect scam. Open a web site about a movie coming out, on a subject a certain online community, like S&P can get behind. Film about 10 minutes of action and dialog. Make trailers, and sell it that we need X amount of money to complete production.

I'm not saying the people who are Remnant are scam artist, but I just find the concept very interesting.

I thought that too. The amounts they are asking is very small. Small enough to the point that people will likely not follow up to try to get their money back if it did turn out to be a scam. If they asked for 4 figure contributions, then you might see people going after them if it turned out to be a scam.

Suppose so Bilbo.

But today, that is how many independent films are getting off of the ground, especially in this new medium market.

It's a risk, like the tech stock I bought 11 years ago . . .

Independent films are all a gamble for everyone involved.

I sure can't speak for anyone here, but I have risked more for less in my life.

one Benny from enough people would get it running. The only problem I have with it is this.

Like "The Blair witch project", this is an independent film. Blair was made with very little investment, but made the investors very wealthy at the box office.

This project should guarantee a return on your investment if there is a project.

You see, IF I were to invest some money to help these film makers, I should make some of the profits the make at the box office as well imo. I don't see that offer made anywhere, so they want to take our money and potentially get filthy rich??

F-em:whistling:

Well, I wrote the Director as soon as I finished watching the trailers, reading the website, and then I also read his professional website where he apparently works as a web graphic designer.

I haven't heard back and it's been 3 days. I was ready to fund the whole thing for Phase 2 because I have that kind of faith in this project as long as we can work something out in the vein of what you were talking about.

I am not going to dump $5,000 for 20 copies of the DVD and signed tee shirts, that's for sure.

Stupid
11-25-2010, 13:52
This one actually looks quite good.

Bravo 1
11-25-2010, 14:11
Yes, I am.

I thought that too. The amounts they are asking is very small. Small enough to the point that people will likely not follow up to try to get their money back if it did turn out to be a scam. If they asked for 4 figure contributions, then you might see people going after them if it turned out to be a scam.

Independent films are all a gamble for everyone involved.

Well, I wrote the Director as soon as I finished watching the trailers, reading the website, and then I also read his professional website where he apparently works as a web graphic designer.

I haven't heard back and it's been 3 days. I was ready to fund the whole thing for Phase 2 because I have that kind of faith in this project as long as we can work something out in the vein of what you were talking about.

I am not going to dump $5,000 for 20 copies of the DVD and signed tee shirts, that's for sure.

I am curious to hear what his reply is.

I suspect you won't hear anything though.

This looks like a great movie, IF it really is going to be one.

leadcounsel
11-26-2010, 14:55
I'd be up for a true "investment" but my name in the credits... probably not. Maybe even 0.001 of the total profits would be fine.

OMG - I just watched the clip and it's the same theme as the book I'm writing!!!! :(

Morris
11-26-2010, 18:21
Find out who copyrighted the concept first.

lawman800
11-26-2010, 20:36
I am curious to hear what his reply is.

I suspect you won't hear anything though.

This looks like a great movie, IF it really is going to be one.

I still haven't heard a thing. Oh well, his loss. I would have funded at least 1 phase, maybe more.

Stupid
11-26-2010, 21:52
Did you call him or email him? Email goes to spam sometimes. Does he have a phone number?

lawman800
11-26-2010, 23:20
Did you call him or email him? Email goes to spam sometimes. Does he have a phone number?

I used the contact form on his website which is not email based so I know e will get it if he checks it. Now, if he has a website contact page which he doesn't check, then I can't help him.

philburger1
07-31-2011, 21:41
Hey guys, we are a couple months away from the final edit.
Here's the newest trailer: http://youtu.be/7kDiAx2lP-E

DJ Niner
08-01-2011, 20:24
Link says "This video is private".

got_metal
08-01-2011, 20:49
Here's the link, trailer was posted yesterday. Looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prleTB2HwjI

Donn57
08-01-2011, 22:48
I hope whoever wrote the screenplay didn't also write the synopsis on the movie's web site.

Hard to tell much from the trailer, but I'm hoping for the best or at least the mediocre.

TangoFoxtrot
08-04-2011, 03:10

I hope your joking! This movie may not see the light of day. Although the trailer did look good.

JFrame
08-04-2011, 06:06
Here's the link, trailer was posted yesterday. Looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=prleTB2HwjI

That does look good...

Trailers can often show you what is the only good 30 seconds of footage from a movie -- but this has my appetite whetted in any case... :cool:

lawman800
08-04-2011, 07:54
The movie holds great promise but another GT'er and I tried getting involved and all I can say is I wish them the best of luck in getting it done.