Place for CW training class in Tuscon area? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Place for CW training class in Tuscon area?

ChiefWPD
11-19-2010, 20:18
My wife and I will be spending two months in Green Valley (south of Tucson) this coming Feb and March. I have my AZ permit but would like my wife to get hers. Any recommendations for a good place to go for the needed training course?

Thanks!

Havasu
11-19-2010, 21:08
I am not familiar with the places near Tucson, but just a reminder, Az does not require a CCW permit to carry concealed.

AZ Husker
11-19-2010, 21:18
True, no permit needed anymore. But if you do want to get one, check out

www.arizonashooting.com

ChiefWPD
11-19-2010, 21:22
I am not familiar with the places near Tucson, but just a reminder, Az does not require a CCW permit to carry concealed.

There are a number of advantages to having a CCW permit, even in AZ. For one, you can travel by a school (within 1,000 feet) with a concealed handgun and not be in violation of the law. I believe there is also a section of the law that permits an armed person with a CCW permit to remain in a place selling alcohol so long as they do not consume any.

ChiefWPD
11-19-2010, 21:30
True, no permit needed anymore. But if you do want to get one, check out

www.arizonashooting.com

Thanks for the link!

Roger Henry
11-21-2010, 14:51
We have an ad for CCW training here in Green Valley. He says "L/E experience 28 years. Member of S.A.V. 11 years. Monthly classes. Mike. 520-393-0737" SAV is the Sheriffs Aux. Volunteers. If you need more info email me at rbhenry@cox.net I'll show you a good place to shoot. Or 2 good places.
Roger

ChiefWPD
11-21-2010, 20:12
We have an ad for CCW training here in Green Valley. He says "L/E experience 28 years. Member of S.A.V. 11 years. Monthly classes. Mike. 520-393-0737" SAV is the Sheriffs Aux. Volunteers. If you need more info email me at rbhenry@cox.net I'll show you a good place to shoot. Or 2 good places.
Roger

Roger:

Thank you for the info. I'll email you.

Rich