New stock for 870 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New stock for 870

SCSU74
11-21-2010, 09:40
Just bought a Remington 870 and am looking for a good pistol grip stock. I will be using it for patrol so it has to be somewhat heavy duty and able to take some abuse. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated!

Victoriagotagun
11-21-2010, 09:51
Speedfeed IVS

-gunut-
11-21-2010, 10:27
Have you ever used one before? I have found that I don't like them much. I can manipulate a shotgun with a standard stock much easier and it is much lower profile. I really don't see the point in having one, unless you can't stand a standard stock. Anyone else feel this way?

aippi
11-21-2010, 13:33
Yes, Speedfeed IV-S with R3 pad. As for pistol grip stocks, you will find weapon retention is greatly enhanced and that alone is reason to use one. It is harder for someone to get the weapon away from you when you have the pistol grip to hold on to.

OJ.
11-21-2010, 21:31
Aippi, Does the Speedfeed IV-S stock come with the R3 pad or do you have to buy it separately? if so what part number is the right pad?

Thanks, I have decided this stock looks like what I want.

aippi
11-21-2010, 22:07
Separately. Part number 112752 from Remington, retail is $37. Your shoulder will thank you latter.

2glock40s
11-22-2010, 05:36
I use the Knoxx collapsable stock on mine. I like it a lot for its abilities. It does make the shotgun heavier and can be a little unwieldy when getting in and out of a car.

thunderbat
11-22-2010, 08:13
Choate Mark 5. Love mine on a converted 870 with 18" police barrel.

Draven21
11-22-2010, 14:28
Knoxx for sure. feels and works great on my 870

badge315
11-22-2010, 17:31
Speedfeed IVS

This.

22highcaps
11-22-2010, 19:48
Yes, Speedfeed IV-S with R3 pad. As for pistol grip stocks, you will find weapon retention is greatly enhanced and that alone is reason to use one. It is harder for someone to get the weapon away from you when you have the pistol grip to hold on to.

Another reason is that it is a whole lot easier to load the gun while keeping the muzzle pointed at the target with a pistol grip stock. A conventional stock puts a lot more stress on your wrist.

aippi
11-22-2010, 21:39
Another good point highcap. And in the same line of that it is easier to keep the weapon pointed at a threat if you have do use the other hand. We proved it time and time again with a drill we did. A team member was down and two members had to go get him and drag him to cover by his harness. When a member had a long gun with a pistol grip you could tell he was able to reach down and help drag the wounded member but keep his weapon level with the ground and scanning for threats.

Boxerglocker
12-20-2010, 10:55
Separately. Part number 112752 from Remington, retail is $37. Your shoulder will thank you latter.

J.D. will the Remington Supercell fit the Speedfeed IV-S? I have one coming, used but like new, love the supercell and would like to switch it over if it will fit. Otherwise, where can I order an R3?

aippi
12-20-2010, 11:21
Damn good question Box. I am going to try and find out as I just tried to order 30 R3 pads and they are discontinued. What this means is Limbsaver no longer makes it for Remington with the Remington Logo on it but of course the Limbsaver pad will still be offered. The problem is that every time I talk to a cubical clown at Remington about the Super Cells I get the wrong pads and have a mess of them in the shop and they don't seem to fit anything. If I can get one of LE reps to the phone I can get the right info and will post which Super Cell, by part number, will fit the SF IV-S and this means it will fit the Remington LE stock also.

Boxerglocker
12-20-2010, 12:33
Damn good question Box. I am going to try and find out as I just tried to order 30 R3 pads and they are discontinued. What this means is Limbsaver no longer makes it for Remington with the Remington Logo on it but of course the Limbsaver pad will still be offered. The problem is that every time I talk to a cubical clown at Remington about the Super Cells I get the wrong pads and have a mess of them in the shop and they don't seem to fit anything. If I can get one of LE reps to the phone I can get the right info and will post which Super Cell, by part number, will fit the SF IV-S and this means it will fit the Remington LE stock also.

Cool, I'll be looking out for the answer. Thanks J.D. :cool:

PeaceKeeper
12-24-2010, 21:09
I like the Knoxx folder, here is a video of my wife shooting a SBS 870 with one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdS-CJHlP6o

OJ.
12-24-2010, 21:49
I will be watching this thread also, I tried to buy the previous part number pad without any success. Aippi, please let us know if you find the correct Limbsaver pad for the Speedfeed IV-S.

Thanks,

Boxerglocker
12-26-2010, 14:07

I ended up getting an answer to this in a round about way. I received a used SF IV-S off a 870P for Christmas, it already has a "Remington" marked Limpsaver R3 installed. The Supercell would not be able to work on as the base is flush for mounting and the Supercell pad / OEM stock has a different more interlocking recessed mounting design.

OJ.
01-20-2011, 15:08
Aippi,

Any word on the SF IV-s recoil pad?

Thanks

Khao
01-20-2011, 18:24
You will not be disappointed if you get a knoxx spec-ops stock. High quality and very notice-able felt recoil reduction.

Khao
01-20-2011, 18:37
This is my 870 with the knoxx stock in it's shortest length of pull adjusted position. If you care to see how it looks.

Khao
01-20-2011, 18:39
Sorry, here it is.

WhiskeyUnicorn
01-20-2011, 20:28
Check out the review I did in this forum. Can't link it, comp battery is dying