Failures to extract [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Failures to extract

domyalex
11-21-2010, 18:21
So... my Spartan (9mm) is failing to extract once per magazine; basically the case remains partially in the chamber, causing the obvious issue with the nest round.

I got an STI replacement extractor, but the problem remains; I'd say it's actually getting progressively worse / more common each time I go to the range. Gun has ~250 rounds so far.

It happens both with factory ammo (AE) as well with my reloads (which all pass the plunk test).

The case isn't "sticky" in the chamber by any means; I can easily push it out by inserting my .22 bore snake from the muzzle and the little brass weight will push the case out. That should rule out ammo-related issues, right?

Could it be that even the 2nd extractor lacks proper tensions? Rough chamber?

Anything else I can try before sending the gun back? I'm in Canuck-land, so shipping is a bit less straightforward than in the US.

Thanks!

Markasaurus
11-21-2010, 18:36
Don't polish or modify anything, that could void the warranty. In my opinion attempting to re-engineer a gun almost never works, if the engineers who made it couldn't do it, chances are you can't make it work right either.
Just send it back using UPS or Fedex.

I dont know how the mail works up there but i can tell you do NOT repeat NOT use the US Postal service! If the even suspect it is a handgun being shipped they will take it and you'll never see it again, plus could be subject to criminal charges.

domyalex
11-21-2010, 19:04
Re:Shipping
No worries, we have an STI warranty depot in eastern Canada; over here we can ship by regular mail, but there a are a few bureaucratic hassles to jump around.

eljay45
11-23-2010, 06:54
Check your extractor tension.